Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thread's back, so what are you going to do?

Deal with it. 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 6 ]
Deal with it. 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 3 ]
Deal with it. 0.13888888888889 13.9% [ 5 ]
Be an adult... and deal with it. 0.61111111111111 61.1% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 36 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 >

Lavish Elder

This week's first place winner makes my skin crawl.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Rennie, it turned out 2nd practically stole his avatar and made a more horrible version of a tektek he bought and never credited.

He's also an account jumper.

IRL Fatcat

10,550 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
The Dark Gentleman
This week's first place winner makes my skin crawl.

I'm with you there.

IRL Fatcat

10,550 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Wolfram Asher Davidson
Rennie, it turned out 2nd practically stole his avatar and made a more horrible version of a tektek he bought and never credited.

He's also an account jumper.

How wonderful, what honorable entrants we have here. -___-
Has anyone brought this to light for the public?

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
the shop owner PM'd me and was PISSED about it. He pretty much gave a proper thrash on the jackass before the entrant had commenting blocked.

i felt bad for the shop owner, but i suggested he say this (and he did - last comment i saw since last night)

"The next time you pay for me to make your avatars FOR you, you don't enter them without crediting me. And if it was as bad and lazy a design as this, I'd prefer you not have entered this at all."

IRL Fatcat

10,550 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Wolfram Asher Davidson
the shop owner PM'd me and was PISSED about it. He pretty much gave a proper thrash on the jackass before the entrant had commenting blocked.

i felt bad for the shop owner, but i suggested he say this (and he did - last comment i saw since last night)

"The next time you pay for me to make your avatars FOR you, you don't enter them without crediting me. And if it was as bad and lazy a design as this, I'd prefer you not have entered this at all."

I did indeed see that last night and I was glad he took a stand.
Gah, I can't stand it when people take credit for other people's work.
In my tektek shop, I have made it a point to state that if anyone enters my tekteked avatars into the arena, I will hunt them down and pleasant things will not happen.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
i'm actually prepared to put this in place of my critiques tomorrow.

i tried to go through the arena listings. i couldn't. i just couldn't. The entries were, 99.999% of the time, substandard and worth nothing more than a 2/5. When people consider this their best, i fear how they treat school work. The entries i saw were absolutely pathetic and disappointing, and, as a 7 year veteran of Gaia, i feel disgusted with the attitudes coming from people who think that
wearing a large majority of a set is, in fact, original. Because of this, i cannot rate your entries. This will explain why there's such a large number of Trap Bait this week. You lot, and your supporters who 5'd you, make me feel depressed.

Depressed for my possibly teaching you or your children at the high school and college levels. Depressed for the hopes of creative actions actually happening in a world full of cookie-cutter mommy-says-i'm-special "talent" being actively crushed.

It's as is he or she who has the means WILL get their way, and will get pissy with those who refuse to see them for anything other than what they are. It's as if one has no right to play the jester and point out the errors and flaws of the king.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
My god.

4 of those winners just should NOT have placed.

Lavish Elder

I can't believe it...I was beat out by a cosplay and a joke avatar....amongst other really horrible things...I....I don't even know what to say. I just...ORIGINAL ARENA WHY? WHY ARE YOU SO CRAPPY?

IRL Fatcat

10,550 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
The Dark Gentleman
I can't believe it...I was beat out by a cosplay and a joke avatar....amongst other really horrible things...I....I don't even know what to say. I just...ORIGINAL ARENA WHY? WHY ARE YOU SO CRAPPY?

Well, now that I know you didn't place I'm about ready to say "******** it" and run, because yours was my absolute favorite this week.

Lavish Elder

Rennie Bee
The Dark Gentleman

Well, now that I know you didn't place I'm about ready to say "******** it" and run, because yours was my absolute favorite this week.

I honestly think I'm crying a little at the sheer injustice. I'm not saying I deserved first, not at all, but...but...AMEN, AMEN I SAY TO YOU, THE ORIGINAL ARENA IS A JOKE! I am no longer going to waste my time entering.

IRL Fatcat

10,550 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
The Dark Gentleman

I honestly think I'm crying a little at the sheer injustice. I'm not saying I deserved first, not at all, but...but...AMEN, AMEN I SAY TO YOU, THE ORIGINAL ARENA IS A JOKE! I am no longer going to waste my time entering.

Please don't give up, the new arenas are around the corner! gonk I'm waiting to enter mine when the new one is released so I know it will be a fair system.

I'm going to critique them tonight, and although I'm not at all happy about the winners, the critiques are going to be far less blunt and much more detailed than last time. I have a feeling that whoever voted "no" on my "are you glad to see this thread back up" poll just didn't know who I was and didn't have a feel for how my style usually is. Back to nice Rennie. >w>

Lavish Elder

Rennie Bee
The Dark Gentleman

Please don't give up, the new arenas are around the corner! gonk I'm waiting to enter mine when the new one is released so I know it will be a fair system.

I'm going to critique them tonight, and although I'm not at all happy about the winners, the critiques are going to be far less blunt and much more detailed than last time. I have a feeling that whoever voted "no" on my "are you glad to see this thread back up" poll just didn't know who I was and didn't have a feel for how my style usually is. Back to nice Rennie. >w>

Depending on how well it goes, I might re-enter my Knight.

IRL Fatcat

10,550 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
The Dark Gentleman

Depending on how well it goes, I might re-enter my Knight.

Good, I'd like to see it win.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces