Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Fatcat

12,150 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Timid 100
  • Overstocked 200
Unfortunately some of you may be upset to know that an elite arena is in the making. My friend made a thread about it in the feedback forum a while ago and got a response from one of the mods/admins or whatever that the plan was in the process of being made and that stakes would be higher and entry would be higher as well for it.

I don't mind it, of course the beginning of it will be crazy, but it'll pan out eventually. Like all new features, tweaks will be made in time.

Noob

I do believe that it is a wondrous idea.

Melodious Gekko

12,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Champion 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Same problem, different money amounts. Perhaps those who are completely new to Gaia may be put off, but older 'noobs' these days are a lot richer than they used to be. They can afford to enter and then go about with the same tactics as the normal arena.
question, is the gaia community voting for the winner for the elite arena ? then that's the problem .some people on gaia,not all, only vote for friends or favorite artist in the arena, and vote down others. or they are to close minded to some avatars. i think if the gaia workers , not the people of gaia, should vote for it. it would stop the friends voting up friends, and voting down others.

avatars dont have to be millions to be good, just put together ,original , and not sloppy. And a good story wouldn't hurt. just to get a feel of what the artist was thinking about when making the avatar. doesn't have to be a book but something simple.

i think 100k is pushing it for entry fee, i think it would stop a lot entering. i know i could not afforded it....and i would love the elite arena....

Dangerous Lunatic

......people are still commenting on this thread.....Magic!

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
l rose l
question, is the gaia community voting for the winner for the elite arena ? then that's the problem .some people on gaia,not all, only vote for friends or favorite artist in the arena, and vote down others. or they are to close minded to some avatars. i think if the gaia workers , not the people of gaia, should vote for it. it would stop the friends voting up friends, and voting down others.

avatars dont have to be millions to be good, just put together ,original , and not sloppy. And a good story wouldn't hurt. just to get a feel of what the artist was thinking about when making the avatar. doesn't have to be a book but something simple.

i think 100k is pushing it for entry fee, i think it would stop a lot entering. i know i could not afforded it....and i would love the elite arena....

Perhaps people have to register to vote just as they have to submit submissions. In order for you to vote in this new arena, you have to have submitted an entry in order to vote. This way it keeps things in the arena. If you want to vote without submitting, you must pay a fee that resembles what a submission costs, either in gold, or tokens, or dare I say GC.
Rya Dracosin
l rose l

Perhaps people have to register to vote just as they have to submit submissions. In order for you to vote in this new arena, you have to have submitted an entry in order to vote. This way it keeps things in the arena. If you want to vote without submitting, you must pay a fee that resembles what a submission costs, either in gold, or tokens, or dare I say GC.

registering isn't a bad idea
lol no GC i would pay real money to vote in a arena....

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
l rose l
Rya Dracosin
l rose l

registering isn't a bad idea
lol no GC i would pay real money to vote in a arena....

If you make GC an OPTION (not the only way to pay), i think there'd be a few people who'd use it. Help gaia rake in the dough, while still allowing people to choose their currency of choice.

Dapper Noob

The problem with a 100k arena is that you'd not only have to balance the prize to make the entry worth it, but also there would be a drastic reduction in those willing and able to enter. Sure, it would bring out higher quality - as people would need more confidence in their work, as well as cash in general; but look at the cosplay arena - you'll usually get about 6 pages of entries. Times the price by 10 and you'd likely get no more than two pages.

It would really skew the kind of results you would get, I think.

I think a free arena with small to no prizes, and then a paid one with an entry fee somewhere between 20-50k would make a bit more sense. Possibly.

Devoted Regular

i def think they should cuz lets face it when it comes to cosplay avatars having the same group in the top is a crushing blow to the fans who have cosplays that are less expensive or not very intricate. i entered with an ash ketchum cosplay and it was near perfect but i don't stand a chance against avatars like like its Meark produces each week

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Naramaru
We're more of the opinion that there should be an arena where there is no entry fee and no prizes. Kind of like a "My Gallery" type of thing. As a person who enters a lot, there is no way I'd pay 100k per entry... maybe 25k - 30k.
At least there is a "no entry fee/no prizes" thing now. The Avatar Spotlight does that pretty well and actually turns up better avatars than the arena does.

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Adnama Lavode
Naramaru
We're more of the opinion that there should be an arena where there is no entry fee and no prizes. Kind of like a "My Gallery" type of thing. As a person who enters a lot, there is no way I'd pay 100k per entry... maybe 25k - 30k.
At least there is a "no entry fee/no prizes" thing now. The Avatar Spotlight does that pretty well and actually turns up better avatars than the arena does.

But there is no guarantee you're going to get into the spotlight.

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
lov3sucks
i def think they should cuz lets face it when it comes to cosplay avatars having the same group in the top is a crushing blow to the fans who have cosplays that are less expensive or not very intricate. i entered with an ash ketchum cosplay and it was near perfect but i don't stand a chance against avatars like like its Meark produces each week

It's the necessity of winning enteries of that quality that is needed to promote overall greater quality cosplays as actual fair competition. The problem being is the fact many people simply enter with the idea of the prize in mind, and many arena artists adopting the mindset of how having a overly expensive budget is the only perquisite for any successful entry where in-fact it requires much much more for the project to exceed any and all prior iterations of said character.

Alienating the so called top tier is a major step backwards for an already somewhat alienated community such as ours.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff