Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with Magica

Shirtless Fatcat

User Image

You guys are really over complicating this..

The people in the all tab get more votes because more people see them. People who aren't hardcore into arenas and just pass by and vote on a few things will see the all tab and go, "ooo, that looks pretty," and click it. These are the same people more likely to be LESS critical, so the all tab gets an advantage. The people of this forum who go through every avatar in the whole contest each week are more critical than the average noob user, so when you are buried way down in the pages, your ratio of hardcore voter to average user is higher, and therefore your score is probably lower. Fortunately its likely balanced somewhat by the fact that the all tab is probably the first place the down voters go to look for prey, so you're guaranteed get hit by all of them. Still, the benefits probably outweigh the downside.

Feeder

12,300 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Artificial Shadows
User Image

You guys are really over complicating this..

The people in the all tab get more votes because more people see them. People who aren't hardcore into arenas and just pass by and vote on a few things will see the all tab and go, "ooo, that looks pretty," and click it. These are the same people more likely to be LESS critical, so the all tab gets an advantage. The people of this forum who go through every avatar in the whole contest each week are more critical than the average noob user, so when you are buried way down in the pages, your ratio of hardcore voter to average user is higher, and therefore your score is probably lower. Fortunately its likely balanced somewhat by the fact that the all tab is probably the first place the down voters go to look for prey, so you're guaranteed get hit by all of them. Still, the benefits probably outweigh the downside.

Like some they say, any publicity is good publicity.

King Bloodsucker

I check both sections honestly~

Quotable Cat

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Yes, indeed I look at those sections.
ALWAYS all ^^ Why would I just look at things Gaia's chosen to spotlight! Everyone I've seen so far does a great job; I mean, you have to consider that you have to be creative to put these items together! It's not like Gaia has, for example, the Super Saiyan hair listed under "Super Saiyan," you have to dig to find it! 4laugh heart

Feeder

12,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
And more people still look at the "all" tab scream

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
AdeptRogueNagi

let me just start by saying i love you for making this topic

and as someone who enters arenas a lot and has placed a good amount ...when i know my avatar is worth placing ..i put it in the all tab ..that means waiting up till a certain time to enter and not getting a lot of sleep for that coming monday because i am on the east coast

if you wait you know it will be seen

"the best things come to those that wait"

...on a side not you will notice that in the all tab a good 6 out of the group in the all tab are usually the same people because they are serious arena contenders

and they have magnificent work

Feeder

12,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Raibeart Karlssen
AdeptRogueNagi

let me just start by saying i love you for making this topic

and as someone who enters arenas a lot and has placed a good amount ...when i know my avatar is worth placing ..i put it in the all tab ..that means waiting up till a certain time to enter and not getting a lot of sleep for that coming monday because i am on the east coast

if you wait you know it will be seen

"the best things come to those that wait"

...on a side not you will notice that in the all tab a good 6 out of the group in the all tab are usually the same people because they are serious arena contenders

and they have magnificent work

Even if people were to methodically publicize their entries in the "all" tab, there is no liability that they will be on there. After all, it's only 12 boxes. I'm not the type of person who knows how many entries are being submitted in a certain time area. Makes me question how the devs manage them, which is why I think this is all conspiracy.
It's not always the same people who submit them either, some are even accidental.
hi people!!! ^.^ my avatar is a princess she loves to shop and dress.
her fave animal is dogs.

I heart DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sexy Seeker

In my experience the "All" tab doesn't change at all, so one of those little bastards is probably going to place higher than me. The only reason I came in 6th place in my first entry to the cosplay arena was because of that little lucky placement under the "All" tab.

Now, if we're talking about the little link that says "View all submissions", well, let's just say I'm lazy and don't like looking at the competition. I like to be blissfully unaware of how bad I am at this whole thing.

So, in answer to your initial question, I guess my answer would be... Spotlight?

Distinct Elder

I grow through the 'All' section of the arenas, honestly. Not just the first few thumbnailed, either, but the entire thing. I don't really bother with the avatar spotlight.

Dangerous Gekko

It all depends on if I have time or not. I look at the spotlight when I am short on time otherwise I go through the all tab from the first page to the last. I do not go through every single avatar but the ones that have interesting head shots or titles.

Popular Abductee

I usually view the "all" section!

i also go page by page and rate who I can!
I agree! Wow Nagi I stumbled upon this accidentaly and it turns out it was made by you!
AdeptRogueNagi
It seems to me that Gaia selectively pick those who "appears to be redeeming in their quality of their work" and puts them on "all" section, as if they purposely neglect the rest of the entries and only publicized the entries that seem "promising"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff