Yes 0.58823529411765 58.8% [ 30 ]
No 0.23529411764706 23.5% [ 12 ]
I'm okay either way 0.17647058823529 17.6% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 51 ]
This poll closed on July 19, 2010.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Hello everyone!

As some of you might know, the art arenas is going through a re-design and re-write right now and will be much more focused on the contests with much more fabulous prizes for winners!

I've heard of a lot of you asking to raise the entry fee for the avatar arena so that there will be better qualified entries, so we'll be doing that in a short time. Now for the new arenas, we're planning to create a new league of challenge. So here is what had been proposed:

New Contest proposal
--------------------------------

Qualifying Arena - The new avatar arenas will have a section that works much like the art arenas, but will require an entry fee. This section doesn't have weekly contests, submissions will receive immediate ratings and feedback when so you can get a sense of how you do right away. Users can potentially submit more than one entry at a time. Submissions that receive 3.5 stars (or higher, TBD) with over 50 votes (also to be determined) will receive one or more special tickets to enter the Avatar contest. Tickets will be soul bound, meaning no selling or trading away of tickets.

Avatar Contest - The avatar contest require the special ticket from the qualifying arena to enter. Not only will the submissions have higher quality, but we'll be providing much better prizes, achievements, and rewards for anyone who participates. The rules will be much like the avatar arenas today where submissions are collected a week before the contest begin, and all entries will be shown at once to ensure fairness.

So the result is a two tier system. It is more complex than how things are today so I would like to hear everyone's feedback to weigh in on the pros and cons. Please give any feedback on whether you like the proposal or not.

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
It's an interesting idea.
I can see how it would easily improve the quality of avatars in the Arena.
And everyone can still enter and get those votes to see how they'd do,
even if they don't make it to the actual contest.

I wonder if this would mess up group entries,
if one person in the group can't earn the ticket,
but I think in general, I support this idea.

When you get the ticket,
do you choose when to use it to enter the Arena?
And would it only work with the avatar that earned the ticket?
i like this, actually. however, the fact that you make it a public number that is relatively LOW allows for possible cheating.

do like it though.

OG Smoker

It's a nice idea but open to the possibility of cheating and downvoting. Might need to be tweaked a bit more.

Also Lazer baby we do have and Avi arena forum I suggest you use it and post this suggestion there.

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
True, it'd be easy to target people and downvote.

Though I wonder if it'd be any easy than it's already been.
yes, Lanzer. PLEASE post this sticky in avatar arena forum as well.
lol, the people posting no aren't saying anything.

5,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
I a bit confused on the whole ticket thing.
So we have to get a rank of 3.5 or higher after 50 votes to get a ticket to enter into a weekly thing?
User Image
Mookie Cookie
User Image
So we have to get a rank of 3.5 or higher after 50 votes to get a ticket to enter into a weekly thing?
User Image
i think so.

5,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Felix Jude Virgo
Mookie Cookie
User Image
User Image
i think so.
User Image
I guess I like it-just kinda confusing.
User Image
Lanzer's wording really isn't that great. i'll edit in a clarification

BASICALLY, guys -
You pay a fee to enter the qualifying round. After a week of advertising and getting votes, you need at least an average of 3.5 stars to qualify for a higher-tier contest. Your prize in the first part is a soul-bound ticket, and the prize in the second is likely to be higher than the current.

However,
lanzer
you need to realize that 3.5 can, for the most part, be easily attained in the current incarnation of Arena, thanks to the spotlight feature being broken. At the same time, because of the spotlight feature being broken, many people can't get the minimum number of votes.

On top of that, the rules themselves need to be updated and clarified.

Aekea Scarface

Well, there's still that possibility; however, they are raising the entry fee. So those two things should help to eliminate crap entries. Also, there may be a fee for both the qualifying arena and the contest arena.

The only thing I'm confused about is the ticket. I wonder if it's only for the qualifying entry or if it's applied to the account itself.

5,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
I guess it makes sense =) So no more crappy wins?
User Image

OG Smoker

Lanzer also the average entry only gets about 100 votes a week. So having a tiered system might not be a good idea especially with low votes. I suggest you fix the algorithms first and what not before you push through this new idea. Remember we do not need another arena 2.0 fiasco.

Aekea Scarface

0-DCB
Well, there's still that possibility; however, they are raising the entry fee. So those two things should help to eliminate crap entries. Also, there may be a fee for both the qualifying arena and the contest arena.

The only thing I'm confused about is the ticket. I wonder if it's only for the qualifying entry or if it's applied to the account itself.
Whoops! Edited my last post instead of making a new one. x}

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces