Welcome to Gaia! ::

Recently, I've been seeing people say that the arenas are "broken" when certain users/entries place. I'd like to know what makes it "broken". Are people calling guild voting a form of "breaking" the arenas? What about downvoting? What makes it "broken"?

This thread isn't intended to flame anyone. I'm just trying to have an open, honest discussion because it seems as if some of the regular placers/critics cry, "THE ARENAS ARE BROKE!!!11!!!" when a cosplay that they personally dislike or a user that they dislike places. Just because a cosplay that is from a series or whatever that you personally have no connection to as an interest places shouldn't automatically mean that the arenas are "broken". I can sympathize with it being tiresome to see Sailor Moons and Naruto cosplays over and over, but it honestly seems as if this is a very cliquey atmosphere.

Lonely Kitten

I think a lot of the "broken" talks refers more to the mechanics of the arena, such as the fact that the All tab shows the same entries all week and does not rotate, or the fact that some entries can not be found by searching the pages because some of the pages are actually missing. Those definitely qualify as "broken" issues that need to be addressed.

I also see people referring to downvoting and guild-whoring as "broken" aspects, though I wouldn't really fit them into the same category as arena mechanics. Regardless, they are still issues that need some looking into.

People will talk about arena winners no matter what places. I know that I've really liked some entries that placed that many of the other in this forum haven't, and I've hated quite a few that were - for some reason beyond the scope of my understanding - popular. I've also seen people throw a lot of words around that they want to help justify their opinion, "broken" on some occasions being one of them. The best thing to do is take all of the opinions with a grain of salt. Obviously, if you've placed, enough people liked your entry. The opinions of those that don't are just opinions, nothing more.
I can agree with the mechanics part. I would consider guild voting, botting, downvoting, etc to be issues that should be fixed. Same goes for the rotating tabs. I only ever see Spotlight rotate and All stays the same.

Shirtless Millionaire

9,050 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I would say broken being when I search the 'all' tab and hit 'next' I somehow end up at the last page?

As rae said earlier, more mechanics than anything else.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
To me, "broken" refers to the voting system not being adequate and the politics of the game, where people try to play the game of influence rather than quality.

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Wolfram Asher Davidson
To me, "broken" refers to the voting system not being adequate and the politics of the game, where people try to play the game of influence rather than quality.

This for me too.

The arenas used to be about skill and talent but it's devolved into a popularity contest where complete rubbish wins because of the number of friends the user has and to me that's not what the arenas are about.

The voting system needs to be out of a higher number to be fair (It used to be out of 10), out of 5 doesn't give much scope in how the viewer votes.

The entry fee being so low in the past (1k) has led to people presuming they can enter any old pap because they're bored and to me at least that's not what the arenas are about; they should be about the talent of creating a good avatar.

Fashionable Vampire

I'm agreeing with Wolf and Pilots.
Arenas used to be about the quality of the avatar and how much effort you poured into it.[As well as your heart and soul]

Now, you can just enter any batshit crazy concoction, whore it out to everyone and your friends, then it'll place in the Winner's Circle every week.

-deep breath-
Do I get my martini now?

Liberal Lunatic

Kenshin Himura ^_^x
I would say broken being when I search the 'all' tab and hit 'next' I somehow end up at the last page?

As rae said earlier, more mechanics than anything else.

Agreed. Oh God, I hate that! It's you're in the middle, you might as well forget it.

Romantic Lover

12,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image

βяoτhєя мỳ βяoτhєя
τєℓℓ мє ωhατ αяє ωє ƒíghτíиg ƒoя?
ωє goτ τo єи∂ τhís ωαя
ωє shoύℓ∂ ℓovє oиє αиoτhєя

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Wolf and Kenshin more or less said what I view as broken...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

cαи’τ ωє jύsτ ρяєτи∂
τhís ωαя иvєя βєgαи
ωє cαи τяỳ…
βяoτhєя мỳ βяoτhєя

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items