Welcome to Gaia! ::

I watched Avatar; the Last Airbender when I was around six or maybe even earlier. Lord knows. Bottom line is, I loved it! I loved the adventuring, the characters, and the insanely skillful Toph. Now that Korra rules the Avatar scene, I'd love to know what you think about the two shows and tell me which one you prefer - and why! The two shoes are almost completely different with just a few things in common, so it should easy to choose!

Wheezing Smoker

14,800 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Gotta go Aang all the way! He's so much more optimistic and likable.
Sokka is my favorite character so there's that.
I like the older world better too, without the new technologies.
thetinprince
Gotta go Aang all the way! He's so much more optimistic and likable.
Sokka is my favorite character so there's that.
I like the older world better too, without the new technologies.

Ahhhh yes! razz Aang was 100% more likeable. Korra has a pride problem that is... off putting? razz The new one is okay, I enjoy it, but the old one was a much bigger world to explore and was more full of just beauty and creativity by far. <3
Avatar Aang and his adventure. I dont care for Korra and her story sadly.
Owchy crying

I don't think a lot of people do? I see the fans for Korra all the time, but I see more leaning in favour of Aang. There was more depth to it, they went... everywhere on their journey. It's a big thing to live up to, in all fairness. sweatdrop
Serenity Mori
Owchy crying

I don't think a lot of people do? I see the fans for Korra all the time, but I see more leaning in favour of Aang. There was more depth to it, they went... everywhere on their journey. It's a big thing to live up to, in all fairness. sweatdrop

I don't care if they travel and matching up. What my problem is,ever thing is so quick.Trouble is solved with no troubles. No depth to anyone,they are all shallow and unlikable.
Owchy crying
Serenity Mori
Owchy crying

I don't care if they travel and matching up. What my problem is,ever thing is so quick.Trouble is solved with no troubles. No depth to anyone,they are all shallow and unlikable.

All of them? They are all shallow though... Aren't they all teens? I see them being what this generation is. But with Aang, they were preteens and teens and they had the maturity of adults so I don't understand why this switch had to come.
Serenity Mori
Owchy crying
Serenity Mori
Owchy crying

All of them? They are all shallow though... Aren't they all teens? I see them being what this generation is. But with Aang, they were preteens and teens and they had the maturity of adults so I don't understand why this switch had to come.

But people arnt so stupid,that children are some how more smart. Everyone is different in life.Even the "adults" Are dumb behaving.
Owchy crying
Serenity Mori
Owchy crying
Serenity Mori
Owchy crying

But people arnt so stupid,that children are some how more smart. Everyone is different in life.Even the "adults" Are dumb behaving.

I noticed that. Aang's kids act like toddlers. There's nothing wrong with goofy characters, but there were too many in this show. I didn't see a lot of character development that... meant anything. There was a lot more in Last Airbender, I think I got too used to it and then plunged into this so it disappointed more.
Serenity Mori
Owchy crying
Serenity Mori
Owchy crying
Serenity Mori
Owchy crying

I noticed that. Aang's kids act like toddlers. There's nothing wrong with goofy characters, but there were too many in this show. I didn't see a lot of character development that... meant anything. There was a lot more in Last Airbender, I think I got too used to it and then plunged into this so it disappointed more.

Right,fully agree.
I prefer korras story. About that aang was 100% more likeable? nahthx. Korra>Aang
Opposite of Depression
I prefer korras story. About that aang was 100% more likeable? nahthx. Korra>Aang

Lol ok razz What was more special about Korra than Aang though? Isn't she more bratty?
Serenity Mori
Opposite of Depression

Lol ok razz What was more special about Korra than Aang though? Isn't she more bratty?

It's more realistic to me.
Rather than bratty, korra makes understandable mistakes and "bratty" in a reasonable level, shes neither a perfect person nor a perfect avatar. She can screw up big time, lose her connection with past lives and let all that previous avatars experience become useless, or she can accomplish something none of those avatars couldnt, like bringing spirits back to the world.
I don't like the idea of 12 years old kid trying to live a monks life, being vegetarian and trying to be free from humanly lust and pleasure, like he know anything about those things or had any reason to do what he is doing. I agree design-wise it's super cool, the tattoo and color orange and being bald.

Just character wise comparison -korra is way better in my opinnion. I still prefer sokka over bolin, appa over naga or toph over -anything. blaugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff