12,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
TerraLunaa
Infinite_Randomness
TerraLunaa
AikoMiyoko
Do you dress to look expensive? Or do you dress to portray the character you are building on Gaia, be it yourself or cosplay?
I see a ton of avatars that look so cluttered with expensive stuff for 'status', but does it really matter?

Thoughts? biggrin
heart heart
ugh my boyfriends avi is so cluttered and expensive, it's annoying. He's so obsessed with the most expensive items.

I love your avatar- it's very classy. smile
aww thanks doll heart

You're welcome. gaia_diamond

Hungry Cub

i have to agree with you.. ^^
does my pendant look pretty on me it was 66,000 gold i lyke expensivve things whats wrong with it

Handsome Exhibitionist

16,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Champion 300
  • 50 Wins 150
I dress for RP character
I always had Kottan and Cecil by my side since 2009 mrgreen

BubbleEnvy's Princess

Tenacious Strawberry

I don't have the patience to save up for an expensive avatar. If it wasn't for the Marketplace, I wouldn't even have the stuff I have now. But I'm happy with this. 3nodding

Blessed Lunatic

In the wayback time, I was in an avatar-centric guild where I would run contests. My favorite one was the one where I placed a price cap. At the time of entry you had to submit a tally of full store price or average market value. I don't remember id the cap was 1000 or 10000, but the entries were astounding.

Thieving Carnivore

24,265 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Not a must. I think an avi can look great with cheap items if they are done right. I always like to see something different or new when it comes to the items that people combine. A great artist is still great whether they paint with cheap or expensive paint. 3nodding

Daring Lunatic

Its not necesary at all to have avatar that costs millions. Heh, first submission I ever made is realatively cheap to make, and so far people have seemed to like it.

Hilarious Gekko

15,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Imaginary_Catalyst
I don't have the patience to save up for an expensive avatar. If it wasn't for the Marketplace, I wouldn't even have the stuff I have now. But I'm happy with this. 3nodding

same here

Friendly Fatcat

i mean, i like to match expensive stuff together just because everything i always seem to fall in love with is expensive D: but i don't dress for 'status' i think the people who do are attention whores with low self esteem. lol i think people should just have fun! cosplay, make cute adorable outfits, or theme's. i have a couple for holiday themes and such cause it's fun! but it's a waste to dress to impress unless it's for a contest maybe?

Kawaii Nerd

I would not say that my avi is "expensive" so I can say that I don't dress for status. I buy items based on if I like it or not. there are alot of expensive stuff that I would not buy because I don't like them. and it doesn't matter which items you have.

Questionable Creature

I don't really "build a character" and I don't purposely look to put only expensive stuff on. I can't even afford most of the expensive stuff, especially now. I just make avi's I like that go together well. Usually using stuff I used in the past or like to use, but mixing with stuff I'd actually be able to get that I maybe don't have. There is no "oh lets make it a special character" or "oh lets use these types of items." for me. It's usually I just wanna use a certain item or color, and I put together what works. Just because someone dresses expensive doesn't automatically mean "oh yeah they're only dressing for status." At least in my opinion.

Intellectual Codger

For the *AvA* I believe that, these days, the kinds of avatars that I would personally consider worthy of winning are, inevitably, expensive (UNLESS it's a clever concept avatar).

But I do NOT equate "worthy of winning" with "nice" or "pretty" or whatnot. There are plenty of extremely easy-on-the-eyes avatars that are inexpensive but maybe not original or "creative" enough, imho, to deserve a spot in the winner's circle. Most of my "realistic" avatars, I would say, don't come close to being "worthy," even though I personally love them.

Lonely Friend

Absolutely! I used to be all black, but now I'm going through a white stage. C:
GodivaChocolate
-_PandoraArt_-
I dress to match, like someone else says it sometimes requires me to pay a little more for certain items but its because it works so well with the current avatar design I'm going for 3nodding

Same here~ I usually go thru colour moods, so I buy what matches with that colour :3
Time to time I've seen rich gains on avi with a bunch of random items on them

And lemme tell u something: in my opinion there avi has no kind of sense or style.

I mean come on. U have all those money at least try and make effort to make a GOOD avi. U know what I'm saying

My point is, money is not matter if u want a stylish or good-looking avi.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff