Welcome to Gaia! ::

Like promise them parts of the prize money for their vote?

Also, I think their should be a way to stop people using their influence/popularity instead of their style to winning the contest. It's not fair, and goes against this:
omgwhat
We want Avatar Arena to be fun. (indirectly, that means fair)
We want Avatar Arena to have quality avatars.

By no way is what I have said fair. And looking at said avatar, it is not quality either.

You're thoughts please?

Oh, and no name dropping. It will just give people big egos, and that's not good.
I don't think it should be, no.

I'm less than impressed by one member of the Top10 doing exactly that, I have to say.

The AA should be a question of style, not popularity or bribery, in my opinion.

Getting a crap Number 1 avatar because they told other people to vote for them and paid them afterwards just detracts from the point. neutral
If you actually look in te avatar it's not just popular people who are getting highly voted. I've seen avatars with expensive/rare donation items that have very low ratings.

And of course it's against the rules to bribe people to vote for you. razz
I don't believe it's fair.
It's offensive actually.

Original Sex Symbol

Completely unethical.

Not sure if the rules actually say a thing about it though. sad
Hear hear!

I told people I would reward comments, as I want to know what exactly people think...and I told them to vote, but using their own vote, not just "vote ten".

I'd rather lose and let someone deserving win, than win with a really shitty avatar, making someone miss out on gold that they want and deserve way more than me.

heart 3nodding heart 3nodding heart
Calmer
I don't think it should be, no.

I'm less than impressed by one member of the Top10 doing exactly that, I have to say.

The AA should be a question of style, not popularity or bribery, in my opinion.

Getting a crap Number 1 avatar because they told other people to vote for them and paid them afterwards just detracts from the point. neutral
Exactly what I'm thinking.

Dead.moki: Where does it say this in the rules?

jessyta: The rules need to be changed so that they do specify about this.
oh i see no problem in paying them to vote

however, not if YOU decide the rating ;3~
PistGurl
Hear hear!

I told people I would reward comments, as I want to know what exactly people think...and I told them to vote, but using their own vote, not just "vote ten".

I'd rather lose and let someone deserving win, than win with a really shitty avatar, making someone miss out on gold that they want and deserve way more than me.

heart 3nodding heart 3nodding heart
For that you could go to the AT, though. No need to pay someone for suggestions. 3nodding

Sparkly Fairy

I dunno..

If it werent against the rules it could very easily become a "who ever can pay the most people" contest.. :X
+s.c.o.r.n+

If you say:

"If I get in the top 10, you'll get paid back for rating me," then those rating you will be predisposed towards giving you a high rating, so you're in the top 10 and therefore can pay them, though, aren't they? confused
+s.c.o.r.n+

No point in paying someone unless you choose the rating. That's just free gold for a chance of bringing down the contestants average.

Secksy Panda
I dunno..

If it werent against the rules it could very easily become a "who ever can pay the most people" contest.. :X
And that's why we need the rules to specify about this sort of thing.

Original Sex Symbol

Yeah, the rules certainly need to be clarified in some areas. 3nodding
thaxul
+s.c.o.r.n+

No point in paying someone unless you choose the rating. That's just free gold for a chance of bringing down the contestants average.

well if you're offering to pay for votes
there's going to be people that drop your average
just because you're being unethical

best not to play those games
chivalry i hope isn't so dead <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items