Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Welcome to my thread on the avatar arena winners!

As you can see I enjoy Pumpkin Scissors so much I named my critique thread after it smile

User Image
In case anyone wants to check it out, here's a trailer to get you started...

Here I hope to have civil discussions on the winners of the week as well as post some of my personal favorites in both arenas. Please note that I am not judging based on matching, layering, etc. I like to keep things simple if at all possible. I like to be able to tell what something is without having to go cross-eyed trying to figure out what item got used where. As for cosplays I go by as close as I can see they are to the ref pic without having to squint at the ref pic. I wish they would make them bigger!

TIME FOR A REVAMP-PUMPKIN SCISSORS STYLE!
User Image

Changing this up again because I just don't have the time and energy to pick things to shreds.

Score will still be based on 1-5 point value as seen above.

I will mention something or many things that I liked about your winning entry-Badges of Honor

I will also mention something or many things that could use improvement-Redeeming Missions

And if your entry received a 2 or lower because there was just too much wrong with it you get-Dishonorable Discharge

Here are the rules people, obey them or I'll stab you with my pigsticker!

1) Obey the Gaia ToS-obviously! Nothing inappropriate is to be posted or shared in this thread. No spamming! Spammers are reported no ifs, ands, or buts about it. stressed

2) Be respectful to other people on this thread-everyone is entitled to an opinion but that doesn't include cussing out others because their view doesn't match yours. Deal with it nicely! That means no drama people, if it goes on for more than a couple posts I will deal with it myself scream

3) You may discuss things but no whining! wahmbulance If you are mad about something someone said about your winning submission then explain why you did what you did! If you are mad at me don't bother reading this thread then, I really don't want to have to deal with sore-winners or losers. No flaming!!! This is the internet and you only see what I choose to show of my personality-so no you don't know me at all! stressed

4) No obnoxious post pics or outlines please! Keep it simple people! smile You may post some of your favorites too, I enjoy discussing likes/dislikes wink And I also love it when people post tekteks-go right ahead!

5) Don't take this too seriously! If you won, be proud of yourself! Yay you spent a lot of gold and won maybe a little bit of it back plus some new friends and nice comments...*gives a pumpkin sugar cookie*

A little addition to show I appreciate thread regulars, the Orange List:
Emo Kuroumi Nui
Trillium Fae
Sifen Yamishi
More names to add later...

Hate to do this but no bad deed goes unpunished...THE BLACK LIST
darkkid567-for spamming repeatedly despite rule number 1. Ignored and reported.

Draw your sword-I challenge you to a duel over the fate of the arena!
User Image

Dangerous Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Well, since I am going to be doing a critique/discussion thread, I will introduce myself.

I am Anhelitta De Celine-Val.

I am a Cosplayer of a few years experience in real life so the fact that Gaia has a Cosplay arena makes me happy. I've branched out into the Original arena as well in order to further express my creativity.

I tend to be sarcastic, which means people either get mad or go huh? at things I've posted. Don't worry if you don't get my humor, many don't!

I'm 3 years old on Gaia, so I may lack the longtime experience many others may have in Avatar Arena criticism, but I will try my best to be fair and relatively nice about it.

I like simple not overly complex things. Saves me the trouble and time of sorting things out.

Youtube explains my Titles usually...
I blame my husband for getting this song stuck in my head!

Dangerous Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
LOOKING AT THE SOLDIERS OF THE WEEK

Okay then, let's get this show on the road! I have TWO helpers now!
Thank you EMO KUROMI NUI and TRILLIUM FAE for aiding this Pumpkin Scissors soldier!

Decided to create a section for the cream of the crop. You are the best of the best!

War Heroes
New Year New Heroes!

Week 4:
User Image User Image

Week 7:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Week 8:
User ImageUser Image

Dangerous Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Okay! Here are the cosplay winners!
User Image

1ST-User Image
Bowser

CAPTAIN (4.5/5)

Badges of Honor: The layering on this is marvelous! I don't think I have ever seen a Bowser this well done to date!
Redeeming Missions:my only gripe is the eyes-he doesn't look nearly angry enough...I don't know if a masquerade mascara could have helped this or not, but it might be interesting to see what it does nonetheless.
Dishonorable Discharge:

2ND- User Image
Barad-dûr And Eye of Sauron

SECOND LIEUTENANT (3.5/5)

Badges of Honor: I'll give you props for creating something rare in the cosplay arena. The background is pretty good and the choice for the eye is brilliant. At first glance it sends one off into fits of LotR fanisms...
Redeeming Missions:The mountain is still recognizable as a person...I would play around with other items and see if it is possible to better hide your avatar.
Dishonorable Discharge:

3RD- User Image
FMA: Beautiful Mother~ (Classic)

2ND LIEUTENANT (3.5/5)

Badges of Honor: I always like to see a revamp of overdone characters. This one is no exception...accuracy is still my number 1 judging tool.And the background is pretty as well as an interesting choice.
Redeeming Missions: While accuracy is appreciated, I would have liked to see a little more originality beyond the scene.
Acts of Disgrace:

4TH-User Image
Velma Dinkley

1ST LIEUTENANT (4/5)
Badges of Honor: Nice choices on hair and facial expression! Decent layering of the top!
Redeeming Missions: It's a nice look for Velma but for some reason her skin looks a bit messed up on the one cheek. I like what you did for the hair but it just seems a tad long. Wish Gaia would come out with more bob haircuts!
Dishonorable Discharge:

5TH-User Image
Bunny Raven

2ND LIEUTENANT (3.5/5)
Badges of Honor: Very original and adorable! Accurate for the most part.
Redeeming Missions: The cape is just a bit much even though the attempt to recreate Raven's look is hard to do considering Gaia's limited options.
Dishonorable Discharge:

6TH-User Image
Nier Replicant

CAPTAIN (4.5/5)
Badges of Honor: Bravo! This is a fine cosplay of this character! The armor layering is pretty impressive.
Redeeming Missions: The arms bother me just a bit. I understand the difficulties of trying to make things match section per section however, its hard to do when gaia won't layer gloves over sleeves!
Dishonorable Discharge:

7TH-User Image
Gurren Lagann: Yoko Littner

2ND LIEUTENANT (3.5/5)
Badges of Honor: It's accurate to say the least...
Redeeming Missions: Sadly it isn't a wowing cosplay. Accuracy is nice but a background of sorts would have gone a long way in sprucing this cosplay up. Her expression is slightly bothersome with that blush...I would have left the blush off quite frankly.
Dishonorable Discharge:

8TH-User Image
Nazz: Ed Edd n Eddy

WARRANT OFFICER (3/5)
Badges of Honor: Not too shabby...accurate enough in my book!
Redeeming Missions: Those eyes really bother me. Nazz seems to have narrower eyes. The vest is a tad much but if a tank doesn't layer over the t-shirt I understand completely.
Dishonorable Discharge:

9TH-User Image

Ni no Kuni: WotWW ~ Oliver

MAJOR (5/5)
Badges of Honor:Wonderful background! Perfect layering!
Redeeming Missions:
Dishonorable Discharge:

10TH-User Image
Bartz (Dissidia Final Fantasy)

MAJOR (5/5)
Badges of Honor: Wonderful layering and you never cease to amaze!
Redeeming Missions:
Dishonorable Discharge:

User Image

Dangerous Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Don't think I will be doing the originals anymore. I just don't have the stamina to be an overachieving Second Lieutenant right now xp
User Image

i have to interrupt.

You can't have names of users in a faves list. It's an act of solicitation (asking for votes), even if you don't intend to.
Felix Virgo
You can't have names of users in a faves list. It's an act of solicitation (asking for votes), even if you don't intend to.
I have to agree with Felix.

Also, it opens up those users for down-voting, flames and harassment. Please remove their names from your third posts.

Dangerous Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
okay...cosplay is up and i'm going to be working on original tomorrow...don't have time today since i only get limited computer usage now... crying

O.G. Bunny

14,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
ninja Sailor Cosmos was Sailor ChibiChibi, not Sailor Moon. ninja

Dangerous Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sukuya
ninja Sailor Cosmos was Sailor ChibiChibi, not Sailor Moon. ninja

i could have sworn otherwise...Sailor Cosmos was supposed to be the ultimate form of Sailor Moon at least according to the manga...in book 3 it says that.

Interesting Citizen

5,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Look at Ifrit compared to the Final Fantasy series and you'll find that to be an awesome cosplay (I did anyway)

either last week or the week before there were a BUNCH of moogle entries and I have to say some were better, though I was happy to see this one place

I like your thread so far so good luck with it, although I do not agree with all of your rates it is good to see other opinions and rates each week so I'll look forward to more!
Isn't Sailor Cosmos ChibiChibi's future?

Then again, wasn't it also stated that Sailor Moon was truly Sailor Cosmos? :S

In a relationship with Matt

Feral Cat

37,575 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Magical Gems 500
Aha, I love your comment on my avi arena entry. x3 And I'm a bit disappointed in myself for not finding a better reference picture. I'll keep it in mind that the next time I do a cosplay, I'll look much much harder for a good reference picture. <3

Dangerous Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
in answer to the sailor cosmos question i'm going to post 2 pics that i hope will clear it up wink
sorry these are so big! i found a scanlation site of it since no one has these as pics, copied to my photobucket, and put them in.

User Image

User Image

Dangerous Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Teh Mog
Look at Ifrit compared to the Final Fantasy series and you'll find that to be an awesome cosplay (I did anyway)

either last week or the week before there were a BUNCH of moogle entries and I have to say some were better, though I was happy to see this one place

I like your thread so far so good luck with it, although I do not agree with all of your rates it is good to see other opinions and rates each week so I'll look forward to more!

okay, well i'll check it out...

must have been the week before because i haven't seen many of the moogles

and thanks for being nice about my thread smile i know everyone may not like what i rate but hey, everyone is entitled to their own idea of what something should be rated, this is just my viewpoint on these entries...lol. And I will try my best to keep this thread up to people's expectations!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff