Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone!

Thanksgiving is right around the corner and we've been thinking what to eat. Turkey is definitely on the menu and probably a nice piece of honey baked ham will be served. Yum!

The Christmas event is being brainstormed right now and it'll definitely be more storyline driven. Meanwhile, a few other features are being worked on, the main one being a search feature that Darknrgy had spent a long time working on. Hope it'll be useful for everyone.

I've also been working with the recent issue with the cigarette items being removed. It was an idea that didn't quite convey the right message and we're definitely not moving forward with the changes. Apologies for all the confusion we caused.

Demonic Demigod

16,975 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Conventioneer 300
So I have a question in mind, but I don't want you to get offended by my bluntness. I'm also not talking about you specifically, but Gaia in general, so please keep that in mind for my question.

So here's what I want to ask; Why is Gaia treating it's users like idiots? Sorry, but that's the only way I could form the sentence in my head.

I mean really, doesn't make us sexy? That's the best reasoning you could give us? Ignoring the annoying double-standards you guys keep having on this site, I'm starting to to think you guys enjoy getting us all riled up. xD

And this isn't the first instance where I feel the community has felt this way. Obvious example is obvious, but the Case of Pietro for instance, I know a SIMPLE explanation as to why it was put on hold could have easily pacified the weeks serious complaining and agitation. And as a member AND customer, some clear communication would be heavily appreciated.

I guess which leads me to my next question; What do you think Gaia can do to make communication between the inner site and it's members? I'm not talking about the ATA, the artwalk or stickies placed in forums that not everyone frequents, although I find those things wonderful, I feel that Gaia needs a better way of communicating of what's actually going on Gaia. Specific EI delays, when the site is spazzing out, remember Fear_Bot? Yeah, people still think you actually got hacked, Lanzer. xD

I feel you guys need to open the lines of communications just a liiiiittle bit more. Seriously, it feels like your my annoying boyfriend who always hides things from me and forgets to tell me things all the time. I don't want to have to brake up with you over this Gaia, I think we can work it out and have something beautiful. heart
edit: 3rd..?

So,
Questions for all staff:

How many tobacco-related items do you currently have?
What's the best part of working for gaia?
Do you like chocolate fudge?
What has been your favorite gaia event to date?
Do you love me?
Do you love each other?
Do you love yourself?
Do you love Gaia?
Do you love Lanzer?
What's your favorite item on gaia?
Who's your favorite NPC?

For artists specifically:
Do you like having your own art hangout thread in the art walk?
Were you forced to create one?
What's your favorite item you've made, if you're an item designer?
What's your favorite art you've made for gaia, in general?

^_^

Jeering Gaian

I just have one pressing question tonight, and surprisingly it has nothing to do with the tobacco ordeal, even if I disagree with that decision.

Lanzer: Has there been any update on when the Games landing page will be overhauled to provide links to each of the Fishing Lakes? It's been a couple of months since you said that you saw a mock up for that.

Eloquent Cat

12,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Hello Lanzer, Admins, Devs, and all who may lurk amidst the ATA thread!
I'd like to inquire not about the tobacco ban that recently occurred, but rather about music. People of high power, what is the oddest song you've ever heard, ever? It can be of any genre, it could be from a video game or an old movie. Whatever you want.
Small talk to calm you down so you may face the shitstorm that lies ahead.
Yeah, I have a SMOKE sig. It's Roger Waters, ok?
All right guys, I'll make my single question short and simple.

Why the tobacco ban?

It's hypocritical since you still have a ton of other items available on this website that are potentially offensive or harmful IRL (various alcohol items, sexual items, etc.) The announcement was worded horribly and talked to us like we were kindergartens who were going into time-out. The fact that you released the news on Friday made a lot of us think that you did that to avoid the majority of the s**t-storm since you wouldn't be at gaia over the weekend.

Please give us the actual reason. Not something about our poor pixelated lungs getting pixelated cancer and smoking being bad for our pixelated health. You have made a lot of people very angry, and unless you provide some decent answers I guarantee you'll start to feel the affect where it hurts: Your wallet.

Oh, and great timing on the new RIG. I'm either in awe of you for the sheer intelligence, or face-palming at the stupidity.f

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
By 'not moving forward' do you mean you're brining back our cigs?

I am considering leaving the site over this, so I'd like a swift reply, if only to give an explanation.

Also, staff interaction with users and communication seems to be at an all time low, any chance of this improving?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

Fashionable Glitch

24,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conventioneer 300
You know what's the question everyone's gonna be asking? Who is Danger Woman!? What's up with the tobacco ban and lack of communication?

Jeering Phantom

25,200 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
I am so sorry to be a bother, considering you are going to be thrashed with tobacco questions, but who's idea was it to ban the tobacco? Was it Craig's idea?
Lanzer.

Will we have any Thanksgiving themed Cash Shop Updates?

Thanks.
So...Upon seeing this new RIG, I see no Qixter Doll to commemorate the "soon to be gone" Qixter, lead director of Gaia's MMO zOMG!
And so I ask you, are you planning on doing some kind of commemorative item of sorts for our dearly beloved Qixter?
Here's a link to the petition that we've worked so hard to collect signatures for.
At least give us a clue as to what you're planning to do for him?

Unidentified Destroyer

12,200 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
Tobacco ban, explain this. Not any of those "oh its to make gaia healthy" answers. Those kind of announcements are what makes your users angry. You talk to us like we are 5 years old. -____- Seriously step up to talking to your users, instead of making those terrible announcement that you know you are going to have to explain later anyways. Stop treating your members like that. You pump out cash shop stuff, and then go ohh... maybe smoking is a bad idea?You are making yourself look bad by caving in like that. Why should members put trust/spend money on gaia when you guys change your minds like that?

So to whom did gaia sell out to? or did you guys do this to get the site more kid friendly? If its kid friendly you have way too many items to do that to. Alurnas rose, totally innocent box of objects. Might as well ban all guns while your at it too. rolleyes

Any chance of adding "I am items" of the zomg monsters for doing the 5000 monster badges. It would actually put some replay into the game, since so many people have nothing to do in anymore.

Edit: read what you said

Quote:
I've also been working with the recent issue with the cigarette items being removed. It was an idea that didn't quite convey the right message and we're definitely not moving forward with the changes.
Explain that more clearly please. -____-

Assimilated Prophet

Why the tobacco ban, Lanzer? :'(

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out