Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

Hi everyone,

Welcome to this week's Ask The Admin! We'll be starting right at 5pm PT, and will be here until about 6:15-6:30pm PT.

A couple of notes before we begin:

-We're a little shorthanded today as Lanzer had a sick pet emergency (sounds like everything is ok), so thanks for being patient. As always we'll get to as many questions as we can, but based strictly on volume we can't get to everything.

-We got a good number of questions about CrossStitch last week. We are indeed working on the results (although there isn't public voting this time). Stay tuned for more stuff on this soon.

-We are still working on reducing the amount of chance involved in the Philosopher's Cache within Alchemy, and how we can give you guys some degree of choice over what you get. We made some good progress last week, and hopefully will have something for you there soon as well.

-If you haven't checked it out already, I still have my thread running in SF on a few potential new ideas we could pursue. Chime in with your feedback!

-Finally, we have gotten some questions about how we choose which posts to respond to. There really isn't a magic formula - we try to get to as many as possible, we look for questions that haven't already been answered several times, and that generally represent questions that we think much of the community would have. On the flip side, we probably will ignore questions/comments that are overly abusive or basically a rant.

I hope you guys are enjoying the Easter event! Those chocolate Diedrichs are far too fast for me....

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Just stalk the event forum for chocolate threads... ninja
And you should totally remember to lock these threads. wink heart

Dapper Dabbler

Crystal Sparda
Just stalk the event forum for chocolate threads... ninja
And you should totally remember to lock these threads. wink heart

Ha - rookie mistake!

Thanks smile

How about rotating the items in Dernier Cri a little more often now that you're asking for them in the quest formulas?

It's bad enough that you're asking for several items that cost several million in the store, but then you ask for an item like the smouldering helm. They're harder to find than the quest formulas themselves, as far as I can tell it's been over a year since it was last in the Dernier Cri.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Evening, staff. Below is a statement that somebody posted in Site Feedback that I think is a good example of some of the unprofessionalism that takes place in Gaia HQ.

Quote:
I have known about this for a while now and have taken some good honest time to think on this so that when I responded it wouldn't be out of anger and frustration.

Leaving an area clearly glitched and another unfinished is nothing new when people develop games. It happens all the time to companies that want to have their very own "cool, flashy, original" game however, most of those games do not practically fall to their knees throwing out items or make a "participation" bar all based on their users spending money for the product. That is the mistake that Gaia HQ has made. They allowed developers to come up with an amazing BETA game that continued to have a solid following always ready for the next challenge, only the HQ let down the community and those who worked hard on this amazing game.

I often wonder what kind of people run a business. It requires someone(s) who is able to understand the people that work for them and those who use their product. In the case of Gaia it has always been clear that they are disconnected from each and every person in their offices and outside of them.

I don't pretend to know anything about their yearly income, but I will say that it is likely higher than we even know. The cash offers that we do for "free" GC generates them money, ALL the items that people have purchased for zOMG generates them money, the MC and EIs generates them money, the cash shop itself with all the other items generates them money, the chance items generates them money, people buying items from the gold shops with cash generates them money. I find myself questioning HOW a project like zOMG suffers when there is so much more income than many think about, and that is with me likely forgetting a few other incomes they have.

They were able to pay for a full staffs salary with just MC earnings once upon a time, there is no reason that I see (feel free to show me REAL proof against it) that they cannot have people even working part-time on zOMG to not only fix these glitches (I have been stuck with the DMS one for so long I have nearly lost interest) and continue working on new content.

You say you need MORE people to take an interest in the game, why should they when the people really in charge of the game won't take an interest in them?

I honest to goodness feel for the artists and developers of zOMG. They do not nor did not deserve to see their hard work shoved aside.

Another thing I want to bring up is this thread. If those posts were actually made by a Gaia employee, they need to be fired.

Also, can you make it so that people who own the B.O.O. and S.I.N. skins can either trash them or place them in storage? I’m tired of seeing the B.O.O. skin in my inventory and I want to get rid of it.

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
Can you please make the Lawn Gnome Figure recipe a farmable drop? The Tire Dress formula requires four of them, and the only way to get them is through Daily Chance or through a one time grant in zOMG. Putting them in Daily Chance is not enough. I would like for them to be farmable because everything else in P3 Gear and Tire Dress are farmable. I don't care if you only have General Mayhem dropping the recipe, I will do everything I can to get to level 4 in alchemy. I'm just saying it would be very convenient to be able to get the recipes myself instead of buying them in the marketplace. I need 320 of them because I need to craft 80 Tire Dresses for 40 P3 Gears.

Also how exactly are you giving us somewhat of a choice for the Philosopher's Caches? Will you take some of the chance out of the Golden Magical Giftboxes and the Alchemist's Cases too?

Invisible Cat

Hi staff!

my questions are:

1. Can we one a mini event where we have a new news reporter that's more "fair and balanced"?

2. Is lanzer's pet ok?

3. When does the Zomg event end?

Distinct Explorer

1: Where did Meili inherit his tiger blood and ability to transform, from; his mother; Gaia, or his unknown father?

2: Is Gambino was brought back time and time again, can Meili get a turn to come back, if he really, really, REALLY is dead? I'd think the son of THE GODDESS, Gaia deserves a free Phoenix Feather, since he's way more important than Johnny Gambino – a greedy; self-serving, egotistical, god-complex, deadbeat dad of a human ever was.

3: Does Meili have any siblings, or is he an only child?

4: Is Mama Gaia just going to sit back and accept Meili's death (if he really is dead), and not go apeshit apocalypse on the world; or at least on Zhivago, for killing Meili?

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

I ditched my post style temporarily... ninja

1. Is there any way we can get rule updates for most/all the forums?
I ask because there has been cases where rules aren't specific enough, causing users to believe certain rules mean something other than what their true meaning is.
Also, it would be nice to be able to discuss the state of a forum with just those forum members and not have it go to the GCD or Chatterbox for discussing the actual forum. If we want to discuss forum-specific matters with only that forum, we don't want the whole GCD giving rants and raves about the topic when they don't exactly know the backstory. So, would admin do rule updates, or is it something that needs to just be discussed with the specific forum mods?

2. OHMYGAWD, I managed to get enough rainbow diedrichs yesterday to get my first set of event items! Why is there no rainbow Diedrich in the flock of Diedrichs item? Why no Easter Bunny costume in the Treehouse? I dearly love the items we did get, but kinda clueless as to why EB wasn't made when there has been love shown for him a lot lately.

3. Who ate the most chocolate diedrichs bunnies for Easter yesterday? xd

Ummm... yeah... I couldn't remember the real questions I was gonna ask, so this post was half-assed. I wouldn't blame ya if you skipped over it. ^w^;
Hello Staff. The first two questions are a repeat of last week since I didn't get answered but I have added a few things.

Quote:
1. I'm aware your "working on bugs before updating anything" for zOMG, it was made clear to me last ATA (now two ATA's back). But I'm still a bit curious as to if we'll "ever" (like after your done with the bugs) be getting new zOMG rings. I was kinda hoping for a new ring for the easter event til I figured out it was a repeat with nothing new.

I have like so many regular purper orbs I can't use like 5k, I'm sure plenty of people have more. It'd make sense to add more rings so they'd get a bit more used since a new area was made and all.

(Personaly I have a few ideas now of my own but they're not really needed for the question to be answers. It's just my reversed bandage idea basically a stamina healing ring powered off health, and I'd love an "ice" themed ring to freeze them or something).

2. I've noticed even though it's clearly stated on the signature page the limits/rules for signatures so many people just ignore the signature limit. I'm not saying that the signatures aren't removed as they're found, I'm just saying not enough are found. I guess it's really not that big of a deal, but why is it not more inforced?

Thank you, I hope you get the time to answer me. I'll post in the "Share your thoughts" actual thread with my feedback. I would here but I'm limited time. ^^

I edited a lot like rewording and such so aboves not a direct quote of my post in the last ATA but it's still that basic idea so you get the point. At the end there I said I'd post in the "Share your thoughts" I did after the last ATA meeting. If you haven't read it here is a direct link to my post there.

I actually don't have anything new for this week such as questions. Though I'll still be lurking around in case something comes to me. Thank you for your time.

Dapper Dabbler

Constipated Trillionaire

How about rotating the items in Dernier Cri a little more often now that you're asking for them in the quest formulas?

It's bad enough that you're asking for several items that cost several million in the store, but then you ask for an item like the smouldering helm. They're harder to find than the quest formulas themselves, as far as I can tell it's been over a year since it was last in the Dernier Cri.

Hi CT,

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll pass that along to that team.

Greedy Fatcat

Platonix
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

I highly recommend taking advantage of these threads!!! Big thanks to Platonix for doing this tirelessly. A lot of repeat questions we get in AtA are covered in past AtAs.

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
Constipated Trillionaire

This. Or offer an alternate path that doesn't require limited edition items. I remember someone mentioning in another thread that the North Kitten Star formula requires kitty fluff plushies, but those fluff bundles are no longer being sold.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff