Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone!

Christmas is just two weeks away. The shopping malls are packed, everyone's planning on their vacation during the holidays, and we're working hard on the event.

First of all I want to wish everyone a great Christmas and fun filled holiday season. I'll be headed off to Europe for three weeks myself so I wanted to share my holiday wishes early. Hope you'll have fun on Gaia and offline as well.

Let's start with this week's ATA!

Invisible Cat

Hello Lanzer !
1.Can we have other holiday items? I would love to put a menorah in my house . Also any Hanukkah theme clothing .Here's my thread on it http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/can-you-make-other-hoildays-items-as-well/t.76415327/?_gaia_t_=3934

2. Can we have a cafeworld type game either on facebook or on gaia?
http://cafeworld.wikia.com/wiki/Cafe_World_Wiki

3. I really like soul crash but I wish you get more energy when you level up. Can that happen?

Distinct Explorer

1: Why are there so many events that focus solely on or even partially on vampires (Louie and his kin) and zombies (zombies, grombies, glompies, ect)?
Halloween 2k7- vampires
Gaia Olympics 2k8- Vampires
Halloween 2k8- vampires
Halloween 2k9- vampires
summer 2k10- vampires
Halloween 2k4- zombies
Easter 2k10- zombies
Halloween 2k5- zombies (grombie)
Gaia Olympics 2k8- zombies (glompie)
Feels like they've been overdone to death, and there's a lot more races Gaia's created or mentioned in items that need the spotlight. Can the gaia staff stop giving so much attention to zombies and vampires for a good, long while, and focus on Arachnids, Doptera, Dwarves, Fishmen, Dragons, Angels, Goti, Cyclops, Nymphs,Demons, angel imps, devil imps, Orcs, centaur, Vylons, Zurg, Nartians, and Flower Imps, Sirens,Unicorns, Druids, Yokai, or Sno Yetis.

As cat and Japan crazy as Gaia is, I'm pretty surprised you guys haven't done an event or CI or manga around Bakenekos and Nekomatas and making them NPC's (which I would just LOVE to death- hint, hint) and anthromorphing the star kittens.

2: when will we seen a conclusion to the Halloween manga? Why is it that the manga endings come so late after the holidays, like we waited months for the ending to Frontier skies, and now the Halloween manga?

3: Will we ever receive the same amount of Gold Shop updates as the cash shop receives? I think it might be nice to work in simultaneous updates for the gold shop, when the cash shop gets updated, and to have a small update with the same theme as every cash shop update. Would something like that be possible for the artists to work on?

4: Why haven't we received updates for trash and flower exchange?
Hi, Lanzer and friends.

In a Site Feedback thread a few days ago, I learned a few things. One, Gaia has created a total of five facebook games. Congratulations! However, I also learned that the existence of the facebook games has little or nothing to do with the rest of the Gaia, apart from Gaians helping to make Gaia profitable enough to create these games. In fact, if what this developer says is correct, it appears that the success of Gaia’s games has nothing to do with the success of the site.

When a user expressed concern about Gaia falling by the way side, the developer said this:
Developer

. . .
As for the home side getting left behind don't worry. You guys are a dedicated and loyal user base and as long as Gaia Online is making enough to justify us all being here, we'll continue to support it. The theme for 2012 from the new higher ups is the Gaia community. ...this next year will be about working on projects that we feel are right for Gaian's and far less about crazy new features created mostly for new users that do little to nothing for those of you still here.

Quote:
You guys are a dedicated and loyal user base and as long as Gaia Online is making enough to justify us all being here, we'll continue to support it.

As was pointed out, it appears that this suggests that if Gaia Online thrives, then Gaia Online will stay. It seems to suggest to me that if the Gaia facebook games thrived and Gaia Online did not . . . Gaia Online would be eliminated. Is this true?

Let’s say that Gaia Online loses (more) people. Sponsors stop sponsoring the site as much. Gaia starts to go into the red a bit while the Facebook games are in the green. Would the profits of those Facebook games help to keep Gaia running, or would Gaia Online simply be taken down/shrunken?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

Shy Tactician

Europe sounds fun! I hope you have a wonderful time.

Questions:
The homeplanet of the Zurg's terrain. What is it like?
Is it mountainous?

Are there any Zurg festivals we are not aware of?

Malevolent Perfectionist

18,550 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
Lanzer

stare And pray that it doesn't get sidetracked yet AGAIN. whee stressed scream

1. The "Suggested Content" panel in "My Gaia"......When will we be allowed to have an option to shut it off? Not only is it not necessary to me in particular, I don't just add users to my friends list at random -- especially when said users are already on my "ignore list". cat_stare

2. Why, exactly, are the "Bloodstone Gems" 50% more expensive than the "Bloodstone Amulets"? It seems unusual that something that can be equipped would cost less than something that can't. cat_whee

3. How do we go about getting a larger Housing editor frame that displays the entire room on a single screen, as in the below image? cat_stressed cat_scream

User Image

Thanks as always for your replies! ninja

Schlaghund's Princess

Sweetest Delight

58,900 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Sunny Side Up 100
- On October 7, Panagrammic announced in the Site Changes thread that "For a few weeks
we've removed the entry-level cash fish (Octopii, Lazor, Knight, Memphis, Pinchi, and Cooks).
We're trying to slow down the creation of new tanks for a bit."

It's now been a few months. When will Phin Phang be re-stocked?

- Is there any chance of a holiday gift for the aquariums? Perhaps a new set of Aquarium Snow
Crystals from the Daily Chance?

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
hi lan lan

bal;kj;lakjdfasdf insert stuff here

add:

Hope you and staff will have a relaxing vacation. biggrin

1) the black friday bundles are still in the cash shop under the all tab a few pages in, just wondering if this was normal
2) are you guys working on any new features for the main gaia site or concentrating more on updating/tweaking current features?
3) what are you most excited for working on in 2012, for GaiaOnline?

Deadly Lovergirl

Lanzer

ninja Yes, let's do so indeed, especially seeing as how two of my questions are ABOUT "Ask the Admin". whee xp

1. Was it ever considered feasible to give "Ask the Admin" its own forum/subforum?

2. For that matter, why isn't there a forum/subforum specifically created for all of the ATA questions that don't get answered every week? It seems a bit annoying, as well as needlessly time-wasting, for people to have to re-post their questions week after week, simply because their questions are unable to be answered "in time" before the session ends.

3. We now have an option to view 50 friends per page. Not that this isn't a welcome change, but I'm wondering if more can be done. For example, why not allow the option to view up to 100, or 200, or even 500 friends on a single page? Also, why not allow us to rearrange the users on our friends list in the same manner that we can rearrange the items in our inventories through the "Inventory Arranger"?

IRL Conventioneer

11,500 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to swing by and say hi.

Feel free to drop questions my way as necessary.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Lanzer
Platonix
· Could you pass along a smack upside the head or something to whoever replaced the Bunny Tail in the Sundae's Treat formula with the Bento Bunny? scream from an item that's no longer available and has never been re-released, to an item that's no longer available, has never been re-released, and costs over 100K more on the MP...

I'll check for you, hopefully we'll be able to get it changed.

So, no luck on this, huh?

IRL Man-Lover

Hello Lanzer!

Happy Holidays to you too.

My question is:

1-When we the aquarium fish return? Like Mir Pinchi, the Lobster, and the Mermaid back in the aquarium shop? They were taken out and they said they be back within weeks, but it's been month and they are still not there.

2-This is more of a suggestion.. so here goes. When will Gaia release the items that the G Corp Labtechs wore? I know there's a labcoat and medical mask, but what about the pants, the shoes, and the hat they all wear? Are we ever going to get Grombie skin Re release?

Shameless Nerd

11,350 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Megathread 100
Made it! wooo! mrgreen
1. Hey Lanzer, hope your Christmas is going well! Hey, when can we expect the Christmas event to start? Will there be a New Years event this year?
2.When can we expect an update in the plotline?
3. Oh, my birthday is this wed. For my birthday present will you friend me or take me out for drinks?! mrgreen

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
DJ Helsing
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to swing by and say hi.

Feel free to drop questions my way as necessary.

what con has been the most memorable for you amongst all of the cons you have attended this year?

hope you enjoy the holiday

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces