Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

Hi everyone,

Welcome to this week's ATA! We'll be starting right about 5pm PT as usual, and be hanging out for 60-90 minutes.

We're going to be a little shorthanded since Lanzer has the sniffles and a few other regulars are off letting their non-Gaia lives interfere with the awesomeness that is ATA. But we'll do our best to still answer as many questions as possible!

Because we get a lot of repeat questions, here are a couple of answers ahead of time.

When is the manga coming back? We're aiming for the week of the 18th - we don't want to leave you guys hanging too long. In the meantime, we're going to try to have a little treat for you, but that's all I can say about that.

Alchemy updates? Nothing really to talk about at the moment. The items in Dernier Cri will be available again (likely this month), and we're definitely still looking at a lot of options. But there's nothing new to report at the moment.

zOMG fixes? They're still working on the bug fixes (and we got a few out recently). Keep posting in the forum so they can see the priority. And we are indeed looking at whether we will open up DMS more often.

What's going on with offers? We know that you guys want more offers to be available, so we're trying a few new companies out to see how they do. We're running some tests on them, and really appreciate you guys being patient with this. Hopefully we'll end up with some good long-term partners that will provide plenty of offers to both our US and international users.

Thanks for joining us today!
Look forward to seeing the Dernier*Cri items back in the shop soon ninja

Also, any word on changing the odds of getting some of those highly needed but impossible to get from cases formulas like ectoplasm and moonstone? Worlds Suckiest Vendor has opened close to 200 cases and not gotten a single ectoplasm, red mercury, moonstone, sunstone formula. If they're in the case then the odds of getting one must be about as low as the quest formulas themselves. And considering that you need anywhere from 7 to 11 of each of those formulas to finish a quest, that's not really a good thing.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Evening, staff.

I think that the school credit exchange needs an update. Can you give us new items to exchange the credits for? A person can only collect so many caps and gowns.

Fashionable Explorer

11,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
first post!!

Astral Witch

31,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
I have a few questions I was hoping to get answered today so I hope you don't mind.

1. an detail to I would like to bring up in Alchemy why does it take so much more to make a Alchemist's Case then the Philosopher's Cache thou they both were at the beginning the same difficulty to make as it is formulas is 4x more then the Caches and with how rare formulas are getting and the rare ones are newly impossible to get, would it not be a quick easy fix to make a small change to how much the case needs in items to make it to get more out the which will lower the the crazy inflated prices and will maybe give a chance to every one to get a item they want from alchemy not just richer the the community on gaia...

as it is in alchemy the wing quests themselves are owned only by at most a dozen people leaving thous Gaiaes how don't have hundreds of mil to wast and hope maybe I'll can get some wings...in a few YEARS!!!
ow and one more smaller note whats with Dernier*Cri items being in the formulas was it not stead that every one would get a chance at getting them these items are crazy price I not realy wanting wings it it takes 10mil pulse in just bigger items!?!

2. just a little last question what happen to the Masters Pendent it was leaked long ago will we be seeing it this year you think?

3rd and last what of the Wii contest?

A Furry

33,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hop, Hop, BOOM 500
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
Hello AtA! I hope everyone is having a nice day. c:

I actually have several questions today.

• User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    May we please get Voice Fonts removed from the in-game zOMG! shop? Vivox has been discontinued, therefore having these in the shop is pointless.

• May we please get a fix to the Recipe Exchange in Back Alley Bargains? Gaia Gold does not display properly there.

• If we can't get a fix to the Recipe exchange, may we just get the whole shebang moved over to the Alchemy system? ( I understand that there may be many issues with this [ e.g.: "how to convert a level-less system to a system with levels" ] from a lot of people, but it's an idea. o3o )

• Would it be possible to add zOMG! Badges to the Achievement system? I would absolutely love to display my Badges underneath my Avatar on the forums. emotion_kirakira

• Random mini-event loot. ( AirShark Plating, LawnShark Blade, Grucken Feather, Zen Charm, Loose Screw, Alien Egg Sac, Biomorphic Power Cell, Spirit Pyre Rune ) Would it be possible to add this stuff back into zOMG! and add it to Alchemy formulae?
    Actually, from what I understand, one of these pieces of loot is already in an Alchemy formula somewhere. ._.;;

• May we get more zOMG! loot from higher areas ( Saw Blade, Kevlar, Walker Leg Tip, Surfboard Fin, Jewel Eye, Pearl, Blood Droplet, etc. ) added to Alchemy please? owo

Extra emphasis on the points in bold font. o;

Romantic Genius

Hello everyone.

I have a few questions today I'd like to ask.

1.. Can we please have an option to purchase quantity in gold shops? Like there is in the Ole fishing hole? Box appears, we add quantity of how much we want from that item. Especially now with Alchemy and the amount of items that are needed. To be able to put down how many we need certainly speeds things up, rather than clicking that item a million times. sweatdrop

2.. Not sure whether it's just me or not, but when I'm in Towns, and I want to enter someone's house. It loads to 100% and that's it. Nothing more happens, it just freezes to that loading point. So in order to get out, I need to close that window. gonk

3.. And speaking of houses, after decorating my house, and then pressing the save button. It does not save. It just freezes at that point and that's it. Once again because I'm stuck while it's frozen the only way out is to close that window. So my home and it's decorations are not saved. stressed

4.. Want a freshly made Pancake?

Thank you for taking time to answer these questions. biggrin

PS, Completed level 10 of Alchemy. sweatdrop

PPS...Please make the backwings easier to obtain. crying
Get well soon, lanzer! Kick sniffles in the a**!

1: Is Ruby the Wing Scout Mother for the kids at the Treehouse sticker shop, when she's not running her shop?

2: Is Edmund going to settle down with Vanessa, anytime soon, and start a family of his own; before it's too late?

3: Has Rina gotten stuck in any vending machines, lately?

4: How on Gaia does Moira's band, Nervegas Crisis get anything done without her, since Moira's always running her shop?

To all staff:
Do you have a favorite forum on Gaia where you spend the most time?

Casrial's Bae

Salty Titan

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I wish Lazer well. c:

Some time ago you asked us to give our opinion about 3 possible projects. The art shop directory, forum titles, and thread wars. Will any of those be making the to do list? :o

Malevolent Gaian

I'm just here to lurk. Be sure to wish those who have runny noses a speedy recovery for me, biglanky. Nothing stinks more than being sick...

Dapper Dabbler

Constipated Trillionaire
Look forward to seeing the Dernier*Cri items back in the shop soon ninja

Also, any word on changing the odds of getting some of those highly needed but impossible to get from cases formulas like ectoplasm and moonstone? Worlds Suckiest Vendor has opened close to 200 cases and not gotten a single ectoplasm, red mercury, moonstone, sunstone formula. If they're in the case then the odds of getting one must be about as low as the quest formulas themselves. And considering that you need anywhere from 7 to 11 of each of those formulas to finish a quest, that's not really a good thing.

Hey CT,

No real update on that other than the same thing I said before - that's definitely something we're looking at (although I can't promise any specific action). Sorry I can't do better.

Aged Genius

Princess-Orphelia
Hello everyone.

I have a few questions today I'd like to ask.

1.. Can we please have an option to purchase quantity in gold shops? Like there is in the Ole fishing hole? Box appears, we add quantity of how much we want from that item. Especially now with Alchemy and the amount of items that are needed. To be able to put down how many we need certainly speeds things up, rather than clicking that item a million times. sweatdrop

2.. Not sure whether it's just me or not, but when I'm in Towns, and I want to enter someone's house. It loads to 100% and that's it. Nothing more happens, it just freezes to that loading point. So in order to get out, I need to close that window. gonk

3.. And speaking of houses, after decorating my house, and then pressing the save button. It does not save. It just freezes at that point and that's it. Once again because I'm stuck while it's frozen the only way out is to close that window. So my home and it's decorations are not saved. stressed

4.. Want a freshly made Pancake?

Thank you for taking time to answer these questions. biggrin

For #s 2 and 3. Hmm. Seems like maybe it is reacting to something in your house or account. Pm me, and I'll check it out first thing in the morning.

Diligent Bibliophile

15,150 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
I usually say nothing at ATA's except for the cake thing, but I want to mention a few concerns that I have today. Spoiler tags are being used to make the post shorter, or at least appear as such. When you open them, you should be able to see what I have written for each concern that I have.

1) About the Avatar Arena Coming To Be Update ['IMPORTANT']:
I'm going to be honest and say what's on my mind, and I hope that I am being clear when I do. Please, please, PLEASE tell me that the changes you are making to the arena ARE NOT due to that ONE THREAD in Site Feedback (or rather, second thread by the same OP). There were many suggestions/posts in that thread that were bias and one-sided. In other words, it was a concern for REGS of the arena
(in addition, many of the posters are even regs of SF- how is that small thread a 'conclusion' of what others think of the Avatar Arnea (AA)? It shouldn't be.)
and not fair for people all around. When the other thread was created by the creator, there were many things I mentioned that have not been answered and/or ignored. So, the OP blocked me from further posting,
(and their reason is for being 'dense'; funny, I saw it as them being special snowflakes as they call others in the arena)
and when the new thread was created, I could not post in the thread due to being blocked by the OP nor could I reply to the dev that did post there (was it Kenny?), otherwise- I would have made my voice very clear and 'loud'
(and hopping onto a mule account is a no-no etc., so I didn't do that either- even if I wanted to)
. And I can't imagine how many others were blocked by the OP for the exact same reason(s). Again, I find it funny that they call others 'can't handle critique'/'special snowflakes' and I have pretty much done/proven that they are the same thing- seems they can't handle mine either. emotion_awesome But seriously, for this update that is coming up, is this based on various opinions from various threads or was it due to that one thread by a reg of the AA, whom is bias about various things concerning the AA?

I just want this to be clear, because from what I have read and how fast this is going on when other things should/could be...higher priority, it just doesn't seem right. I guess to TL;DR this: Please don't let these new changes be created just so that the REGS of the AA can and will have 'full control' of the AA. The OP of that thread have mentioned that 'non-regs' have a problem with it too- yet there was no proof of this, from what I have read, it's only a problem with regs, not non-regs or casual people as the OP try to claim it as such. Because bottom line of their problem- is that 'terrible' avatars are winning (based on their definition of 'terrible') and that there is plain laziness going on from their own end. In others words- they want solutions/'stuff handed to them on a silver platter' from you guys, but refuse to do anything for themselves even when alternate solutions have been given and CAN be done. To me, that is no different then a harassment case; where the user has to block the user and then report them if it continues (or rather refuses to block them). Or when a person loses their account due to scamming despite the precautions/warnings that we have and refuses to report what happened to them but rather complain to their 'friends' and ask for handouts etc. There are many others similar problems/examples I can come up with. neutral

If these changes must be put into effect, can you guys please create a thread in SF about what they are/might be and ask for opinions from various people? Just like you guys have done with the idea project thread and the calendar one. This way, there is various opinions about it and not from a specific group that is bias to begin with; though, it'll be nice to spread the word about it in dev alerts too, that way, those outside of SF will see it as well (at least most)- as the calender one has proven to do.

2) Spoiler Tags: Thanks for the spoiler tags! I REALLY appreciate them!
Seriously, thanks guys! This is awesome!

3) CAAAAAKE!:
Why must you torture me with cake!? I'm happy that the Owlpocalypse finale had cake and that there is a new REI that involves cake, but I would love it if you guys could put regular cake in the GS. emo To be specific, Buttercup Cafe. Just to let you know, I have no money/GC, so each time any item that is released on Gaia that is costing money, I don't buy it with cash anyway because I don't have it (unless I spend days/hours/weeks/months on doing offers). xd So you're pretty much missing out on me buying it, you're 'biggest' cake fan! surprised But seriously, PLEEEEEEASE add cake to the Buttercup Cafe?

Here is a thread on that: Y NO CAKE? crying (Item Request/Recolor; w/EXAMPLES) [/shamelessly self advertisement]

Hopefully any artists that are lurking will see this...or bring it up to them please. ninja And please, get it right this time- Gold Shop, not Cash Shop! emotion_donotwant (Seriously, I want to hoard GS cakes and gift them away too as B-Day gifts- so pretty please!?)

[POST 1]

Fashionable Explorer

11,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
hi, i would appreciate it if there could be an option if you can possibly click on a link on my gaia where it shows all the Gifts you have sent to your friends. that way if anyone has been hacked, or scammed, you can see who you sent the items to. or if anything to just have it as a convenience. i would really appreciate it!! mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff