Welcome to Gaia! ::

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Naramaru
Pilotslover
I'm starting to feel like that feature should be turned off in the arenas (Either you have no comments or you allow them, none of this deleting the bad ones crap!).

I agree with this so much! The only people who should be able to delete comments are mods.

Bingo.

It seems really stupid to allow people to delete comments on arena entries when it's a situation you've voluntarily put yourself into ...

unicorn spider's Compadre

Fashionable Lunatic

Pilotslover
Naramaru
Pilotslover
I'm starting to feel like that feature should be turned off in the arenas (Either you have no comments or you allow them, none of this deleting the bad ones crap!).

I agree with this so much! The only people who should be able to delete comments are mods.

Bingo.

It seems really stupid to allow people to delete comments on arena entries when it's a situation you've voluntarily put yourself into ...

I think they made it an option because a lot of people advertise their entries and it sucks having to sort through to see the real feedback.
Maybe if gaia had a button like youtube? a "mark as spam" button? Just not delete. 3nodding

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Black Dawn Rose
Pilotslover
Naramaru
Pilotslover

Bingo.

I think they made it an option because a lot of people advertise their entries and it sucks having to sort through to see the real feedback.
Maybe if gaia had a button like youtube? a "mark as spam" button? Just not delete. 3nodding
As long as, like YouTube, people are able to see the comments that have been marked that way. Because if they just hide them and no one can see them at all, then in essence it's like deleting them.

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Black Dawn Rose

Nara's just covered my feelings on it, mark as spam, sure but make it so the rest of us can see it.

If it IS that someone is deleting comments because they're not mature enough to deal with negative feedback then people sort of deserve to see it.

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
I've always hated the delete comment button. Nara is right on only the mods being able to delete a comment. That way, we know the comment was extremely out of line. Sure someone may not want the "negative" comment on their entry, but they're just going to have to deal. There will always be someone who doesn't like your entry and they will voice that opinion no matter what.

Celebrating Pants

21,650 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Well regardless of what we do, there is nothing else in our power that we can do. If people are too sensitive to negative constructive feedback then that's their deal. I say if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the oven.

Troll comments are a little more understandable in my eyes, but I could do without those. If people feel like voicing their dislike of my avi without telling me how to improve then whatever, I let the results speak for themselves, just how "bad" my avi really is compared to their bad entries.

Friendly Lunatic

I told someone once on a cosplay that since there was no reference, I found it hard to vote. Person got so angry and posted on my profile on how I was "too ignorant to be allowed to vote on [their] piece" and that people who weren't familiar with whatever obscure anime it was should not be allowed to vote on the piece.

Another person who didn't post a reference spammed my profile page with huge, blown up images of the person cosplaying.

Honestly, I find going after your commenters to be just as bad as deleting comments that aren't "zomg! 5/5!!11!"

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Sei and Jeff
I told someone once on a cosplay that since there was no reference, I found it hard to vote. Person got so angry and posted on my profile on how I was "too ignorant to be allowed to vote on [their] piece" and that people who weren't familiar with whatever obscure anime it was should not be allowed to vote on the piece.

Another person who didn't post a reference spammed my profile page with huge, blown up images of the person cosplaying.

Honestly, I find going after your commenters to be just as bad as deleting comments that aren't "zomg! 5/5!!11!"

Undoubtedly so to the last bit.

I had a Zelda cosplayer once come after me once for saying there had been a lot of better Zelda's before and telling her what she could do to improve it.

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
lol right here biggrin

Many of you may see my username pop through the entries and forums, and I'm told I'm the nicest person to receive a comment from. Then there are those like the OP described: illiterate fools that think they are the best and no one can tell them otherwise. I have my PM's set to private as well as comments because I had too many of their butthurt PM's clogging my inbox rofl

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Sorakko
Most of the time they just delete my comments when all I do is point out a simple flaw such as eye color being wrong, or they should try not to use sets (in cosplay). >3> At least I'm not like some people and CAPS LOCK my displeasure and call them dip-shits.

If I see this one guy place this week I'm gonna rage though.
Same problem... and I know who you speak of.

Fashionable Elder

12,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
Black Dawn Rose
Cecilia Wolfram Davidson
happens almost every damn time i try to fairly criticize.

Amen.... I have gotten to the point that unless its painful to look at I leave it alone. Or if i know I can help.

I have the same problems. ._.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces