Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Strawberry

14,150 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Egg Collector 100
Jill I Valentine

Well I noticed it when I entered my Wallace.
I went from 5th (or 6th...don't remember) to about 13th very close to the end of the voting period. I'm still surprised that I made it back into the top ten after that really. o . o;;
I honestly think that's pretty unfair to have someone go from being in the rankings to being booted out within an hour before voting ends.

Another one of my friends had the same issue last week where they were in the lower ranks only to be booted out.
However, she was unable to get back into the ranks since she was in 11th when the voting ended.

Kawaii Hunter

Pit Takes Flight
Jill I Valentine

Well I noticed it when I entered my Wallace.
I went from 5th (or 6th...don't remember) to about 13th very close to the end of the voting period. I'm still surprised that I made it back into the top ten after that really. o . o;;
I honestly think that's pretty unfair to have someone go from being in the rankings to being booted out within an hour before voting ends.

Another one of my friends had the same issue last week where they were in the lower ranks only to be booted out.
However, she was unable to get back into the ranks since she was in 11th when the voting ended.

I have had spamdownvoting on my entries for awhile, I would go through top 10 to really REALLY low ranks and my cosplays weren't terrible.
Once I went from rank 1 (was at that for a couple of days) then to rank 20 or something, then it plummeted down like a group was spamming downvote.
Lucky you ;o
It is very unfair, but people are selfish jerks. .-.

Fluffy Bunny

19,750 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
wow, it's been years since I bothered entering anything in the arena and now I find out all this stuff is going on. I didn't even know it was possible to view the current placing before it ends or that downvoting existed, I thought the votes just piled up regardless of if it was one star or five. D: Now I realize it is more complex than I thought.

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
I have noticed an increase is downvoting in the last 3 weeks. Lot more 1's going out lately. I guess it is from Gaia featuring 1st place now.

Edit: oh, I should say I am talking about originals. I have no idea how cosplay has been going.

Angelic Slayer

Honestly not that big of a deal folks, do the arena for fun or not at all. Back in the day the gold meant something, but now it's just for fun. If you know you had a good avvy that's really what matters. Don't let the inept masses judge your success.

Haunting Dreamer

I've only recently joined the avatar arena (originals) and I have to say, it's rather convenient for avatar storing purposes ;P Of course it would be neat to place, but you can't always have it all..
I have to say, last week when I entered for the first time I was curious as to the first votes and to see yourself being shot down so fast is annoying.
I was wondering though where you can find the current placing, I've seen some people talk about it, but haven't so far seen it.

Toxic Transmutator

CreativeVision
I've only recently joined the avatar arena (originals) and I have to say, it's rather convenient for avatar storing purposes ;P Of course it would be neat to place, but you can't always have it all..
I have to say, last week when I entered for the first time I was curious as to the first votes and to see yourself being shot down so fast is annoying.
I was wondering though where you can find the current placing, I've seen some people talk about it, but haven't so far seen it.

You can only see your place if you're in the top 100 - sorry, I guess...

Haunting Dreamer

Utopia
CreativeVision

that i did know, not the exact number, although i guessed it, but i thought some people were implying that downvoters could view the current top placement, but I guess they would be dependent upon their own ranking and downvote accordingly?

Toxic Transmutator

CreativeVision
Utopia
CreativeVision

that i did know, not the exact number, although i guessed it, but i thought some people were implying that downvoters could view the current top placement, but I guess they would be dependent upon their own ranking and downvote accordingly?

I don't think there's a way to see how other people are doing, at least not as a normal user. I notice that whenever I have placed before, that I'm doing worse the week(s) after - I guess placing makes one a target for certain people.

Patriotic Hero

15,925 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Oh the joy of down voting it is still very much alive. I was hoping people would stop doing it. I love how the vote on how popular the character is or isn't

Timid Strawberry

14,150 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Egg Collector 100
I - Steel - I
Oh the joy of down voting it is still very much alive. I was hoping people would stop doing it. I love how the vote on how popular the character is or isn't

Yeah pretty much still as bad as it has been really. Here's my example from last week:

My DN Angel group from last week got downspammed right before voting ended.
From 12 AM to about 2:30 EST PA's time zone. Yoshi Rolls into Battle and I noticed our averages go down massively.

Chiemii, who was my group's Risa, was in 10th and then was kicked out of the ranks.
Yoshi, who was our Riku, went from 2nd to 9th.
I still stayed in first, but my average took a nosedive from 3.95 right down to 3.72.
I know I had at least 20-30 downvotes since my voting count before my downspam was in the 180 mark.
However, the irony was that Mio's entry went untouched and her rank stay the same...I don't get that. sweatdrop

Because of that, my guess is that there's people that also downvote because they don't like specific users.
I know that it's based on the character, but I also want to think it has to do with if a user is liked or not in some cases.

): Yeah people suck sometimes....

Magical Star

11,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
It's beyond me..
I guess some people really want the spotlight more than ever since they started putting the winners in the announcements. :c

blvshy's Fangirl

Trash

Pretty much there a method of downvoting my friend and I have been seeing and noticing lately. I doubt Gaia would do anything about it. Pretty much it's favoriting an entry then unfavoriting it when finished voting. It happened to MOST of my entries nowadays. The people who downvoted me, I barely know or talk to them. Some people in the arenas right now are full of greed these days.

Enigmatic Fashionista

32,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Magical Girl 50
It's normal for it to happen. Average scores fluctuate quite a bit the first day but eventually it gets better and the entry stays at a certain spot.
That's how it went for me this past week in the original avatar arena anyway. I'd been jumping all over the place the first day, but after that I'd consistently stayed in and ended up placing second.

It'll get better, I promise. c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces