Welcome to Gaia! ::

People, notice how it cost 1K to enter and only has a 50K payout despite the fact half of Gaia will enter? It is a gold sink, just like Gambino thing where you had to donate to Gambino for no reason. It is to reduce the amount of gold in the economy.
Black Absinthe
People, notice how it cost 1K to enter and only has a 50K payout despite the fact half of Gaia will enter? It is a gold sink, just like Gambino thing where you had to donate to Gambino for no reason. It is to reduce the amount of gold in the economy.

it doesnt has a 50k payout, thats just for the firts place

second place gets 30k (i guess)

third 20k (i guess it too, i cant remember)

4th to 10th gets 10k each

total=160k (or something like that)

and its just 1k for god's sake, thats almost nothing confused
Amok Reaper
Black Absinthe

Do you assume less then 160 people will enter? lol
And of course it is just 1K, that is how these things work. Over 20,000 people will enter weekly. That is 20 million gold, and they do them weekly so in just one year over 1 billion gold is out of the economy.
well, since you get that gold out of nowhere(posting and pollwhoring) seems fair... and as far as i know there aren't even 1k of people there yet... anyway, it's a miserable 1k, you can get that by pollwhoring for a couple of hours
Black Absinthe
Amok Reaper
Black Absinthe

And of course it is just 1K, that is how these things work. Over 20,000 people will enter weekly. That is 20 million gold, and they do them weekly so in just one year over 1 billion gold is out of the economy.

dont assume for me, I didnt say anything about less than 160 people on the arena. I was just correcting the amount of gold for the prizes

lol lol lol lol lol lol
Well, I think its a cool idea. 3nodding

And really, wouldn't that help the inflation or what not that's going on?

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Me: So what if it's a gold sink.

Tome: Will only help the economy. Stop making a fuss.
Good idea. I knew that the extra gold would simply go *poof*, but I didn't realize it could help the economy much more.!

Genial! mrgreen
If the prizes were proportional to the amount of users who enter, you'd have thousands more gaians complaining that 'this is just a plot to make the rich gaians richer.'
Yep, you're right. It's a goldsink. so what?
I'd find it even more interesting to know how much gold users on Gaia generate out of posting, voting and surfing.

Greedy Receiver

I actually side with admin on this. Maybe charging an amount will actually detur people from entering substandard avs just for the hell of it.

Aged Gaian

You're right... now what's your point?
Well it says up to 50,000 so it could be any number above 50K.

Cute's Compadre

Philanthropic Tycoon

It's for fun. Not everyone expects to win. I just want to show off my panda avi.
Black Absinthe
Amok Reaper
Black Absinthe

I'm thinking theres way more than 20,000 people entering.. more like 200,000!

I think i have to agree with Black Absinthe and say it's a gold shorter.

50,000 x 1000 = 5,000,000,0 ( Wake up people )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff