Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm Nomme de Pocky, I'm a regular in the arenas but not as regular as I'd like. I decided to create this thread to help others understand the arenas and to encourage better entries. But not only that, I want to see better voting in the arenas and hope that this thread will help voters be more aware of what they're voting for and how to judge it better than just a first glance.

I will also be critiquing the winners in the original arena, it's just too hard for me to keep up with both arenas and since we have others critiquing the cosplay arena, I'll leave it with them. I will be harsh, but also helpful. And I won't be skipping over any of the entries, if I find it not to my tastes be aware that I will not be wearing the kid gloves.

There will also be a spotlight for the avatars in the original arena that I think will cut it for placing. I will be adding a legendary spot for those avatars that I think are timeless. If you believe that I skipped over something that is worthy of mention, please bring it my attention by way of private message. We aren't allowed to name drop in this forum and it will help avoid any down voting that may occur.

Now if you don't agree with any of my critiques, please be an adult about it. Don't flame me or others for our opinion, if you have a problem with it either send me a private message or be civil about it. Because if you are rude and you throw curse words around, I will not hesitate to report you.

On a last note, please follow the Gaia Tos. All you have to do is click on the link and it will take you to the page if you need to refresh your memory on something in particular.

It's sad that I have to post this here so big, but we've been having issues with this. Please do not advertise your entries in my thread. It is against the rules for the avatar arena forum. I eventually get to all the entries in the arenas it just takes me some time so please do not advertise.

Mood for the week:
]

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
Original Arena Tips

*Don't use sets, they lack creativity
*Have tasteful clutter
*Don't use one 'I Am' items
*Try to avoid angel/demon themes, these are way overdone
*If you do steam punk, do more than just browns/golds
*Try to balance the colors you use throughout your avatar
*Don't delete critiques that are left on your entry, bad or not
*Don't go off deleting comments when you win/get critiqued
*Have a good solid description and title
*If you can't take critiques then don't enter
*Don't critique other people and then get all bent out of shape when someone critiques you

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
Cosplay Arena Tips

*Don't use sets, as I said above, it lacks creativity
*If you use an 'I Am', you better give it an awesome background and an explanation
*Please don't place "my interpretation" or "based off" this character in the cosplay arena. It's not a cosplay so therefore it goes to the original arena
*If you use the wrong gender, you better give a good explanation
*If you're cosplaying a book character, please state that you are, it will help voters tremendously if you state that and give a description of the character straight from the book
*Always have a reference picture. Not everyone will know who you are
*You better match skin tone, hair, and eyes as best you can. It's only 100 gold to change skin tones
*Don't go off deleting comments when you win/get critiqued
*Have a good solid description and title
*Don't go critiquing and then when someone does it to you, get bent out of shape
*If you can't handle being critiqued, then don't enter, simple as that

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
Original Winner Circle Week Seventeen

1st
User Image

I absolutely adore the layering on the outfit and how everything is so balanced. I'm also impressed that eye mods were not used either. The choice of Salon Durem eyes was superb and I applaud the use. The background is very fitting and certainly adds to the theme.

2nd
User Image
I'm so glad to see that this placed! This is how a geisha truly is and I hope that others pay attention. But sadly I don't think they will. The only that disturbs on this entry are the bulk bracelets. I think they distract from the main avatar just a little.

3rd
User Image

Sadly, I wasn't a big fan of this entry. The black in the top of the avatar was distributed nicely, but the bottom half it seems wasn't. I do applaud the use of the masquerade bangs though, that was a good idea.

4th
User Image

I'm glad this placed! I loved how the white was accented by the blues. It's certainly nice to see a white avatar with hints like that. The only problem I see is the black on the hipbows, but it's not enough to affect the avatar overall.

5th
User Image

I was hoping that this would place first. The colors and the mystical ambiance of the whole avatar/theme demands it. The color choices were impeccable and I just can't find a thing wrong with this.

6th
User Image

I adore the fact that only one of Empress Cotton or Cotton Empress (however it goes) was used. The layering on the bodice is just lovely and I love the end result. My only complaint, the hair ribbons are too sparkly. But other than that, this is a lovely piece.

7th
User Image

All I have to say is that I adore the use of colors! I wish this had placed much higher.

8th
User Image

This is just lovely! I adore the brightness of the avatar. The backgrounds used were excellent choices and the layering paid off.

9th
User Image

It's lovely to see that this avatar was accented with green. That color isn't used enough and this was a lovely piece of work!

10th
User Image

I swear I've seen something similar before, but I can't place where. So until I can satisfy my brain, I'll give this the benefit of the doubt. It's a lovely piece, the item choices were great to go along with the theme. This is something that matches the description and that's rare sometimes with ideas like this.

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
Cosplay Winner Circle Week Fifteen

1st
User Image

I'm impressed that this actually placed this high! I'm glad that you took the shape of Mr. Peanuts body into considered and used the female body base for it. I don't have anything more to say than I'm glad this placed.

2nd
User Image

So glad to see a decent Kid Buu place so highly. I'm glad to see the Heartful Punch item used in such an interesting way! The background was a good choice.

3rd
User Image

It's nice to see an actual person place in the arena. I only wished that a background had been included, but this is well done nonetheless.

4th
User Image

I'm not a Vocaloid fan, I don't like the seeing the arena overrun with them, but this was a refreshing sight to see.

5th
User Image

I wish this had placed higher. It was such a greatly executed cosplay that it deserves it! Jenova is the hardest Final Fantasy character to do, and this was pulled off wonderfully! The fact that a background was added, is a plus as well.

6th
User Image

I'm glad to see a well done Kabuto place. The changes made were nice and certainly pulled off the right look. I don't have much more to say on this.

7th
User Image

A wonderful DC cosplay that hasn't been over done! My only suggestion would be to add the drapes to give that curtain look. But wonderful overall!

8th
User Image

The background details on this is amazing! And the use of the new AT item for the face was a good move as well. I'm glad this placed, but I wish it were a bit higher!

9th
User Image

Not bad, good use of the Dice Bunny for her pigtails. That's all I have to really say on this.

10th
User Image

While I like the concept, the skirt is way out of place with the pink. In fact, a skirt should have been used at all. The black and flames behind the avatar is just atrocious and take away from the main avatar. The use of the lily pad was a good idea, I'll give it that.

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
Original Picks

Groups:
Battle Blitz Royal:

User Image User Image User Image User Image User ImageUser Image User Image User Image

Non-groups:
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
Cosplay Picks

Thanks to Naramaru for stepping in this week. biggrin
group Entries:

User Image
Non-group Entries:

User Image

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
*Camps in thread*

Mwah ahaha

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
Pilotslover
*Camps in thread*

Mwah ahaha

Welcome! Feel free to suggest any tips!

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
        Ah thank you, I always appreciate a critique!

(and I will likely be stalking this thread ninja )

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
Denham
        Ah thank you, I always appreciate a critique!

(and I will likely be stalking this thread ninja )

It's no problem! I have fun with it.

And please do!

O.G. Bunny

14,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Thanks for the critique! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff