Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Conventioneer

VVhip
Faek
Sparkling Erythrocyte
Avatars that are a mess of starter items and shop commons... with a couple of midrange or EI's on there... with the title "This is mai avveh" or somesuch.

Those... I don't even click on an avi with that title.

That sounds like my avis, 'cept I don't enter them for fear of being bashed xD
User Image

Noooo, yours are great! I'll show you what I mean:

For the girls:
USAGI KITSUNE NEKO

User Image
This is mah avveh, she is a vampire. But she's sakura's sister. that's why she has the kunai. And she hates everyone and is sad. And she doesn't like that angel imp because she likes to kill them. Oh and sasuke loves her. ANd she is a dragon huyunter. And verreh sexah. But as if u would know.

For the guys:
My Avvie

User Image
I made it just before.

Do. Not. Like. I call these waste of space entries.
Also: Budget cosplay. If you cannot afford it, do not attempt it. Easy enough.

Stellar Succubus

THE WHlTE QUEEN
VVhip
Faek
Sparkling Erythrocyte
Avatars that are a mess of starter items and shop commons... with a couple of midrange or EI's on there... with the title "This is mai avveh" or somesuch.

User Image

For the girls:
USAGI KITSUNE NEKO

User Image
This is mah avveh, she is a vampire. But she's sakura's sister. that's why she has the kunai. And she hates everyone and is sad. And she doesn't like that angel imp because she likes to kill them. Oh and sasuke loves her. ANd she is a dragon huyunter. And verreh sexah. But as if u would know.

For the guys:
My Avvie

User Image
I made it just before.

I have to say I agree. Though some people choose to use a cheaper item in lieu of a more expensive item because they believe it to be better or more representative.

But I know the sort you mean...

Link
User Image

Sailor Moon
User Image

Naruto
User Image

Princess Zelda
User Image

Pikachu
User Image

These are just some of the glorious possibilities.

Dedicated Conventioneer

VVhip
THE WHlTE QUEEN
VVhip
Faek
Sparkling Erythrocyte

User Image

For the girls:
USAGI KITSUNE NEKO

User Image

For the guys:
My Avvie

User Image
I made it just before.

I have to say I agree. Though some people choose to use a cheaper item in lieu of a more expensive item because they believe it to be better or more representative.

But I know the sort you mean...

Link
User Image

Sailor Moon
User Image

Naruto
User Image

Princess Zelda
User Image

Pikachu
User Image

These are just some of the glorious possibilities.

Those make me twitch. The worst of it is when they do a budget cosplay of overdone entries. I suppose those would be labeled waste of space too....

Dapper Gaian

8,925 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Elocutionist 200
So, is it quantity over quality or vica versa.

Would you rather have someone spend a lot of money on their arena entry or use cheap items, but still be able to make it work? Everyone hear seems to be juggling the cost and use of cheap items and the way items are layered...

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
i'd rather use a combination that WORKS.
Cosplays that are too lazy to change the eyes.
I wanted to enter mine as a blue mage, but I didn't want to look like the people you guys aforementioned. lol

Slumbering Tengu

Cosplays that have placed before
Okay so times change and more items are created to cosplay said character now
Cool, I'm okay with a person placing here

I've got old Malificent cosplays from years past and it's kinda fun to see how the cosplay has changed
However I'm sick of seeing a certain character pop up every couple of weeks
when the one that placed before was good enough

Oh wow another Cloud/Naruto/Link/Roxas/Sailor Moon/ect
Also on the topic of Sailor Moon I'm also sick of cheap cosplays
As said before if you're too cheap to afford the items to do it right don't do it
But of course it's gotta actually look like the thing being cosplayed it's surprising how much better some commons look then uncommons when trying to become more exact

On a non-cosplay avatar note, I'm sick of black and white avatars and ******** neutral
and of course the ever popular "meh avi" avatar that I'm seeing a lot of talk about

4,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Avatars that looked like they've just raided the cash shop for all the most expensive items. AND I'M SICK OF B&W AVATARS.

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
Prince Trase
So, is it quantity over quality or vica versa.

Would you rather have someone spend a lot of money on their arena entry or use cheap items, but still be able to make it work? Everyone hear seems to be juggling the cost and use of cheap items and the way items are layered...

Personally I believe for cosplays if it's within your expense to make your cosplay as accurate and effective as possible then you shouldn't decide to cut corners. But what I find irritating are cosplayers who though already have the desired cosplay within their budget; yet glorify the cosplay with a clearly unnecessary expense. Cosplays that often use the Blessing items, Ancient Katana, and Gogh's reed usually seem to be the common cause of this issue.

As for originals expense isn't everything, but people (voters) lately are far to easily captivated by expensive items that revolves around an easily outplayed color scheme.
Another god damn Cubone is in the arena. ARG!

I wouldn't mind Cubone entries if they didn't use the same T-Rex Suit all the time.

Cryptid Prince's Princess

Mythical Protagonist

Lolz, so harsh.

I've entered in the arena, and I tried to come up with something more original and sort of funny, not just all "DERP LOOK AT ME I'M ALL PINK AND SPARKLY SO I WIN"

Most of the time I just enter my avi as it is if I think it looks okay and I see what my average rating is, but most people just spam 1 star on every entry because they want to win xP

I ABSOLUTELY hate seeing the same Avi's that have nothing but aquarium items on it and that radiant sword along with Sonic on the bottom. |:<

I'd try tekteking the avi that I mean, but it's so incredibly awful that I just cant't

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Avatars with companion items for no reason. I once saw an entry that had all these companion animals around for no real reason among a avatar going for a dark look.
Anything with mostly Porcelina items in.

And also, unfortunately because I love(d) this item to bits, the mask from the Checkmate/Checkmate Void items is starting to really tick me off, especially when it's just bunged on there. ; ;

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
Cosplays that tend to abuse occular items for set trend cosplay references.

Essentially Square enix cosplays that always use Fremere's Guard, and high budget cosplays that unnecessarily abuse Blessing items as a show of their expense.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff