Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are my critiques too long?

No, I like reading the in-depth analysis. 0.73228346456693 73.2% [ 93 ]
Yes, make it short and sweet so I don't have to read so much! 0.11023622047244 11.0% [ 14 ]
I just look at the number rates, lol. 0.15748031496063 15.7% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 127 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 147 148 149 > >> >>> »|

Bilge rat

Kuyusi
Shestval
Oh wow, that's really cool! I didn't realize that the winners were still available. It's amazing the difference that just a year makes... the 2007 avatars are already a lot better than the 2006 ones. Awesome project, and I will definitely check back and look at it again as you add more!

My hypothesis is that you'll hit a point where they will stop improving noticeably. :3

Honestly, I feel like for some of the weeks it's just like, "which one sucks the LEAST". People complain about the arenas now, but MAN there was some really terrible stuff in there in years gone by.

I'm so far not seeing a particularly consistent improvement, however I am seeing an increasing volume of cosplays with each week. ;~; For week 51 of 2007, 7 out of the 10 winners are cosplays. crying

The creation of the cosplay arena was the best idea ever. rofl
I do think that there is a trend towards improvement, from the early entries to the later ones. If nothing else, the item quality people have to work with has been improving. XD

And yes, the cosplay arena is brilliant. It solves the problem of cosplays being the only winners while still allows people to have fun with them. :3 Because they ARE fun.

I wonder if kao entered her Hawkeye, it's a pretty awesome cosplay.

Witty Nymph

Shestval
Kuyusi
Shestval
How's this? I'm iffy on the eyes...

Looks basically the same as the last version, to be honest. rofl If you're going to incorporate the blue as well, the blue and red will have to make more of a presence than just minor accents. But that's kind of part of the charm of the whole thing, so it's a tough nut to crack.

I shall fiddle a bit and see if I can come up with any ideas. ninja
Fffff XD

I was also playing with using the Centre de la Terre like you are using, which gives an interesting warm glow over the whole thing.

Here's the tektek if you care. XD
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And I don't know if it helps, but I wrote up a drabble for him:

Quote:
Jake rounded the corner at a dead sprint, feet wet from the puddled asphalt. Adrenaline pounded in his veins but he couldn't keep a huge grin off his face. The cops fell for it; they ********' fell for it!

Jake slowed down to a jog, then a stroll, losing himself in the passerbys. He patted the lump in his bag, the diamonds wrapped in butcher paper. Oh, the look on Terry's face when Jake showed up with these! The cops wouldn't give them no trouble; the cops couldn't find their own asses with both hands. All they had to worry about was the Boss.

Jake's grin faded. The Boss. Best if he and Terry packed up tonight. Rio sounded like a lovely city...

Might be too long, though.

This is complicated. XD

Oh man that's an awesome story! I believe the max character limit is 500 though. So if it is too long (which I think it is) the first bit would totally be enough. <3

I find making an entry for the arenas to be very thrilling. surprised And hey, if people hate it right away, you can just delete the entry. >.>

Bilge rat

Quote:
Jake rounded the corner in a dead sprint. Adrenaline pounded in his veins but he couldn't keep the grin off his face. The cops ********' fell for it!

He slowed down to a jog then a stroll, losing himself in the passerbys. He patted the lump of diamonds in his bag. Oh, the look on Terry's face when Jake showed up with these! The cops wouldn't give them no trouble; all they had to worry about was the Boss.

Jake's grin faded. The Boss. Best if he and Terry packed up tonight. Rio sounded lovely...

Story within 500 characters. :3

That's the easy part for me. XD

THE AVATAR IS THE HARD PART rofl

Witty Nymph

Shestval
I do think that there is a trend towards improvement, from the early entries to the later ones. If nothing else, the item quality people have to work with has been improving. XD

And yes, the cosplay arena is brilliant. It solves the problem of cosplays being the only winners while still allows people to have fun with them. :3 Because they ARE fun.

I wonder if kao entered her Hawkeye, it's a pretty awesome cosplay.

Yeah, I feel like 2007 - 2008 there were a few weeks where it was pretty much picking s**t out of slightly worse s**t, but for the most part there is a trend towards improvement, especially in creativity. :3

I have a love/hate relationship with the cosplay arenas, because when I look in there, most of it is just kind of boring, but the stuff that's good is REALLY good, and so much fun. ^-^ There are a few entries I've seen this week that look so awesome, I hope they win. ;~;

I could never begin to rate the cosplay arenas though, because something can be accurate but boring...but still if it's accurate, what do you rate it? It's so difficult when I've been sort of trained to judge original avatars on certain criteria, but cosplay is totally different, and basically just a novelty. rofl

Witty Nymph

Shestval
Quote:
Jake rounded the corner in a dead sprint. Adrenaline pounded in his veins but he couldn't keep the grin off his face. The cops ********' fell for it!

He slowed down to a jog then a stroll, losing himself in the passerbys. He patted the lump of diamonds in his bag. Oh, the look on Terry's face when Jake showed up with these! The cops wouldn't give them no trouble; all they had to worry about was the Boss.

Jake's grin faded. The Boss. Best if he and Terry packed up tonight. Rio sounded lovely...

Story within 500 characters. :3

That's the easy part for me. XD

THE AVATAR IS THE HARD PART rofl

One thing you should buy RIGHT NOW: Deus Persona.

It is the perfect addition to this avatar. Because my thought is that you should make it so that regardless of which light color is showing, there's an even distribution of red/blue so it works either way.

One red eye, one blue eye...delicious.

Bilge rat

Kuyusi

It is the perfect addition to this avatar. Because my thought is that you should make it so that regardless of which light color is showing, there's an even distribution of red/blue so it works either way.

Ur, heterochromia? It's so overdone... and so rarely looks good...

I wish I could find a bluer belt that isn't too bulky. I think i went through every blue belt on Gaia. rofl

Witty Nymph

Shestval
Kuyusi

Ur, heterochromia? It's so overdone... and so rarely looks good...

I wish I could find a bluer belt that isn't too bulky. I think i went through every blue belt on Gaia. rofl

:c

But you'd be like a police light! ;~;

Okay so, I've done some thinking, and I have reached a conclusion.

IMO you can go one of two ways. You can go for character, and ignore matching, just make him HIM.

OR you could go for character + color matching, which would involve the red/blue distribution. This is a more accepted type of avatar in the arenas, but might be stifling for you. :c

Bilge rat

I'm willing to make concessions, you just hit on one that is kinda a pet peeve. rofl I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP A LOT, REALLY!

the problem with the bulkier, bluer belts out there is that they clip through the jacket. :I

Witty Nymph

Shestval
I'm willing to make concessions, you just hit on one that is kinda a pet peeve. rofl I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP A LOT, REALLY!

the problem with the bulkier, bluer belts out there is that they clip through the jacket. :I

OMG THE MOD MAKEUP LOL

No, no, I don't want you to make concessions, it's your avatar and honestly I'm just offering another perspective. wink I'm still tinkering with a tektek btw. ninja

But what do you have against differently colored eyes? They're so cool! :B

Bilge rat

Kuyusi
OMG THE MOD MAKEUP LOL

No, no, I don't want you to make concessions, it's your avatar and honestly I'm just offering another perspective. wink I'm still tinkering with a tektek btw. ninja

But what do you have against differently colored eyes? They're so cool! :B
I kinda like the mod makeup, even though that very much is a Gaia avatar thing to do. XD It definitely brings out both the red and the blue...

One of the problems I'm running into is that there is very little I can do with the bottom half of the avatar because of the damn Force A Nature. Which I NEED, it's kinda the whole point of the avatar (and it's a damn fantastic item) but it makes leg and feet items impossible, and a lot of belt items lie funny.

Basically I can't change the Force A Nature, the Ace jacket, or the Gravedigger hat without losing the whole feel of the avatar. The arm pose is also essential. I don't think the gun can be changed either.

So I've got the face, bag, belt, shirt, scarf, background. If I could find a blue (or red, I suppose) bag that wasn't busy/ugly as hell, that might work. :B But it also has to fall in the right way so that the avie looks like he's holding it.

Witty Nymph

Shestval

IDK what to do...it's such a shame that the background is blue when turned the other way. rofl

Bilge rat

I know!

Thanks for your help! I don't think I'm ever going to make this quite right but I think I can get close. XD

Witty Nymph

Shestval
I know!

Thanks for your help! I don't think I'm ever going to make this quite right but I think I can get close. XD

Kekekeke, it's rough, but I hope you end up with something you like. :3

Honestly, an avatar is never perfect. ;~;

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Kuyusi
Denham
Kuyusi
Denham

p.s., I love (but am disturbed by) your current. 4laugh
Yeah I almost didn't wear it cuz it looks so odd but I like it anyway haha.

Thanks for such an honest critique!

-snuggles-
Thank you for not hating it. ;~;
-snuggles some more-
Haha yeah I'm actually really grateful to get an honest and thorough critique!

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Also I love the History section. There were some amazing avatars, 2010 really blew me away haha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff