Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you base most of your ratings on in the Cosplay Arenas?

Reference Image 0.14705882352941 14.7% [ 10 ]
Gender 0.029411764705882 2.9% [ 2 ]
Skin Color 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Eye Color/Style 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Other 0.073529411764706 7.4% [ 5 ]
All of the Above 0.75 75.0% [ 51 ]
Total Votes:[ 68 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 >

Woo!
My entry was "ok". o/ xp

It was the hakama wasn't it? So many comments telling me about that item. sweatdrop

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
Arvron
Woo!
My entry was "ok". o/ xp

It was the hakama wasn't it? So many comments telling me about that item. sweatdrop

We were talking about the week before. lD
Oh, derp. XD

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
Arvron
Oh, derp. XD

lol it's okay. It happens. lD

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
xPocky Killerx
Arvron
Oh, derp. XD

lol it's okay. It happens. lD

omg... theres a person this week that keeps deleting my posts saying its not a cosplay... she says it it even though she doesn't look like her ref /headdesk

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
einstein97
Rate me? My Avi
gtfo >O

Beloved Humorist

einstein97
Rate me? [#cut#]My Avi
REPORTED. evil

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Sho-NUFF!
einstein97
Rate me? [#cut#]My Avi
REPORTED. evil
I reported him in my critique thread too

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
He's posted in a lot of thread... how annoying.

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Naramaru
He's posted in a lot of thread... how annoying.
Very...

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
1) Optical use. I think there should be a rule for Optical Abuse; well technically misuse seems more fitting to the bill. Most cosplays tend to make or break the grade when they throw off the balance of a adequately well done cosplay by adding a completely unnecessary expense (I.e blessing items, fremeres guard, and so-on). I understand if it's a trendy item most self proclaimed "official" clique cosplayers (ex. iTittle Character); but that intentive missuse of said item really deprives the cosplay and said cosplayer of it's legitimacy, and by all means deserve a point deduction.

2) Description. it doesn't have to be well thought out, or extensive; but as long it explains the meaning behind said cosplay or BG surrounding cosplay.

3) Criticism and Conduct. Not everyone can take criticsm, and not everyone can give it either. You're entitled to protecting your work from the most mundane of critiques, especially considering anyone can be a critique; but not everyone is privy about the trials and tribulations of the most difficult layering problems.

4) Set abuse. People are aware of it; but some people aren't aware where that thin red line lies. I personally believe if possible the maximum usage is 3 depending if the item has a vast array of poses like a E.I. Rig items however a true testament to ones skill should require no more than 2 poses.

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
GalavantMan
1) Optical use. I think there should be a rule for Optical Abuse; well technically misuse seems more fitting to the bill. Most cosplays tend to make or break the grade when they through off the balance of a adequately well done cosplay by adding a completely unnecessary expense (I.e blessing items, fremeres guard, and so-on). I understand if it's a trendy item most self proclaimed "official" clique cosplayers (ex. iTittle Character); but that intentive missuse of said item really deprives the cosplay and said cosplay of it's legitimacy, and by all means deserve a point deduction.

2) Description. it doesn't have to be well thought out, or extensive; but as long it explains the meaning behind said cosplay or BG surrounding cosplay.

3) Criticism and Conduct. Not everyone can take criticsm, and not everyone can give it either. You're entitled to protecting your work from the most mundane of critiques, especially considering anyone can be a critique; but not everyone is privy about the trials and tribulations of the most difficult layering problems.

4) Set abuse. People are aware of it; but some people aren't aware where that thin red line lies. I personally believe if possible the maximum usage is 3 depending if the item has a vast array of poses like a E.I. Rig items however a true testament to ones skill should require no more than 2 poses.

I agree.
Going off what you said with #1, the "cliques", I get rather angry when people do that and then (I have seen this) another will comment on a cosplay that isn't exactly how that "magnificent" person did it, and they will write on the entry "so-and-so did a better job". That's fine, but obviously that Gaian is not so-and-so and it still matches the ref, just with better and probably less expensive items. Which always brings me to the point of accuracy > cost. Who cares how much the avatar cost, just as long as it's accurate.
I also dislike that when cosplays using expensive items (i.e. fremers, eyes from SDPlus #272 Majoko Mariko or Oisin's Blessing, etc.) get (at least written) automatic 5/5. Glad someone can afford 12mil eyes. Wish I could...
And the extensive use of the body blush and blush in general with character drives me nuts, but everyone thinks that it makes it look better.

I like when the description explains the use of an item. Helps me out.

I wish people, even when defending their entries against what the comment-ee thinks is criticism would be more adult about it and conduct themselves in a way that would earn them more respect in the arenas.

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
OHS-Fujioka_Haruhi-
GalavantMan
1) Optical use. I think there should be a rule for Optical Abuse; well technically misuse seems more fitting to the bill. Most cosplays tend to make or break the grade when they through off the balance of a adequately well done cosplay by adding a completely unnecessary expense (I.e blessing items, fremeres guard, and so-on). I understand if it's a trendy item most self proclaimed "official" clique cosplayers (ex. iTittle Character); but that intentive missuse of said item really deprives the cosplay and said cosplay of it's legitimacy, and by all means deserve a point deduction.

I agree.
Going off what you said with #1, the "cliques", I get rather angry when people do that and then (I have seen this) another will comment on a cosplay that isn't exactly how that "magnificent" person did it, and they will write on the entry "so-and-so did a better job". That's fine, but obviously that Gaian is not so-and-so and it still matches the ref, just with better and probably less expensive items. Which always brings me to the point of accuracy > cost. Who cares how much the avatar cost, just as long as it's accurate.
I also dislike that when cosplays using expensive items (i.e. fremers, eyes from SDPlus #272 Majoko Mariko or Oisin's Blessing, etc.) get (at least written) automatic 5/5. Glad someone can afford 12mil eyes. Wish I could...
And the extensive use of the body blush and blush in general with character drives me nuts, but everyone thinks that it makes it look better.

I wish people, even when defending their entries against what the comment-ee thinks is criticism would be more adult about it and conduct themselves in a way that would earn them more respect in the arenas.

Sorry about the various errors in my previous comment (smart phones has an asinine auto correction for everything).
Plus I'm glad that someone pointed out the some of the hypocrisy behind Occular abuse. I once critiqued a previous placing cosplay a long while back, and stated how easily people can disregard the artist's intent on denying accuracy to please his/herself by adding a Blessing item.

Mind you regarding back on criticism some people can't take it, some people can't give it either. Clique cosplays tend to recieve a lot of support from said clique, and sometimes I believe that support can even extend itself to some nasty dealings in arenas. I've seen this first hand in example, when I effectively given an honest and decent opinion on the dangers of occular abuse; I later had my own work downvoted to hell and back.

Sadly it's becoming more, and more common lately; because of this, the more "clique" cosplayers sometimes may have difficulty earning the respect of some of the more veteran arena artists. Things like this eventually start certain mindsets, and one that is most popular is the subject of how "overdone" cosplays cannot become good cosplays.

Honest opinion and I meant the make this a rule.
5) Overdone cosplays are acceptable; but because of it's premise with all the extensive previous works prior, evaluation of the cosplays accuracy should be taken into extreme consideration. Reminder, nothing less of a legitimate entry shouldn't deserved highly biased criticism.

8,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
GalavantMan
OHS-Fujioka_Haruhi-
GalavantMan

I agree.

Sorry about the various errors in my previous comment (smart phones has an asinine auto correction for everything).
Plus I'm glad that someone pointed out the some of the hypocrisy behind Occular abuse. I once critiqued a previous placing cosplay a long while back, and stated how easily people can disregard the artist's intent on denying accuracy to please his/herself by adding a Blessing item.

Mind you regarding back on criticism some people can't take it, some people can't give it either. Clique cosplays tend to recieve a lot of support from said clique, and sometimes I believe that support can even extend itself to some nasty dealings in arenas. I've seen this first hand in example, when I effectively given an honest and decent opinion on the dangers of occular abuse; I later had my own work downvoted to hell and back.

Sadly it's becoming more, and more common lately; because of this, the more "clique" cosplayers sometimes may have difficulty earning the respect of some of the more veteran arena artists. Things like this eventually start certain mindsets, and one that is most popular is the subject of how "overdone" cosplays cannot become good cosplays.

Honest opinion and I meant the make this a rule.
5) Overdone cosplays are acceptable; but because of it's premise with all the extensive previous works prior, evaluation of the cosplays accuracy should be taken into extreme consideration. Reminder, nothing less of a legitimate entry shouldn't deserved highly biased criticism.

Smart phones ain't so smart ;D

Agreed on the not being able to give it. I've been told that I'm one of the nicest people to comment on arenas that have errors, yet I'm getting bashed by the artist and other contestants/voters because I'm "too harsh". Then someone else comments with a harsher remark and I'm like emotion_donotwant SUCK IT!

Yeah I noticed that on my older account which I abandoned because I couldn't enjoy Gaia because of all the abuse in and out of the arenas.

It's very sad v.v I do like the fact that there are a few "new-comers" that can make really good entries~ They've done their research on items and the arena! They are few and far between though. But yeah, people cannot think of ways to "wow" us with the overdone cosplays. I was VERY impressed with the Link that used the Sim gem and slash and grass cosplaying the collecting rupees.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff