Welcome to Gaia! ::

High-functioning Unicorn

So,, I submitted my entry at the arena last week, which voting phase has just ended,,
and since then I keep on monitoring my entry's rank...
2 minutes before the voting closed,, my entry as on the 10th rank,, which delighted me, cause even though I didn't win but I still placed on the big ten.... that was what I thought...

few seconds before it closed, it still said I was on the 10th rank... with the average rates 3.99

But when the vote closed,, I can't see my entry among the top 10,, while the 9th and the 10th ranks has the same amount of average rates 3.99 and when I checked I also got 3.99 average!
But why I didn't place on the top 10?
Why do they got to get 9-10th rank while I don't even placed at all?

It's not that I'm angry... well, a bit furious actually... I'm just really disappointed with the result...
if I had less average than the last rank and I don't make it on top, then I would understand
but the fact is I have the same average as the last rank,,
any other people experienced this before?

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
I think it may also have to do with the number of voters but I'm sure someone else will have a better idea then I do!

High-functioning Unicorn

Pilotslover
I think it may also have to do with the number of voters but I'm sure someone else will have a better idea then I do!

well it could be,, if there was a way to check it, then I would....
thanks anyway for the answer

Dangerous Gekko

I'm not sure what happened. I was sure I would not place as mine was rank 14 at 3.99. I also think it has something to do with the number of votes. At the last minute I got a message saying I ranked. sweatdrop

In my eyes we all shared 9th

Hiroko Takashiro's Significant Otter

Shirtless Dreamer

31,725 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Survivor 150
It seems to me like it would have gone down to the decimal?

Dangerous Gekko

High-functioning Unicorn

Nummymuffin
I'm not sure what happened. I was sure I would not place as mine was rank 14 at 3.99. I also think it has something to do with the number of votes. At the last minute I got a message saying I ranked. sweatdrop

Ah, I remember your entry,, it is one of the pokemon thingie right? the one on the stage! Congratulations, anyway!

I actually was on the 14th rank since 1 hour before the vote closed. So I keep sending messages to my friends to vote for me. And suddenly it's escalated to 10th rank minute before the votes closed. and it keep on the 10th rank until it closed~ I think what disappoint me most is because the system told me that I placed but the reality said I don't..

edit:
Wow! thanks for the picture!

Shirtless Dreamer

31,725 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Survivor 150
Nummymuffin
User Image
User Image
User Image

A rough estimate of the scores raw scores based on those numbers...

9th: 3.985
10th: 3.986
11th: 3.988

Which doesn't really make sense.

High-functioning Unicorn

Marionette Fantasia
It seems to me like it would have gone down to the decimal?

that's also possibility... but I don't think it really is since until the moment before the votes closed I still on the 10th rank...

High-functioning Unicorn

Marionette Fantasia
Nummymuffin
User Image
User Image
User Image

eh? how did you figure out the number? emotion_jawdrop
I never really like math... one of the class that I skipped most~

Shirtless Dreamer

31,725 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Survivor 150
yaki_terri
Marionette Fantasia
Nummymuffin
User Image
User Image
User Image

eh? how did you figure out the number? emotion_jawdrop
I never really like math... one of the class that I skipped most~

Score * Number of votes received = raw score. It'll be a decimal, and but I haven't quiet figured out whether you round up or down, or to the nearest number.

Dangerous Gekko

yaki_terri
Nummymuffin

Ah, I remember your entry,, it is one of the pokemon thingie right? the one on the stage! Congratulations, anyway!

I actually was on the 14th rank since 1 hour before the vote closed. So I keep sending messages to my friends to vote for me. And suddenly it's escalated to 10th rank minute before the votes closed. and it keep on the 10th rank until it closed~ I think what disappoint me most is because the system told me that I placed but the reality said I don't..

edit:
Wow! thanks for the picture!

Yeah just simple screen shots of our votes.
I was rank 7 around 6pm Mountain time and when I checked it again before voting closed it was at rank 14.

High-functioning Unicorn

I sent pm to the moderators,, hopefully the could answer soon

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
I remember reading somewhere (can't remember where) that voting "closes" well before turn over. So for the last little bit when the scores and ranks are going up and down, it doesn't mean anything,

High-functioning Unicorn

Naramaru
I remember reading somewhere (can't remember where) that voting "closes" well before turn over. So for the last little bit when the scores and ranks are going up and down, it doesn't mean anything,

if that's the case, why don't the site mods told the contestant before?
wouldn't it be a 'scam',, for deceiving the voters that their votes counts?
I purposely ask my friends to vote near the closing date,, in case of the downvoters influx...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff