Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you pleased with my critiques/picks?

Yes (you critiqued me) 0.28 28.0% [ 7 ]
Yes (I was not critiqued, but I loved them) 0.32 32.0% [ 8 ]
No (you critiqued me) 0.04 4.0% [ 1 ]
No (I was not critiqued, and I did not like them) 0.08 8.0% [ 2 ]
Yes (you picked me) 0.08 8.0% [ 2 ]
No (you did pick me) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Yes (you did not pick me) 0.08 8.0% [ 2 ]
No (you did not pick me) 0.12 12.0% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 25 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Welcome~

I decided to make a new and improved critique thread in hopes I'll keep up to date with it. I focus on cosplay only because I prefer it and feel it's easier for me to vote on.

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
How I base my votes:

-Reference Image. If it doesn't have it, I generally don't know how to rate or how to tell a person how to improve. My question to you guys is does it matter if the avatar has to match the ref to a "T". i.e., if the avatar is kneeling/standing, background, day/night, props, etc. Colors vary depending on scenes (i.e. Jessica Rabbit's gloves are portrayed as both purple and blue, depending what picture you use). Usually, I have to go by the reference image because I am unfamiliar with a lot of characters. The reference is also helpful because I don't see the character on a day-to-day basis, and/or their outfits change. If you are cosplaying a character from a novel, don't write about the novel. Write about the character you are cosplaying. By that, I mean give us a physical description of the character so we can imagine what you were trying to portray. If you can, grab the novel and take the description from it and put it in your description.
-Gender. Whereas in the real world, you cannot change your gender for a cosplay, in a virtual world, you should. Certain exceptions for this I think are if the male character is lanky or the female character is muscled/bulky.
-Eye color. Again, like the gender. Yes, real world, you can buy contacts, but certain people (like myself) can't stand them. So yes, eye color is important on a virtual cosplay.
-Skin color. Once again, like the gender, in the real world, you cannot change your skin color for a cosplay, in a virtual world, you should.
-Description. Write us something so we know about the character or the items that you used so there's no questioning in the comments. I won't bother to read a description if it is written in all caps. It's very unappealing and makes it difficult to read. Also, if you don't use correct grammar or spelling, I'll question it because, more than likely, I don't know what you're trying to say.

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Week 16 Winners (April 16th - April 22nd)

Haruhi's Pick
User Image
1st Place - Arthur
My Vote: 5/5
Ah memories! As a child, I never understood why he looked so different in the books and the show. This is very well made~ Congrats.

Haruhi's Pick
User Image
2nd Place - The Legend of Korra
Finally! A correct and accurate Korra! I can't wait to watch the show >w< (has no cable). Congrats!

User Image
3rd Place - AtLA - Prince Zuko
My Vote: 4/5
I'm sad to say that something felt off about this, which is why I gave it a 4. I can't put my finger on it, but something seems off. Congrats anyways ^^

User Image
4th Place - FFVIII: I'll be Waiting...
This was very well made C: Congrats

User Image
5th Place - Genetic Experiment - Mewtwo
It matches, but after seeing a handful of these, I'm not sure what separated this one from all the others that made it win :/ Congrats nonetheless.

Haruhi's Pick
User Image
6th Place - ATLA: Aang The Last Airbender
Very nice~

User Image
7th Place - THREW IT ON THE GROUND!!!
My Vote: 3/5
I really did not understand this one... Is it an inside joke or something on the internet? Sorry, but not worthy of the top 10 in my eyes.

Haruhi's Pick
User Image
8th Place - Barbariccia
I love the use of the hair! Congrats!

Haruhi's Pick
User Image
9th Place - Lillymon
This was very well made~ Congrats.

Haruhi's Pick
User Image
10th Place - #392: Infernape
I've never seen this Pokemon in the arenas before ^^ This is awesome! Congrats~

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
My Picks (Week 17)

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Black List
(Anyone can get added to this list from either the arenas itself or this forum)

Kawaii Tsukino - not being able to take criticism in the arenas and for overreacting when I made a suggestion.
Kawaii-Airu - not being able to take criticism on her entry when I made two obviously needed suggestions and deleted my comments without a second thought or opinion. Sorry, but the arenas are not for you.
Lacus-Haro-chan - for sending a Private Message calling me out for a "rude" comment I left on her entry. She called it rude just because I didn't sugarcoat any of the positive things in her entry, then she ignored me lol. Again, someone can't take criticism.
Narcissistically Sexy - lol I should really put you under a special feature one since I was so unique enough to be featured in your "About Me", but you are here because you are always rude to everyone who points out a flaw in your entries, then you get butthurt because you don't win. And yeah, I have PM's set to private because too many of you butthurt contestants PM me with your butthurt feelings 'cause I don't sugarcoat things.

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Supportive Member

14,700 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Nice critiques~

Witty Nerd

9,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Mark Twain 100
2 people picked me!!! C8

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Enchanted CastIe
2 people picked me!!! C8
Well you deserve it!

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Thank you for the critique and the pick ^.^

Dangerous Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Glad to see you back up and running! Cosplays need more critics!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff