Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Kain-Senpai
E3 is starting their pre-show goodness. I finished watching what Ubisoft has to offer. Assassin's Creed 3 is looking awesome, and I'm looking forward to Watch_Dogs. PlayStation is going to start in a hour.

Are some of the Staff watching it? If so, what are you guys looking forward to?

I just really want the new Tomb Raider to be out already. Bah to having wait until March 2013. eek

- Sisky

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
What are you doing to replenish old RIG commons that you haven't reissued? Some of them are getting hard to find, and because they were cheap in the first place they were susceptible to artificial inflation. People are AI'ing Strawberry Shortcake Queen of Cups, Chocolate Crepe, Buttercream Rose, and Leek. The first three are important because they're needed to craft Cupcake Confection.

Scurvy Pirate

Ren Orenji Doragon
Hello AtA! I hope everyone is having a nice day. c:

I actually have several questions today.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
May we please get Voice Fonts removed from the in-game zOMG! shop? Vivox has been discontinued, therefore having these in the shop is pointless.

Thanks for bringing this up! We'll go ahead and toss this over to the guys responsible for zOMG and see if we can get it straightened out!

Astral Witch

31,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
siskataya
Kain-Senpai
E3 is starting their pre-show goodness. I finished watching what Ubisoft has to offer. Assassin's Creed 3 is looking awesome, and I'm looking forward to Watch_Dogs. PlayStation is going to start in a hour.

I just really want the new Tomb Raider to be out already. Bah to having wait until March 2013. eek

- Sisky
I haft to say I was never into Tomb Raider but this new game might just change that. 3nodding

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Hi admins, devs, and mods.

1) Will gaia have new bathing suits in gold shops this year?
2) Will there be more gaia and zOMG! events this year?
3) Why was it decided to never update zOMG! ever again as mentioned in a previous ata?

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
biglanky14
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
Evening, staff.

I think that the school credit exchange needs an update. Can you give us new items to exchange the credits for? A person can only collect so many caps and gowns.

Hi Lady Aji,

I have to admit that's not something I've thought about for awhile. There are some other bigger things we need to punch through before getting to this, but it's a totally valid point.
Thanks for the reply.

Greedy Fatcat

Beemie
Hi all!

I just wondered if anyone knows how many different items there are on Gaia? I'm thinking it must be several thousands. I was just curious.

Love,
Beemie

It's a bit of a trick question because "items" also includes all of the base models (skin, etc), some test/debug stuff, templates, etc.

mysql> select count(*) from gaia_items;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
| 47886 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select count(*) from gaia_gameitems;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
| 779 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Answer: a s**t ton

EDIT: Actually, I have a better answer. Marketplace holds almost all of the inventory items. There are 21,712 on Marketplace search.

Dapper Dabbler

Babymetal Monochrome
Get well soon, lanzer! Kick sniffles in the a**!

1: Is Ruby the Wing Scout Mother for the kids at the Treehouse sticker shop, when she's not running her shop?

2: Is Edmund going to settle down with Vanessa, anytime soon, and start a family of his own; before it's too late?

3: Has Rina gotten stuck in any vending machines, lately?

4: How on Gaia does Moira's band, Nervegas Crisis get anything done without her, since Moira's always running her shop?

To all staff:
Do you have a favorite forum on Gaia where you spend the most time?

Hi Babymetal,

Ha - I cannot answer these questions, as they are kept under lock and key by our writers, smile

I generally hang out in a few forums - SF, here in the GCD, and various Entertainment and Sports forums.

Fashionable Hoarder

Babymetal Monochrome

To all staff:
Do you have a favorite forum on Gaia where you spend the most time?
ALL staff, you say? I can answer this! I lurk Q&A but rarely post unless I see something that I can answer/needs attention. I used to be a regular at the Fishing Forum and Gaia Gaming Discussion, and while I still maintain threads there, I haven't really participated in the community in a while. I still think of those areas fondly though and consider Fishing my "home" forum. :3

Dapper Dabbler

Meromictic
I wish Lazer well. c:

Some time ago you asked us to give our opinion about 3 possible projects. The art shop directory, forum titles, and thread wars. Will any of those be making the to do list? :o

Hi Meromictic,

We'll pass the word along to Lanzer smile

Yup - the shop directory is something we'd like to do, but it'll be a longer-term project because it requires a ton of work. The Forum Titles is the most likely one we could get done in the short term. Glad you saw that thread, btw!

Precious Nerd

Beemie
Hi all!

I just wondered if anyone knows how many different items there are on Gaia? I'm thinking it must be several thousands. I was just curious.

Love,
Beemie

There are currently 47,900 item entered into the system. However it doesn't separate out different types. There are a lot of stuff in the mix like bundles, boxes, housing, envelopes, flowers, trash, CI stages... etc. Actual number is probably closer to 40,000 individual items.

Greedy Fatcat

milkbun
Beemie
Hi all!

Love,
Beemie

There are currently 47,900 item entered into the system. However it doesn't separate out different types. There are a lot of stuff in the mix like bundles, boxes, housing, envelopes, flowers, trash, CI stages... etc. Actual number is probably closer to 40,000 individual items.

21,712 on Marketplace search which is only missing a handful of things like hair/tattoos. Maybe 25k?

Destructive Lunatic

Kain-Senpai

Watching E3, rather disappointed with what I've seen so far. Microsoft's and EA's conferences were stupidly dismal and Ubisoft's was mildly interesting but still just as bad for the most parrt. Watch_Dogs looks rather promising though, rather interested in that one.

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
*lurks and starts putting slices of pineapple pie with meringue on plates with a fork included*

Dapper Dabbler

Mashed Potato Jones

I'm just here to lurk. Be sure to wish those who have runny noses a speedy recovery for me, biglanky. Nothing stinks more than being sick...

Hey MPJ,

Yeah, I think he'll be ok. He's probably out fishing or something.... smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas