This poll closed on July 19, 2010.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

stonrr's Honey Bun

Naughty Shapeshifter

21,490 Points
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Quiet! I think Fate's trying to speak...

I'm following Lolly on this, a "qualification" round is just some fancy way of making it a whole lot easier for spamvotes to push entries that shouldn't be in to the winning spots. It's bad enough that there are some guilds that still do this kind of mass voting, but to make it easier for them? Ahdunttheenkso.

And as for Moderators, we really need more decisive quick-to-action Mods for the Arenas. Ones that can actually go through either side, pick out what doesn't belong and remove it. (Not that I'd nominate myself for it, because I totally would if given the chance. XD )

For now, just focus on upping the entry price, and put most of these ideas here on hold for now. Give more time to think them through, rather than rush them straight in and make matters possibly worse.

Okay, he's stopped now...back to the fun!
User Image

6,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Corrupted Fate
Quiet! I think Fate's trying to speak...

And as for Moderators, we really need more decisive quick-to-action Mods for the Arenas. Ones that can actually go through either side, pick out what doesn't belong and remove it. (Not that I'd nominate myself for it, because I totally would if given the chance. XD )

Okay, he's stopped now...back to the fun!
User Image

I volunteer!!! *waves arm in air like mad* I'd love the job of going through the arena and helping to eithe rmove those that are in the wrong arena, or disqualify those that are breaking the rules.

6,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Instead of a new arena, how about you just tweek the one we have now.

-Rewrite the rules so that they are clearer, and stricter.
-Show images or examples of what an original avatar is, and what a cosplay avatar is.
-Add Arena Mods: moderators that soley deal with reports and issues from the avatar arenas. (I'd like to be one)
-Increase the arena fee, and increase the arena prizes, and possibly add a soulbound sash as a prize.
-Remove the "All" tab, and rework the "Spotlight" tab so that every avatar gets equal exposure.

Please do not jump so quickly at the few issues we have and make a completely new arena so soon.
Felix Jude Virgo
i want the rating system back to out of 10.

This please. I have always found the five point system too restrictive. crying
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Heaven_Leigh_Treasure
I also think that there should be some increased publicity and, education, if you will regarding the arenas and the associated 'etiquette' of participating in the arenas.

This is an important idea, I think. I know it's terribly hard to try to influence user's actions in an online forum like this, but the right kind of appeal can make a difference. Something that puts the right spin on the idea.

Lanzer
As for the spotlighting and how uneven entries are being voted, that is a problem with the current arenas, and all these problems are slated to be fixed. That's actually what drove us to re-write arenas in the first place. We outsourced the project and it went really wrong. This time we're doing it with our own team which will do things right.
Lanzer

Down-voting is an activity that the system should be able to detect and minimize in terms of damage. The old arenas did that but not the current one, I'm confident that the new arenas should have something similar.

I'm seeing a lot of replies that are talking about how the new system will increase down-voting. It sounds like the developers are aware of this, see where the problem is, and have a solution that was working reasonably well before they tried some time-saving measures with the new arena. If they think they can fix that, then I think they can fix that.

Overall, I do think the change is a good idea, but it'll need some developer love and attention after it's implemented to make sure that the problems people are mentioning don't crop up.

Edit: I forgot I was going to mention, but I think that it's important to make submissions with fewer votes more likely to show up for people to vote on.

Tipsy Roisterer

I can't see why everyone is insisting that downvoting will be a problem.

Your avatar will have to gain X amount of vote with X average - there is no limit on how many people will go through the qualifying round

This means, no matter how many people 'you' down vote - your avatar still has to get the required qualification and other peoples entries won't matter one whit.

Up voting (during the qualifying round) - now that might be a problem.

Tipsy Roisterer

Something just occurred to me and it would be useful for the moderators of the Arena.

If an avatar is reported as glitched, it would be very useful for the moderator to be able to see what items were used to make the avatar. If it is something that could be added, not seen by the general public but listed for the moderators - I know it would be helpful for the mods as they could check if it was a real glitch not just something that was a quirky pose.

OG Smoker

Deazy
Something just occurred to me and it would be useful for the moderators of the Arena.

If an avatar is reported as glitched, it would be very useful for the moderator to be able to see what items were used to make the avatar. If it is something that could be added, not seen by the general public but listed for the moderators - I know it would be helpful for the mods as they could check if it was a real glitch not just something that was a quirky pose.

This times infinity. gonk I remember when my Cig got disqualified and it wasn't even glitched.

Ruthless Hoarder

17,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
I think they should forget about the soul bound ticket thing and just do a two week system were if you receive enough vote in the qualifier round in week one you move on to the Avatar Arena Contest the following week, maybe allowing you to edit your submission between the qualifier and Contest.

6,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I think someone might have already mentioned this, but can we PLEASE NOT have an "All" tab that shows some of the avatars!

It is unfair that the avatars seen in that tab get constant attention, and recieve more votes on average then most of the other entries. Instead just have an "All" button that lists all of the avatars with a headshot photo, and also shows the entries at random each time it is clicked. The "Spotlight" tab is fine, but needs to be tweaked so that every entry gets the same amount of exposure.

And again I push for Arena Mods. Moderators that respond to reports only from the avatar arena, and are even able to disqualify or move an avatar before it is reported.

Sparkly Fatcat

is the qualifying arena free?

Reveler

this sounds... great.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items