Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
A mali
HAPPY NEW YEAR! heart

Indeed - let's hope it is an awesome year! Got New Year's Eve plans?

Ezra's Husband

Invisible Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Any thought to a feature that when you purchase something on the Marketplace, if you happen to have that item on your wishlist, it gives an option to remove it from your wishlist?

Just a thought I've had this week. Happy New Years admins, mods, and staff alike. heart

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Sakura Parfait
Tulja
User Image
Hello Admins!
My question is, do you guys have any plans of making some sort of bank system for gaia in 2013? I like the idea of having a bank, which in the end would probably be called "Bank of Gambino" since they are gaias big gold-idols. I have been thinking about it for a long time and I think its a good idea to have a bank to store our gold to promote saving up for items that would normally be hard to get. I dont know about moost people but I know for me Out of sight = out of mind! If I cant see my gold I am a lot less likely to spend it. Ive been told you can just keep a trade open with a mule character and stick money in it as you like but if I do that I want to finish the trade each time incase my account ever gets hacked or something. With a bank we could have a seperate password associated with it to make our gold sort of double-secure! Gaia could even do a sort of interest rate where each week or month the bank takes 1-2% of the total gold saved in the users bank. I would be willing to pay between 2-5% each week to have a bank.

So, any plans for a bank or anything similar to a bank?

From the FMI sticky in Site Feedback:

Quote:
Interest Earning Bank Accounts
An interest earning bank would widen the gap between richer users and not-so-rich users, something we want to avoid. We encourage everyone to earn gold from active participation on Gaia, rather than this type of passive investment. Thus, this is a feature that will not be implemented because it will impact the community negatively.

The "interest" that she mention was meant more as a tax, if you re-read the post. :3
1-5% tax from your total gold each week.
If anything, that would lower the gap, I believe.
And it would be a good gold sink.
~King Awesome

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
-x-Noxious-x-Nyx-x-
"...of the crooked timber of humanity...

The "Timid" achievement is glitched and not granting for a number of us (click here for more information). Not only is the achievement not granting, the counter is remaining at 0/11. I have filed a bug report.
Is there anything being done to resolve this glitch?

...no straight thing was ever made."

Yes. Once a bug is logged by our Quality Assurance department, we work on them as time allows. We release such fixes nearly daily.

High-functioning Detective

20,400 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Hi, ATA! Long-time reader, first-time poster. Anywho, what are your plans to ring in the new year? What are your New Year's resolutions? And what are you most anticipating in the year ahead, in both the real world and on Gaia?

Benevolent Hoarder

14,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
also, when do you guys plan on ending apocalypsmas?

Hallowed Trash

Bento the spazcat
x Aiyoku x
Why do I have to go through so much to get my GG just because I spent 100 dollars all at once? -n-
um...you shouldn't. Here's a methood I use:
1: buy RIG bundles
2: sell RIG bundles for gold.
3: just buy the items you want with the gold instead of throwing money away on a fraction of a chance at a good item.

You did not understand a single thing I said... UGH WAIT, I mean GC

Romantic Genius

Margaree
Happy New Year Eve smile

I am wondering if there is any update to the Timid Achievement for those of us it is still not working for?

Thanks emotion_kirakira

Look who I happen to bump into in here. whee

Generous Genius

siskataya
Hello everyone!

Lanzer is still away eating sushi in Japan, so I'm making the thread today!

Boy time flew by this year! Not only is this the last day of the year, it is the last ATA for 2012! eek Time flies when you are having fun, right?

We just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for helping to make this an amazing year for Gaia, and for being such awesome members. Your creativity, compassion for others, humorous posts, and many varied activities have help keep Gaia the most vibrant, witty, friendly and fun community online.

We wish you all a very Happy New Year! Dream big and go bold in 2013. We're sure that whatever your goals for the New Year are, with discipline, patience, effort, and faith in your abilities you'll be able to meet them.

- Sisky

um yes I have been asking for a recolor of gogh reed where the hair color would be black in the zero hair yet I was told that it takes too much effort so I have up. Even now though I have week after week been begging and begging for some long black straight hair in a chance item thats kinda like gogh reed. and I feel mocked because with every new chance item that comes out there is always white hair and every new evolving item lately has had white hair. I honestly feel mocked.

back on the question of re colors. how come I was told it was too hard to re color an item but you guys recolored not one but three items for the one month yet the one small thing I desire has yet to be made?

Also the chance items seem to have been giving less and less out of rare items lately I've yet to have a victory out of any bundle in months. It seems harder and harder to get items. is there any way to fix that?

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Tony Estacado
When will there be new Moderators? I see some that never fill out on the reports?

Moderators are very busy people, you know. They can't be online all day every day. Also, just because you don't see them working on reports doesn't mean they never do. As regular users, we don't see all the background stuff they do. And if you see any serious violations, it's best to PM them.

beg for your life's Partner In Crime

Shady Ladykiller

43,800 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • OTP 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

I keep getting AJAX error on the Daily Chance on my mule.
        Is there any way to stop that? I get the item, but the pop up every time is annoying. :U

Blessed Hunter

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Informer 100
Hi admins!
I was wondering if you would ever be able to create a "reset" button for zOMG! for people who would want to restart on it, than making a whole new account so that zOMG! isn't glitched on there. I don't know if you've been asked this several times, but I'm a Gaia user who played zOMG back in like, 2009 or whatever when the beginning of the story took place in the sewers and meet Elizabeth (if my memory is correct), and not where you help commander Leon and stuff. eue

I really want to play zOMG on this account, but because of all the new updates and stuff that glitched mine, I can't. I can't really do anything, besides just access Village Greens and Barton Town, and for some reason, when I try to upgrade my ring, I have to be extremely patient with it, save for it a few times. I guess I can live with it, although, I get somewhat OCD about how I can't get rid of those old quests. emotion_donotwant

But aside from that, I love everything that you people have added in! It's pretty darn awesome. o3o (Oh gosh, the Four Ponies of the Apocalypse-- AMAZING emotion_bigheart )

Happy new year! I hope there is much to see this year, hopefully more good than bad. c:

Winged Immortal

TehDarkling
Any thought to a feature that when you purchase something on the Marketplace, if you happen to have that as a wishlist item it gives an option to remove it from your wishlist?

Just a thought I've had this week. Happy New Years admins, mods, and staff alike. heart
That would be quite convenient especially for users with long wishlists

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Narumi Misuhara

Regarding EIs and CIs ...no idea.

Is the alchemy update looking good for first quarter of this year?

Omnipresent Demigod

Shirlox
ninja

HDMI
I'm feeling things are about to change.User Image
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
emotion_awesome
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

User Image Yeah, I guess this is growing up.
HDMI

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces