Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you happy with the arena and it's voters/ratings?

No 0.48214285714286 48.2% [ 27 ]
Yes 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 4 ]
I'm okay with it but it could be better 0.44642857142857 44.6% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 56 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Friendly Firestarter

12,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Pilotslover
Yun San

well all i know is that they need to fix the arenas and make it better and reduce the downvoters or get rid of them completely tis tricky to come up with a solution though

Forcing comments isn't the way to do it, there's nothing to stop someone voting and just putting nonsense and it leaves people giving legitimate feedback open to abuse.

I don't know what the solution is but forced voting leaves a funny taste in my mouth.

yea when i posted i didnt think of how ppl harrass others but hey it was worth the shot anyways i do believe that when ppl vote low they should at least be respectful and tell the person why and/ or what they could have done to improve the entry for another week.

Skilled Raider

something i start to wonder is my gallery's Avg. Rating.
Seeing that 99% of my Gallery is around 3.4 - 3.8 and one submit went 2.8, i don't see why my avg. is 2.9 sweatdrop

Aged Gaian

9,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Uleaux
So I went into the arena today, with high hopes for my creature, never been done (that I knew of) avi with a cute story, proper title and tags WITH a reference picture.

I get there and I have a 1.37 ..That's it. emotion_facepalm
In my defense, it wasn't a terrible avi, maybe a 3 or even 4, but not a 1, I had done so much better than most with this one and I'm not just being cocky.

With that...it's almost high time that I might actually quit the arena, which would mean quitting Gaia seeing as that's the thing on here I like to do most! Not Zomg, not Tiles (though I do love Tiles), not the forum or trading and buying on the marketplace, the arena!

Such a shame that original avi's get 1'D and downvoted so people with terrible avatars can get placed higher. I saw literally 25-30 GOOD avi's with 15 being amazing while the rest which is over 40 are absolutely terrible. Most of them being "just me", "my avi", "lol no title here" or some crazy non-matching avi with no story..

My faith in the arena and it's voters is almost completely gone. emotion_donotwant
That is strange indeed, Did you go to the right arena?

Belialchan's Other Half

Ground Control

29,350 Points
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
in my case i dont submit avis that often bc even when i think its a gr8 avi it gets not a really high voting... and y? bc of the reasons u mentioned like ppl telling their friends to donvote others and to vote high on their avis burning_eyes in my case i can say i vote like u wrote on the first page and i rate fairly.sometimes im so proud of my creation that i announce it in 1 guild that there is an avi of mine in the arenas but i dont tell any1 to downvote others. at least i write a comment if an avi is really, really crappy and y this user wasted 10k o.o

but in fact arenas mnade me mad crying

Sparkly Strawberry

Daemongrave
Uleaux
So I went into the arena today, with high hopes for my creature, never been done (that I knew of) avi with a cute story, proper title and tags WITH a reference picture.

In my defense, it wasn't a terrible avi, maybe a 3 or even 4, but not a 1, I had done so much better than most with this one and I'm not just being cocky.

With that...it's almost high time that I might actually quit the arena, which would mean quitting Gaia seeing as that's the thing on here I like to do most! Not Zomg, not Tiles (though I do love Tiles), not the forum or trading and buying on the marketplace, the arena!

Such a shame that original avi's get 1'D and downvoted so people with terrible avatars can get placed higher. I saw literally 25-30 GOOD avi's with 15 being amazing while the rest which is over 40 are absolutely terrible. Most of them being "just me", "my avi", "lol no title here" or some crazy non-matching avi with no story..

My faith in the arena and it's voters is almost completely gone. emotion_donotwant

sure did. I double check it everytime.

Sparkly Strawberry

Balbora
in my case i dont submit avis that often bc even when i think its a gr8 avi it gets not a really high voting... and y? bc of the reasons u mentioned like ppl telling their friends to donvote others and to vote high on their avis burning_eyes in my case i can say i vote like u wrote on the first page and i rate fairly.sometimes im so proud of my creation that i announce it in 1 guild that there is an avi of mine in the arenas but i dont tell any1 to downvote others. at least i write a comment if an avi is really, really crappy and y this user wasted 10k o.o

but in fact arenas mnade me mad crying

Agreed.
Also, cute avi :3 Im using Literary Luxury on my next avi! I may enter it for the week after next.

Aged Gaian

9,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Uleaux
Daemongrave
Uleaux

It feels like that you go to the original arenas since also I couldn't find you in the cosplay arena. Well if your still interested in the arenas. I'm sure the cosplay community would welcome you with open arms. We can be fair there when it comes to judging as long as it's not overdone or use item sets you know.

And that's the thing, I don't judge the originals. Who am I to say what's good or bad. You're probably just need a change of scene perhaps. 3nodding

Sparkly Strawberry

Daemongrave
Uleaux
Daemongrave
Uleaux

It feels like that you go to the original arenas since also I couldn't find you in the cosplay arena. Well if your still interested in the arenas. I'm sure wthe cosplay community would welcome you with open arms. We can be fair there when it comes to judging as long as it's not overdone or use item sets you know.

And that's the thing, I don't judge the originals. Who am I to say what's good or bad. You're probably just need a change of scene perhaps. 3nodding

Ive thought about joining the cosplay arena many, many times. It just seems like hard work. Ive got 2 more Originals to submit, maybe then Ill give it a break to cosplay

Man-Hungry Champion

It seems like the people who rate avatars in the arena have a certain taste. If you don't fit it, then you don't make the cut.

I guess originality just isn't something the avatar arena is too into?

Aged Gaian

9,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Uleaux
Daemongrave
Uleaux
Daemongrave
Uleaux

It feels like that you go to the original arenas since also I couldn't find you in the cosplay arena. Well if your still interested in the arenas. I'm sure wthe cosplay community would welcome you with open arms. We can be fair there when it comes to judging as long as it's not overdone or use item sets you know.

Ive thought about joining the cosplay arena many, many times. It just seems like hard work. Ive got 2 more Originals to submit, maybe then Ill give it a break to cosplay
Not too hard unless you're expectations on what you want to cosplay and items are unrealistic. 3nodding

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Lazulir
Seeing that 99% of my Gallery is around 3.4 - 3.8 and one submit went 2.8, i don't see why my avg. is 2.9 sweatdrop

I thought that was only me! I'm having the same issue as well and it's starting to annoy me.

Skilled Raider

Lapsis Stella
Lazulir

I thought that was only me! I'm having the same issue as well and it's starting to annoy me.

looks like they messed up something, because it doesn't make sense.
it annoys me as well, i want my proper avg votes back D:<

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Lazulir
Lapsis Stella
Lazulir

looks like they messed up something, because it doesn't make sense.
it annoys me as well, i want my proper avg votes back D:<

I do too! There is no reason I should be at a 3.02. Bl Maybe we should it up in bugs and forums?

Skilled Raider

Lapsis Stella

I do too! There is no reason I should be at a 3.02. Bl Maybe we should it up in bugs and forums?

Yeah, probably we should.
A avg of 2.9 looks so depressing D:
It's horrible when a perfectly well done and amazing avitar doesn't get enough comments. I'v noticed that people comment more on CRAAPY ones then they do better ones. I also know that the more people comment on something the more other people care to state their opinions too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff