Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which arena do you spend most of you time voting in?

Original 0.46534653465347 46.5% [ 94 ]
Cosplay 0.31683168316832 31.7% [ 64 ]
Equal Time Spent in Both 0.21782178217822 21.8% [ 44 ]
Total Votes:[ 202 ]
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 >

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
No matter which arena you're looking through, cosplay or original, there are a few select items, no matter the avatar or character being cosplayed, that don't match the character/avatar at all, but are still being used.

Take for example the full body blush that looks like a severe case of rug burn. I see it on a lot of overly done cosplays in the cosplay arenas, and I will know the character, and I'm like "dafuq?"

Another example, from what I've heard, is in the original arenas, slippers & wings are a popular combo.

So tell me Gaians, which overused item do you hate to see when voting in the arenas?

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
Honestly, those Sundae Strawberry Lips...or whatever they're called. I'm so sick of seeing them. And when the new MCs come out every month, there's a flood of avatars using those. Not too long ago there was an entry in the original arena that used all of Juno's Lace. It's to the point that I want to hit my head on something.
I think it varies between the two arenas. In cosplay, mostly the characters are simple, and makeup/blush is the artist's way of "sprucing" up something simply done, whether it's accurate or not. The original arena,...well, the subpar avatars usually end up wearing items that are currently hip or easy to work with and easy to get a hold of. Kind of like how half the people in rally wear slippers and lusty scoundrel, or the CB people use the long drag and as many 03-04 donation items they can get their hands on.

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
xPocky Killerx
Honestly, those Sundae Strawberry Lips...or whatever they're called. I'm so sick of seeing them. And when the new MCs come out every month, there's a flood of avatars using those. Not too long ago there was an entry in the original arena that used all of Juno's Lace. It's to the point that I want to hit my head on something.

Oh yes XD I call them the whore/slut lips. It's like, you're waiting for a d*ck to enter your mouth...

x.x;;; oh no! xD; Don't hurt your noggin!

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
OHS-Fujioka_Haruhi-
xPocky Killerx

Oh yes XD I call them the whore/slut lips. It's like, you're waiting for a d*ck to enter your mouth...

lol I know right? They're the most horrible things ever. And that damn Lusty skin. I hate that thing with a passion! Bl

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
The Lurid Lady
I think it varies between the two arenas. In cosplay, mostly the characters are simple, and makeup/blush is the artist's way of "sprucing" up something simply done, whether it's accurate or not. The original arena,...well, the subpar avatars usually end up wearing items that are currently hip or easy to work with and easy to get a hold of. Kind of like how half the people in rally wear slippers and lusty scoundrel, or the CB people use the long drag and as many 03-04 donation items they can get their hands on.

Yes. Lusty scoundrel is used a lot in the cosplay arenas, along with blush x.x;;; It's like, I understand they blush, but Gaia now has levels of blush and you need to pick the right one to match your character...don't go of the fan stuff because they blush at the word banana (not really but you get the idea lol).

I see visors, nose rings, slippers, some sort of wing, and some sort of tobacco item being equipped a lot, arenas or not x.x I try to stay away from the original arenas because I usually don't understand what they were trying to do... and I don't know how to vote there. I feel cosplay is my best domain C:

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
xPocky Killerx
OHS-Fujioka_Haruhi-
xPocky Killerx

lol I know right? They're the most horrible things ever. And that damn Lusty skin. I hate that thing with a passion! Bl

OMG YES! It's like... your avatar is crying and it went all the way from head to foot?

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
OHS-Fujioka_Haruhi-

OMG YES! It's like... your avatar is crying and it went all the way from head to foot?

And they think it makes their avatar look sexy, and I'm like WTF? I don't even know how that item is worth over 500k. Seems like a waste of gold.

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
xPocky Killerx
And they think it makes their avatar look sexy, and I'm like WTF? I don't even know how that item is worth over 500k. Seems like a waste of gold.

Yeah I don't get it... rolleyes It's like "if you think that's sexy, I'd hate to see how you would dress sexy IRL" I remember the hair was used for Ariel for a while...I think the sunset part has something to do with it since it can relate to Kingdom Hearts.
Actually I don't think cosplay arena is the best, it's rather,...easiest, I think. Original arena has way more at stake, and way more to prove and it's really hard to rate a concept/idea than it is to rate whether something matches a picture. Problem is, the same idiots who vote in the cosplay arenas for the continuous lackluster Pokemon and Naruto entries also vote in the originals without the insight that the critiquers in the AT have.

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
OHS-Fujioka_Haruhi-
xPocky Killerx

Yeah I don't get it... rolleyes It's like "if you think that's sexy, I'd hate to see how you would dress sexy IRL" I remember the hair was used for Ariel for a while...I think the sunset part has something to do with it since it can relate to Kingdom Hearts.

The other poses don't bother me as much, they're okay. That may be why I never thought about that.

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
I don't know, sometimes there is a appropriate use for the Sundae lips. My current being an example... d**k entering mouth was the intention. But most times, you're right, they're not used appropriately.

I definitely hate seeing people abuse the s**t out of the newest item. Like right now Rosamund's revenge is popular and people are wear 3 or more of them. It's depressing really... I know there aren't many items that match it right now, but people need to be more creative.

I hate slippers the most! Unless they're on an appropriate themed avatar. Usually there on 'gangsta' avatars. Or you see this gorgeous avatar, then look at the feet and go... gonk WHY!?

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
The Lurid Lady
Actually I don't think cosplay arena is the best, it's rather,...easiest, I think. Original arena has way more at stake, and way more to prove and it's really hard to rate a concept/idea than it is to rate whether something matches a picture. Problem is, the same idiots who vote in the cosplay arenas for the continuous lackluster Pokemon and Naruto entries also vote in the originals without the insight that the critiquers in the AT have.

That's probably why I like it xD; It's easy. I've entered in the originals maybe 4 times in my time on Gaia and didn't do so hot, even though everyone adored my avis, my averages were always a 3.something.

Arenas need to be revamped I think and have people who are just in charge of the arenas alone. Nothing else. I think that would help too.

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
xPocky Killerx
OHS-Fujioka_Haruhi-
xPocky Killerx

The other poses don't bother me as much, they're okay. That may be why I never thought about that.

Yeah... kingdom hearts is still in with their 7th game... or w/e number their on... i think it's close to 7 lol

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
OHS-Fujioka_Haruhi-
xPocky Killerx
OHS-Fujioka_Haruhi-
xPocky Killerx

Yeah... kingdom hearts is still in with their 7th game... or w/e number their on... i think it's close to 7 lol

Yeah, I wonder what system it's being released to? I do love that series.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff