Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200

Henshin!! Cosplay Critiques & Reviews Week 19!
User Image

About

User Image
Henshin (lit translation; Transform) - The commonly said transformation phrase used in the popular sci-fi live action Japanese Tokusatsu series Kamen Rider. The Henshin critique thread is a Kamen Rider/ Toku themed thread dedicated to reviewing winning cosplay arena entries, with justice, hard boiled style, and extreme prejudice in a form of a RIDER KICK!!

Rules & Conditions
User Image
* Please obey the Gaia ToS, the rules & guidelines of this forum; which heavily forbids the use of spamming, please.

* Please be courteous and respectful of your fellow artists work. Though while not everybody can take criticism, not many people can give it either. Neither inappropriate or offensive content will be tolerated.

* Please no reposting this or the following 3 pages.

* Please keep the bawling of the winner's circle to a medium, it's understandable if you believe if less than honorable methods may have taken place and robbed many deserving titles out of their entries but obsessively whining about the winning entries unfortunately does not solve the downvoting crisis. If you have a problem with a entry, give more concrete reasons to match its dislike.

* Continuous violators of the first three rules will be sentence to my Black list, see it seems more threatening with the added text size.

* Take it easy! These reviews are made in light hearted fun, and should not be taken close to heart. After all I want to encourage improvement, not harassment.

Rating System
User Image
Here's a review of the rating system I'll be going by; expect a lot of rather cool yet obscure references.

LEGENDARY! 5/5 + Fave - "Walking the Path of Heaven, you shall rule over all"
- Highly exceptional work that far exceeded all my expectations, which is worthy of taking the prestigious spot in Decades Ride Booker Faves.

Spectacular! 5/5 - "You are the child of the sun!"
- Could say the pinnacle of perfection, or least by gaian standards and is well deserving of it's recognition.

Amazing! 4/5 - "I'll say this to start, you are fairly strong!"
- Usually minor and often superficial things that often prevent the entry from receiving it's full score, don't fret secondary riders are still very cool.

Not Bad... 3/5 - "I'll be the one who will decide your fate."
- Not bad for a rough draft, but there is definitely plenty of room for improvement. Not everything can be done on a budget.

Needs work. 2/5 - "Despair is your goal..."
- While it's visible that you clearly made a attempt at said character, little to no effort was made to the completion of said entry. (i.e newbie level entry/ set abuse).

Unfortunate 1/5 - "Please return that life to god."
- May Tendou Souji have mercy on your soul.

W's Notes
User Image
Pretty much any additional commentary made for the winning entries.
"Do you have the courage to ride with the Devil?" - My initial thoughts and impressions with the winning entry.

"Hard-Boiled." - The entry's major strengths.

"Now it's time to count your sins..." - Faults I find with the entry.

"Nobody's Perfect.." - Improvements I think that can be made with the overall entry.

"Time for Memory Break." - Final impressions of the the cosplay's overall execution and finishing touches.

Tokusatsu Video Of The Week
Pirate Shook - Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger MV.

Black List
None as of yet.

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
DiEnd's Weekly Treasure Sniping
User Image

Let's see what our multi dimensional traveling thief sniping this week?

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
Decade's Ride Booker Faves.
User Image

A prestigious collection belonging to the destroyer of worlds himself. Let's see his personal collection of cosplays he'll tend to even mimic himself one day.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
This Weeks Winner Circle!
User Image

User Image

"Do you have the courage to ride with the Devil?" - I'm going to place my childhood crush aside and say how impressed I' am with this cosplay. Despite it's simplicity and very fair budgeting the cosplay didn't skip a tune.

"Hard-Boiled." - From nearly head to toe you've captured Poppins with aplomb.

"Now it's time to count your sins..." - I personally want to play with some of the facial tinkering, but it's great for what it is. .

"Nobody's Perfect.." - Knowing weakness can indeed make you stronger, but what do we have to help improve this entry any further.

"Time for Memory Break." - This winner right here has set an exemplary standard for what newcomers to the arena should have in mind when entering. With the proper items and right budgeting in mind the cosplay can achieve perfection without the most unnecessary of expensive sets. Please take this win with pride.

User Image
Spectacular 5/5 - "You are the child of the sun!."

"Do you have the courage to ride with the Devil?" - Very sultry and seductive, which I find quite a rare quality that can properly played so well by many actual succubus entries.

"Hard-Boiled." - The layering including the background practically have me in slight shock and awe. Considering the stripped layering has indeed leave quite the fabulous impression.

"Now it's time to count your sins..." - Nothing serious to mention, it seems pretty clear to me, though I wish I could see a clear reference picture of this form in full.

"Nobody's Perfect.." - It cleans up pretty nicely, nothing beneficial to mention here.

"Time for Memory Break." - This cosplay is accurate to a T plain and simple and though despite my varied disdain and frustration with the actual game mechanics, I do like the story and this cosplay is an excellent rendition of that near hellish experience.

User Image
Not Bad... 3/5- "I'll be the one to decide your fate."

"Do you have the courage to ride with the Devil?" - Do the entry was fairly well completed, I think a little genderbending with an actual male body would do the cosplay some beneficial crossdressing justice.

"Hard-Boiled." - The clothing is accurate at least.

"Now it's time to count your sins..." - Though the clothing is accurate, I feel as if you've personally deprived the edge that should've given this cosplay it's notoriety.

"Nobody's Perfect.." - Changing genders, it means the entry a world of difference.

"Time for Memory Break." - By cutting that corner with the changing your gender for an actual crossdressing cosplay, the viewer themselves could hardly tell if the entry is Genie at first glance. That poor initial representation coupled with the high nostalgia factor that disney cosplays in general tend to have gave the entry far more credit than it's actual worth.

User Image

"Do you have the courage to ride with the Devil?" - My new favorite old man, though I could say this entry in general is a nice touch up from Arvron's previous Master Xehanort entry, the personal changes you've made to it definitely improved it's base and made the entry your own.

"Hard-Boiled." - Aside from the rather appropriate scenery, the layering is very subtle and fits the overall character moderately well, I like the personal layering over the Tsunami KO boots and personally want to learn that layering technique for myself. ninja

"Now it's time to count your sins..." - The only one I could count is your choice in optics, though in my personal experience I think SDPlus O'l Nick or Kuro's induction make far more menacing Xehanort eyes.

"Nobody's Perfect.." - You can probably take my earlier consideration regarding the eyes, but it's minor matter of optical opinion and a lot of artists have varied opinions on what suits certain characters best.

"Time for Memory Break." - In the end I have to say I'm relatively satisfied with this entry placing. It's quite captivating n regards to it's loyalty in emulating this character. Despite what said earlier about your similarities to Arvron's previous entry, this entry has improved well on a already well designed base so why drastically change something that's not broken?

User Image
Amazing 4/5 - "I'll say this to start, you are fairly strong!"

"Do you have the courage to ride with the Devil?" - This cosplay nicely cleans up well.

"Hard-Boiled." - I'm not really a fan of LoZ (and probably never will be), this entry nicely balances out it's variant shades of blue in a very glossy and sparkly manner.

"Now it's time to count your sins..." - The chestpiece for the Martial Pendant where clearly the chest piece is a more blue oriented gem.

"Nobody's Perfect.." - I would teeter around with either Anima or few of the gems from the Jewelers shop.

"Time for Memory Break." - The entry is accurate for what it is. The minor mistake however I can't tell if it's a rookie mistake or intentional infraction; either way without a proper ref to explain said pendant this entry is left with a unexplained reduction.

User Image
Spectacular! 5/5 - " You are the child of the sun!"

"Do you have the courage to ride with the Devil?" - From personal experience I can tell how tedious and daunting an Auron cosplay is and I have to say I'm quite pleased with the layering on this one.

"Hard-Boiled." - The decision in having the cosplay in a reversed fashion was good judgement and definitely saved you a fortune on that princess manner. Compared to previous Auron entries this feels a little more complete.

"Now it's time to count your sins..." - I could go on and on about possible layering alternates, but damn the layering...

"Nobody's Perfect.." - As for suggestions, nothing I add can really take this entry a rank further up so congrats on the win.

"Time for Memory Break." - Having personal experiences with this entry particularly brings up some stress induced headaches and in all honesty this Auron cleans up a bit nicely compared to previous entries so umm.... ******** it stare

User Image

"Do you have the courage to ride with the Devil?" - I'm used to seeing this poor sucker on the opposite end of my Scizzor's (Nicknamed him Cross BTW) X-Scissor for days, but this cosplay rekindles some of the old horror element some pokemon in the series tend to have.

"Hard-Boiled." - The overall approach to the cosplay; though I find hypno to be one of the more successful pokemon entries in the cosplay arenas the artist did fairly well to depict the fairly dark aspect of this pokemon.

"Now it's time to count your sins..." - The only minor flaw would be BG, I know it's supposed add on to the theme but this entry is teetering on the edge to an original iteration.

"Nobody's Perfect.." - Most likely reconsider the BG but the children work well.

"Time for Memory Break." - As stated before overall I enjoyed this entry and all the horror it adds on to certain pokemon (expecting a shedninja later). Though I personally find the entry teetering itself into originals territory it works for what it's worth kudos.

User Image
Amazing! 4/5 - " I'll say this to start, you are fairly strong!"

"Do you have the courage to ride with the Devil?" - Though honestly I swear I see this entry in all tab nearly every other week, it's at least accurate for what it is.

"Hard-Boiled." - The dress is beautifully laced well together with the layering for several of the armor components, though sadly I can't make a decent comparison regarding all the friggin Links in-between the cosplays and such.

"Now it's time to count your sins..." - The chest is moderately bare and missing some jewelry to finish the cosplay.

"Nobody's Perfect.." - Though adding jewelry over the bustier may improve the cosplay slightly the entry does little to stand out compare to alot of it's predecessors.

"Time for Memory Break." - Coming from a Narutard/Naruto cosplayer I can understand the demand necessary for entering a "overdone" entry and the methods necessary of distancing one's entry from many of past failures Gaia had to offer. The entry is moderately well done but I think a proper scene rendition might add further distance to your predecessors.

User Image
Needs Work 2/5 - "Despair is your goal..."

"Do you have the courage to ride with the Devil?" - I'm very unimpressed with the simplicity this cosplay has to offer.

"Hard-Boiled." - It's in the right direction at least.

"Now it's time to count your sins..." -
As stated before this cosplay is so simplistic it's easily under a 70-100K budget at best, and honestly a lot more could be done to improve this entry.

"Nobody's Perfect.." - User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It's fairly expensive but it's a moderate idea of what you should aim for in the future.

"Time for Memory Break." - I'm practically appalled to the point of disgust with the people who voted this entry into 9th place, and in all honesty Tim Burton could suck a railroad spike for allowing this entry to steal the spotlight from so many well deserving contenders. stare

User Image

"Do you have the courage to ride with the Devil?" - I can't say I'm a Vocaloid fan but the layering has me intrigued.

"Hard-Boiled." - The torso layering is fairly impressive .

"Now it's time to count your sins..." - My only concern is most likely the belt and eye color since it's more of a teal finish.

"Nobody's Perfect.." - Mostly I advise the eye color change to teal.

"Time for Memory Break." - The entry seems pleasant with varied limitations but it puts itself together fairly nicely and is deserving of it's place congrats.

Prophet

Looking forward on seeing it smile

Lavish Elder

Could always use more reviewers. Looking forward to your input.

Dangerous Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Glad you are doing this!
Hoping to see some nice, good, witty reviews from ya, Galavant.

You were always one of my cosplaying idols~

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
yay! -subscribes-

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
Wow, so nervous. Well I really aim to please. biggrin

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Yay, another critique thread, can't wait to read the rates!

Fashionable Vampire

New critique thread.
YES.
xd

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
Sifen Yamishi
New critique thread.
YES.
xd

Knew you would approve. emotion_dowant

Fashionable Vampire

GalavantMan

It works cause Cecilia and I are going through a lot right now.

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
Sifen Yamishi
GalavantMan

It works cause Cecilia and I are going through a lot right now.

Yeah I figured everyone's busy so no better time to start my thread now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff