Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
yaki_terri
Naramaru
I remember reading somewhere (can't remember where) that voting "closes" well before turn over. So for the last little bit when the scores and ranks are going up and down, it doesn't mean anything,

if that's the case, why don't the site mods told the contestant before?
wouldn't it be a 'scam',, for deceiving the voters that their votes counts?
I purposely ask my friends to vote near the closing date,, in case of the downvoters influx...

I don't know what you mean by that first question exactly. Apparently the voting starts @12:01am PST Monday (they say midnight but I find it takes a minute) and the votes stop being counted @ 7:00pm PST. Found it, it's in the How to use the Avatar Arena sticky. So it's not really a scam if they tell you how it works beforehand. Though they don't really make that information very clear in my opinion.

Hiroko Takashiro's Significant Otter

Shirtless Dreamer

31,725 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Survivor 150
How the ranks are calculated is a bit sketchy anyway. Last night, my average went from 4.44 at 8 votes to 3.15 at 9 votes - which is mathematically impossible.

It's also weird when calculating 9th - 11th this week, when 11th's apparent raw total is higher than 9ths and 10ths.

aBADcold's Waifu

Sweet Lunatic

37,575 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Marionette Fantasia

Score * Number of votes received = raw score. It'll be a decimal, and but I haven't quiet figured out whether you round up or down, or to the nearest number.

That's so weird =.=
I don't know, I was bouncing up and down at 7th to 11th place last week. Then I see the amount of voters go up and the avg changing with every new voter (downwards mainly) towards the end.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff