Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
C_i_r_c_l_e_s_!

A Critique & Spotlight Thread!

User Image

Welcome to Circles! My critique & spotlight thread. My name is Naramaru. You can call me by that or any variation of that. I’m an arena regular and I like to think I’m a badass avatar maker. They may not be perfect all the time but I love them.

Arena and Thread Things
- Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and everything I say in this thread is my strictly my opinion. Don't take my words too seriously.
- I go through and vote for every entry in both arenas every week.
- For the record, I just like to say that I give out a lot more 5's than you'd think. The avatars in my spotlight are my instant favorites.
- I will be spotlighting entries for the current week
- I will be giving critiques of the winners each week.
- Yeah, I can be rude… most times I don’t mean to be, but sometimes it comes across that way. But lets all try to be mature and not resort to insults and pettiness.
- I give balanced criticism where balanced criticism is due.
- I know I’m not perfect. sometimes I spell things wrong and I make grammar mistakes but I’m not the only person in the world that does so. There is no need point them out. Remember, everyone makes mistakes.
- Yes, the arenas are supposed to be about fun but they are also a competition and should be considered such first!

Please follow the ToS of the site and Rules & Guidelines of this sub-forum.

Enjoy ♥

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
H_o_t__S_t_u_f_f__&__C_o_o_l__L_i_n_k_s

Here I'll posting all sorts of things! Videos, quotes, links and the like!
Want me to put something here? PM Me!

__

A treat for everyone!

Weekly Video!

Links!

The Ultimate Text Color Code Guide
Group Entry List

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
G_r_o_u_p__E_n_t_r_i_e_s

Here I'll posting the group entries for the week.
Just to be fair, I do not put anyone from a group into my favorites.

Two big and spooky groups for Halloween this week! Good Luck and Happy Halloween!

Halloween Town

User Image

Octrollber

User Image

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
C_u_r_r_e_n_t__C_i_r_c_l_i_n_g__C_o_s_p_l_a_y_s

User Image

-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-

User Image

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
C_u_r_r_e_n_t__C_i_r_c_l_i_n_g__O_r_i_g_i_n_a_l_s

User Image

-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-

User Image

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
C_o_s_p_l_a_y__W_i_n_n_e_r_s__C_i_r_c_l_e

User Image

First
The Legend of Zelda- Poe
User Image
Initial Thoughts: While it's a simple cosplay, it's very well done.
Strengths: Accuracy
Weaknesses: it does look like his shroud covers him, so my only suggestion would be to get something to cover the torso a little more.
Final Thoughts: I'm happy to see a LoZ cosplay that's not Link or Zelda.

Second
I Put a Spell on You~

User Image
Initial Thoughts: What a great avi to get everyone into the Halloween spirit!
Strengths: I love that you used that hair, it works perfectly for this particular cosplay. Also, the layering in the outfit and background is to die for.
Weaknesses: I think it would've been a little bit better if she had crazier looking eyes.
Final Thoughts: Over all this cosplay is fantastic and deserves it's top spot.

Third
Come Little Children~

User Image
Initial Thoughts: Nice to see you up here with your sister.
Strengths: The way you made the outfit is absolutely amazing!
Weaknesses: It looks to me like her lips should be red, not purple.
Final Thoughts: Overall you've done a great job and have done the character some justice.

Fourth
Robining
User Image
Initial Thoughts: Definitely giving you points for creativity and good laughs!
Strengths: I love that you took a common character and did something different with them. Also digging the item choice.
Weaknesses: None that I can see.
Final Thoughts:

Fifth
The Headless Horseman

User Image
Initial Thoughts: Nothing like a classic!
Strengths: You've managed to portray the character and the scene well.
Weaknesses: This is a very popular character around this time and there are several different versions. Now you've provided a picture but the avi is not quite accurate to it. If you're going to provide a picture, follow it. That being said, I think it would've been better to use a black cape, not a red one.
Final Thoughts: Just need to pay attention to the details. Make sure you follow your reference. You have done well otherwise.

Sixth
Rei Ayanami
User Image
Initial Thoughts: A very good representation of Rei.
Strengths: Love the item choices and layering.
Weaknesses: Just a little plain for my tastes but no points taken away for that.
Final Thoughts: I couldn't have done a better job myself.

Seventh
Mr. Mistoffelees

User Image
Initial Thoughts: If I say this I'm going to get shot... but I'll risk it. I've never seen Cats. -dodges bullets-. But this cosplay is good.
Strengths: You've definitely captured the flamboyance nature here. I was going to say the leg mod is lazy, but it works here. I really like the face.
Weaknesses: None.
Final Thoughts: It's something different and not overdone, so kudos for that. Also, it's the best one I've seen. Keep it up!

Eighth
LoZ: Skyward Sword -Demise

User Image
Initial Thoughts: Another LoZ cosplay that isn't Link or Zelda! Yay!
Strengths: Besides that fact that it's not Link or Zelda, it's a very well made cosplay.
Weaknesses: Nothing but ghost here.
Final Thoughts: Thank you for doing something different, I appreciate it!

Ninth
.hack//G.U. Pi
User Image
Initial Thoughts: Looks alright.
Strengths: Giving you points for attempting this and working with what you've got.
Weaknesses: The leg area, as much as I know there wasn't anything you could've done, it's just so off.
Final Thoughts: I don't think Gaia is quite ready for this cosplay.

Tenth
LoZ: Wind Waker - Medli

User Image
Initial Thoughts: I don't really have to say again why I'm excited about this... but I will anyway! It's not Link or Zelda!
Strengths: I shouldn't be surprised that this cosplay is so good. I love everything about it.
Weaknesses: None
Final Thoughts: This should've placed much higher, but at least it placed and I'm happy.

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
O_r_i_g_i_n_a_l__W_i_n_n_e_r_s__C_i_r_c_l_e

User Image

First
mysteeri olento taivaalle

User Image
Initial Thoughts: I'm just not a fan.
Strengths: The coloring is nice.
Weaknesses: While liking the colors, just not very well balanced. Also, this is a combo we've seen before and I'm just not that impressed.
Final Thoughts: I really don't see how this got first place, let alone top ten.

Second
Vanguard Virtues - Courage

User Image
Initial Thoughts: I don't know what everyone is getting fussy for. I like that you're dedicated to an idea.
Strengths: I think this is one of my favorite of the series. The colors are nice and balanced. The layering is beautiful and this is one of those situations where I love that the background is just that, a background.
Weaknesses: To me the eyes looks more bored or lifeless than courageous but overall the avatar is stunning.
Final Thoughts: Don't mind what others may say, you're dedicated to an idea, actually several and you deliver. It may not be 100% all the time but you work hard and it shows. Keep up the good work.

Third
Diva de los Muertos

User Image
Initial Thoughts: Splendid!
Strengths: That green together with that red looks really nice. All the items work very well with each other. Definitely something worth looking it.
Weaknesses: While I gave this a five because I did love it, just a little plain for my tastes.
Final Thoughts: Overall, job well done and I'm happy to see that you placed.

Fourth
The Spider Princess

User Image
Initial Thoughts: Another non-impressive avatar this week.
Strengths: Again, the colors are interesting.
Weaknesses: It's a bit of a mess really. The items to me don't seem to fit one another.
Final Thoughts: I just don't see how this was liked enough to get into top ten when there are avatars last week that were much more deserving.

Fifth
★ Captain ★

User Image
Initial Thoughts: I can see why people liked this one but it wasn't a favorite for me.
Strengths: I really like the colors combo. Green and cream are really nice together.
Weaknesses: There are some colors that are really standing out, like that tiny bit of blue on the jacket, it's all I can look at when I see this avatar. Also the layering just seems a little jumbled and the avatars frame looks strange.
Final Thoughts: It's not a bad avi, just not the best one. I've seen you do much better work than this.

Sixth
DiMonne
User Image
Initial Thoughts: Well aren't you just a creepy little thing. Kind of reminds me of Aliens.
Strengths: I think everything here is pretty balanced. Just the right amounts of each colors in each area.
Weaknesses: I kind of wish it wasn't in the sitting position. Also, a scary background would've made this a little more interesting.
Final Thoughts: You've done well here and in the past. I think jazzing up things with a background would help you out. You've got some major potential!

Seventh
Never Give Up

User Image
Initial Thoughts: I almost added this one to my favorites.
Strengths: I like the colors and the flow of the avatar. The items you've chosen are excellent. I can see the story.
Weaknesses: Well, one item I'm not too keen on. The roses on her head. I see this really tough looking chick then I see the roses... not so tough anymore to me. Even though they're black and roses are thorny, it just throws me off a little bit.
Final Thoughts: That one item is why she wasn't in my favorites. Otherwise you've done well. Not bad for your second entry, I see you going far.

Eighth
LoN: Contessa Ishtar

User Image
Initial Thoughts: This should've been first. In my opinion it was the best avatar of the whole week.
Strengths: I adore that mix of that blue and the red! The items you've chosen and the way you've layered them it excellent! And of course the scene just sets everything!
Weaknesses: None!!
Final Thoughts: I know you haven't had a win in a long time and I think you definitely deserved one for this. Like I said, should've been first place.

Ninth
MdA: Lady with a Secret

User Image
Initial Thoughts: I'm really creeped out at the thought of an older women being a whore.
Strengths: I can see the story in this avatar and while it makes me feel uncomfortable, this is a major strength.
Weaknesses: You know, looking at this avatar again, I'm wondering why it got into my favorites. There are a couple things that are a little off. Notably, the black and orange feathers on her head and how the gold isn't very balanced throughout the avatar.
Final Thoughts: Still a great avatar in my eyes. You have no need to worry, you are a talented one.

Tenth
Shoppin'!!

User Image
Initial Thoughts: I'm not going to lie, i kind of liked this one. An avatar after my own heart!
Strengths: The item combo is nice, she definitely look like a fashionista!
Weaknesses: I do wish the colors matched a little better and were balanced.
Final Thoughts: All in all, this isn't a bad way to round out the top ten

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
R_e_s_e_r_v_e_d

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
R_e_s_e_r_v_e_d

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
R_e_s_e_r_v_e_d

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
I'm gonna like it here. biggrin

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Lunae Astris

I'm excited for a new thread! I think I needed a fresh start to keep the critiquing up.

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
Naramaru
Lunae Astris

I'm excited for a new thread! I think I needed a fresh start to keep the critiquing up.

I can see how someone can get burnt out. It's easy to do.

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Lunae Astris
I can see how someone can get burnt out. It's easy to do.

I think it's just because I didn't like my old thread after awhile.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff