Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Consumer

11,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Hive Mind 200
Okay I understand down-voting for item sets. But where should the line be drawn exactly? When people are down-voting avatars who have coordinated items so well that it looks like a set.
Amahoshi

uhh i don't like cosplay Avis with that Vampire-Potion thrown in =w=
i saw once a Sailormoon with that vampire potion used on it.
it's just ugly.
overall, i haven't seen many good avtars using that potion.. <w<

also those BlackButler, Naruto, Bleach Cosplays.. all that Mainstream-Stuff.
Also those gangster/rally avatars or the random cluttered Avis with expensive stuff on it.

And so on, and so on...

You pretty much read my mind.

And I was definitely making emotion_donotwant face thinking of that Sailormoon avatar description.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I'm sick of shitty avatars that were obviously just made to show off the user's expensive item(s). Yeah, I don't CARE that it took you 6 months to get those demon horns, it doesn't make your avatar good! cat_scream

I'm also ******** tired of cosplays that don't post a reference pic. Srsly. Not everyone knows the character, and no one wants to go out of their way to find a picture matching it. Just as annoying, or perhaps even moreso, are cosplays missing a crucial item. As in, something that makes the character recognizable. I don't CARE that you couldn't afford the Masquerade EI, if you're going to do a Rogue cosplay, you NEED to have those white bangs for it to match.

Gracious Phantom

marshmallowcreampie
I'm sick of shitty avatars that were obviously just made to show off the user's expensive item(s). Yeah, I don't CARE that it took you 6 months to get those demon horns, it doesn't make your avatar good! cat_scream

I'm also ******** tired of cosplays that don't post a reference pic. Srsly. Not everyone knows the character, and no one wants to go out of their way to find a picture matching it. Just as annoying, or perhaps even moreso, are cosplays missing a crucial item. As in, something that makes the character recognizable. I don't CARE that you couldn't afford the Masquerade EI, if you're going to do a Rogue cosplay, you NEED to have those white bangs for it to match.

Fully agree with this, it has happened too many times in the cosplay arena where I want to vote for an avatar but have no idea where the character is from, sometimes I do look up a reference of my own if it looks interesting enough. Also the fact that some people buy the cheaper less identical variant of an item also bugs me, I mean if you can't afford the items to make it perfect and you know that it won't be perfect beforehand then why bother submitting it, just save up more gold and submit later.

Timid Nerd

I dont like those avis like you see everywhere in the rallies....
you know the ones with the lusty skin, ninja headbands,
cigars/long drags/Kiserus, tattoos and then just a bunch of random
expensive stuff that looks like it was just thrown on.... -.-' those
avis just irritate me so much >:c

I also hate the overdone avis you see in the cosplay arenas...
like the Ciel phantomhive ones.... Luffy from one piece.... Link.....
I mean I dont care if they cosplay these overdone characters...
but at least put some originality in them, they just all look EXACTLY the same
gonk

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Alistair Arborstone

Fully agree with this, it has happened too many times in the cosplay arena where I want to vote for an avatar but have no idea where the character is from, sometimes I do look up a reference of my own if it looks interesting enough. Also the fact that some people buy the cheaper less identical variant of an item also bugs me, I mean if you can't afford the items to make it perfect and you know that it won't be perfect beforehand then why bother submitting it, just save up more gold and submit later.

Oh, tell me about it. It's one thing if you can't afford the white dog buddy that resembles one the character sometimes associates with. (though in those cases, it's best to cut the dog out of the reference picture) But if it's CRUCIAL to the cosplay, something that makes the character recognizable, either get the item or don't do the cosplay.

Moonlight Hunter

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Really, the only cosplays I don't like are the ones that are overdone. If you're entering a character that's been done before and won, your entry better be superior to the aforementioned winner.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
marshmallowcreampie

THIIIIISSS! This so much.

One time I came across a cosplay of Hermione (which was way off) with no reference picture, and there was one comment by one of the voters who said "a reference pic isn't needed because everyone knows about Harry Potter unless you've been living under a rock." Sorry buddy, but not everyone is a HP fan.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Sakura Parfait

THIIIIISSS! This so much.

One time I came across a cosplay of Hermione (which was way off) with no reference picture, and there was one comment by one of the voters who said "a reference pic isn't needed because everyone knows about Harry Potter unless you've been living under a rock." Sorry buddy, but not everyone is a HP fan.

Not to mention, most people aren't going to remember every detail of the outfit. Maybe they're not really refusing to post a pic out of laziness, maybe they just don't want us to notice that they're not using the right eyes, shoes, and hairstyle. cat_rofl Really, I like Harry Potter, I've seen all the movies, but I'm not gonna remember what shoes she wears with her school robes. It's even worse when someone is cosplaying a character in a certain situation, where they're in a different area and/or wearing a different outfit than usual. The only way it gets dumber is when they don't TELL you that it's supposed to be from a certain scene and then they get all bitchy at you when you don't acknowledge that.

Friendly Explorer

9,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Naruto, Bleach, and those other characters that are cosplayed so much.
No references
When they pick a picture and it looks nothing like their avatar.
A new one I seen once. One cheated used a reference as their cosplay of their own character. It's like wow really?
Simple pictures and simple avatars [Come on Dragon Ball characters are WAY to easy to make. Stop being lazy and make it a challenge.]
Ones that say they can't upload a picture and tell you to google it.

I think that's it. xd
The ones that spend more entering the arenas than on their attire.

Golden Warrior

20,325 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
such an easy answer!!
Links and Sailor Moons xp
Avies like mine with slippers that don't fit
Avies that have been copied
Random avies without name/desciption
Avies covered with cheap pet items
Stuff said up there c:

I like avies with expensive item(s) that actually looks good, not everyone uses expensive items to look rich

Star Phantom

As a parallel to real life, people tend to like stupid avatars that look good biggrin

Beloved Friend

8,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • First step to fame 200
Jera Audron
I AM IRRITATED AT THE LACK OF PONIES IN THE ARENA!

D<

Also the amount of Links are TOO damn HIGH!

Ponies are a bit difficult to pull off lol. And I agree, the links must STOP!
As well as the sailor moon, bleach, and other stuff that everyone does.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff