Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guests

+1 1 100.0% [ 48 ]
Total Votes:[ 48 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 30 31 32 > >>

Invisible Player

Naramaru
Who isn't these days? >.>

lol ME! xp I was surprised that I only got positive ones on Mr. Peanut. I have gotten not as positive ones on previous entries though.

( I just popped back in because I was quoted. Thank you again.)

Friendly Grabber

12,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Hello, I want to comment on the "don't delete comments ever" trend I've been seeing lately. I'm afraid you're the one getting the comment because, well, you're the last one I read with posts reflecting this attitude, and I couldn't hold back anymore.

What if someone claims you are stealing when you didn't? This would certainly affect voters. I've even seen people accuse others of stealing some random Tektek cosplay and people were like "Oh, stealing, that's bad. *downvotes*" How does one steal a cosplay? And who was the other user to accuse them of stealing it from tektek? Maybe the cosplayer had made it on tektek to work out the kinks before they submitted it? Or, another trend is to personally attack a person, should they really leave in rude comments because some voter thinks not wanting to see it every time they view their entry makes them look like a baby? Or, what about if someone accuses them of hacking? Or leaves spam? Nobody likes spam.

This attitude smacks of elitism to me, its silly, and I wish it would stop.

I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes too badly.

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
BuckyKattLove
Hello, I want to comment on the "don't delete comments ever" trend I've been seeing lately. I'm afraid you're the one getting the comment because, well, you're the last one I read with posts reflecting this attitude, and I couldn't hold back anymore.

What if someone claims you are stealing when you didn't? This would certainly affect voters. I've even seen people accuse others of stealing some random Tektek cosplay and people were like "Oh, stealing, that's bad. *downvotes*" How does one steal a cosplay? And who was the other user to accuse them of stealing it from tektek? Maybe the cosplayer had made it on tektek to work out the kinks before they submitted it? Or, another trend is to personally attack a person, should they really leave in rude comments because some voter thinks not wanting to see it every time they view their entry makes them look like a baby? Or, what about if someone accuses them of hacking? Or leaves spam? Nobody likes spam.

Deleting spam comments is fine, but they should be reported as well, same with abusive comments. It's when they start deleting comments that are giving an honest critique, without being rude, that's what irritates voters. Most of us just want to help and see others get better. There are quite a few people that can't seem to handle any sort of criticism, good or bad. But like with all competition you have to learn to take the good with some of the bad and go through the proper channels to see that the really bad is dealt with accordingly because lets face it, the really bad always come back if they're not dealt with properly.

Now, I can agree that my words are harsh and I can admit that some of them were said slightly out of anger, but they are honest to what I feel. In the future I will try to select my words better and try to keeping my feelings completely out of it. I don't try to sound elitist or stuck-up, it just comes across that way and I do need to adjust my brain to text filter.

Thank you for your honesty.

Friendly Grabber

12,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Naramaru
BuckyKattLove

Deleting spam comments is fine, but they should be reported as well, same with abusive comments. It's when they start deleting comments that are giving an honest critique, without being rude, that's what irritates voters. Most of us just want to help and see others get better. There are quite a few people that can't seem to handle any sort of criticism, good or bad. But like with all competition you have to learn to take the good with some of the bad and go through the proper channels to see that the really bad is dealt with accordingly because lets face it, the really bad always come back if they're not dealt with properly.

Now, I can agree that my words are harsh and I can admit that some of them were said slightly out of anger, but they are honest to what I feel. In the future I will try to select my words better and try to keeping my feelings completely out of it. I don't try to sound elitist or stuck-up, it just comes across that way and I do need to adjust my brain to text filter.

I agree that more users should listen to constructive criticism, instead of throwing a fit about it or insulting others. However, I am honestly curious, how do you know what it is they are deleting? I don't go into the arenas very often.

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
BuckyKattLove
Naramaru
BuckyKattLove

I agree that more users should listen to constructive criticism, instead of throwing a fit about it or insulting others. However, I am honestly curious, how do you know what it is they are deleting? I don't go into the arenas very often.

I'm constantly checking the entries throughout the week, especially the ones I commented on and I'm trying to get into the habit of commenting more during voting. I like to see what others have said. But sometimes people comment back even after deleting a comment, so you can kind of get the gist of what was said. But for the most part, during voting people delete spam... it's after voting when most comments get deleted. I guess people feel that after they've won that's it but I feel there is always room for improvement, just because you won doesn't mean everyone was happy with your entry. Though, I do have to say, a lot of people can be very rude to the winners. It's one thing to say something like, "I think this could have been better", with some critiquing than saying something like, "How the hell did this win? Must be because you're popular or because you spammed for votes". Although we still have a problem with people getting up votes due to being popular, but that's hard to prove =/ and I don't like to or try to call people out of things without proof.

Friendly Grabber

12,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Naramaru
BuckyKattLove
Naramaru
BuckyKattLove

I'm constantly checking the entries throughout the week, especially the ones I commented on and I'm trying to get into the habit of commenting more during voting. I like to see what others have said. But sometimes people comment back even after deleting a comment, so you can kind of get the gist of what was said. But for the most part, during voting people delete spam... it's after voting when most comments get deleted. I guess people feel that after they've won that's it but I feel there is always room for improvement, just because you won doesn't mean everyone was happy with your entry. Though, I do have to say, a lot of people can be very rude to the winners. It's one thing to say something like, "I think this could have been better", with some critiquing than saying something like, "How the hell did this win? Must be because you're popular or because you spammed for votes". Although we still have a problem with people getting up votes due to being popular, but that's hard to prove =/ and I don't like to or try to call people out of things without proof.

I figured it was probably something like that. Although, I never noticed people deleting after they win (again, I don't spend much time in the arena). That is kind of odd. Thank you for answering my question.

Also, I apologize for my accusations. I kept seeing people making blanket statements about how users shouldn't delete comments and thought they meant without exception. I didn't realize they only meant constructive criticism.

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
BuckyKattLove

I figured it was probably something like that. Although, I never noticed people deleting after they win (again, I don't spend much time in the arena). That is kind of odd. Thank you for answering my question.

Also, I apologize for my accusations. I kept seeing people making blanket statements about how users shouldn't delete comments and thought they meant without exception. I didn't realize they only meant constructive criticism.

I think we just sort of short hand it because we know why most entrants delete our comments (Because they're incapable of taking actual feedback).

One of the winners last week was a prime example, she actually asked someone to explain why people were saying they disliked that she'd won but deleted my comment when I sat and explained why it was ...

People just aren't mature enough to take all the comments they get and it's kind of sad to expect only positive comments when you enter a contest.

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
BuckyKattLove

No problem and no apology is needed. Sometimes we critics and regulars need a good swift kick to the butt... so to speak biggrin

Dapper Dabbler

9,075 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
thank you for featuring my entry!

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
Thanks for the spotlight this week!

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Critiques are up... finally. I'm so late!

xhuu's Wife

Married Millionaire

22,800 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Married 100
  • Over Easy 100
All i'm gonna say is:
Why the hell did #9 even rank?...

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Evelin333
All i'm gonna say is:

Beats me >.>

xhuu's Wife

Married Millionaire

22,800 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Married 100
  • Over Easy 100
Naramaru
Evelin333
All i'm gonna say is:

Beats me >.>

aye...
ooo, you have to see this entry! The person is cosplaying an indian god!
here

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Evelin333
Naramaru
Evelin333
All i'm gonna say is:

Beats me >.>

aye...
ooo, you have to see this entry! The person is cosplaying an indian god!
-snip-

I've seen all the entries in both arenas. That's how I pick my favorites.
Also, to be honest, I don't think it's that great.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff