• Millionaire 200
Jayce Reinhardt
Catalyste
Platonix
Catalyste
Corinth Maxwell
Anti-Ling
the hell is homestuck?

stare A webcomic, from what I understand. Apparently, the artist behind it took issue with Gaia using his IP to create new items. whee

Petition to Remove 'Homestuck'-based Items From Gaia

Not the artist, the fans. All this ruckus is ruining my day-time soaps.

Wippersnappers better get off my lawn with their dang-nab pickets! *waves cane* evil
Yeah, but the fans are up in arms because the comic's creator came out against Gaia's Homestuck items on his Tumblr account.
(That said, though, the fans are far louder and more raucous than the creator is. Heck, the fans we're seeing here are more raucous than the folks who frequent MSPA's forums.)

He only said he was going to check some legal advice on the matter. Everyone else was like "HE GOT HIS LEGAL TEAM TO CONTACT GAIA AND GAIA NEVER RESPONDED!!!!1111oneoneoen..."

I keep hearing mentions of his girlfriend making contact, but since I don't stalk tumblr/twitter/facebook accounts, I was really hoping they'd provide more proof towards this.

Supposedly Softest Owl is his girlfriend.

She reminds me of Lexxy.

Maybe they are the same person.

Dun dun duuuunnnnnnnnnnn.

Divine Muse

Eudaemon

Maybe they are the same person.

Dun dun duuuunnnnnnnnnnn.

I don't care, I'll still have Reapersun and Hussie as my OTP!

Deadly Lovergirl

Lanzer
It's difficult to have an effort to "make better clothings" as we have such a wide spectrum of styles to cover. If there's something particular that you'd like to see, it would be easier for us to consider, otherwise we have a really big list of requests from different Gaians asking for specific themes or styles, and that's what we based by usually.

Ah.......Well, as an example, I'd like to see more normal-looking skirts & dresses -- i.e., skirts that go up to at least my knees (similar to what my avatar is wearing now), and/or dresses that go up to just above my ankles, but don't cover my feet. sweatdrop

Thanks for your reply! 3nodding
Zamio
Hi, Lanzer, Panagrammic, Ubermegatron, et al.

I was wondering if we'll be getting some new Christmas outfits this year, like we got last year? From the shops? And what color they will be?

Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving!

Yeah we'll have Christmas themed outfits, though I don't have any more detail as to what they would look like, sorry.

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
Good evening. smile

I would just like to know, what is the state of the unisexing project? It seems to me like it's come to a grinding halt while there's still a handful of items out there that are still gender-specific.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Jayce Reinhardt
Catalyste
Platonix
Catalyste
Corinth Maxwell
Anti-Ling
the hell is homestuck?

stare A webcomic, from what I understand. Apparently, the artist behind it took issue with Gaia using his IP to create new items. whee

Wippersnappers better get off my lawn with their dang-nab pickets! *waves cane* evil
Yeah, but the fans are up in arms because the comic's creator came out against Gaia's Homestuck items on his Tumblr account.
(That said, though, the fans are far louder and more raucous than the creator is. Heck, the fans we're seeing here are more raucous than the folks who frequent MSPA's forums.)

He only said he was going to check some legal advice on the matter. Everyone else was like "HE GOT HIS LEGAL TEAM TO CONTACT GAIA AND GAIA NEVER RESPONDED!!!!1111oneoneoen..."

I keep hearing mentions of his girlfriend making contact, but since I don't stalk tumblr/twitter/facebook accounts, I was really hoping they'd provide more proof towards this.

Supposedly Softest Owl is his girlfriend.

She reminds me of Lexxy.

Yeah well I'm not believing a lick of it unless they can provide a link from the source itself. Second-hand ruckus never amounted to anything.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Catalyste
Platonix
Catalyste
Corinth Maxwell
Anti-Ling
the hell is homestuck?

I hear his gf needs to learn how to use the phone.

He might as well have asked a 15-year-old to do his gf's work. A 15 year old would've searched for Gaia HQ's contact number at least. Kids like calling people.

From what I understand: "Andrew's communications representative made attempts on multiple occasions to multiple e-mails with no response. Whether the information they had was bad, or the e-mails were overlooked has yet to be determined. At the time, the staff did not have the time or manpower to dedicate towards further attempts." - That one petition

Yet they have the manpower to send out this Lexxy person (who claims to be Hussie's hired 'representative') to spend a whole day posting about it in the Gaia forums. rolleyes I am lol'ing so much at this.

Greedy Shapeshifter

17,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Lanzer
Esdella Vie

How hard do I have to clap for Josie to be a featured NPC in the Xmas event? : D

Many people clapping would help a lot better than one clapping hard. smile

Quoting to clap with Esdella for Josie's Xmas 2k11.
Eudaemon
1. Can you give us any update on this giant Gaia vs. Homestuck chaos? (maybe to quell the huge raging fire between the fandoms?) If not, it's okay since it is a business relations ordeal....

2. Is there any plans to make Alchemy more viable for users who aren't insanely rich?

3. Any plans on more Housing items?

I've been out of the loop until today so I'll catch up and see what's going on. I'm afraid that some of the new artist might have made some mistakes along the line not knowing the legal aspects. Though I'll find out what exactly is going on and get back to everyone on the issue.

Definitely. We're careful to separate out different types of alchemy items and have routes for different kinds of goals between different Gaians.

That too, many artists have pitched in for new items and they should be out after more bugs are fixed.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Existential Existence
Catalyste
Platonix
Catalyste
Corinth Maxwell
Anti-Ling
the hell is homestuck?

I hear his gf needs to learn how to use the phone.

He might as well have asked a 15-year-old to do his gf's work. A 15 year old would've searched for Gaia HQ's contact number at least. Kids like calling people.

From what I understand: "Andrew's communications representative made attempts on multiple occasions to multiple e-mails with no response. Whether the information they had was bad, or the e-mails were overlooked has yet to be determined. At the time, the staff did not have the time or manpower to dedicate towards further attempts." - That one petition

Yet they have the manpower to send out this Lexxy person (who claims to be Hussie's hired 'representative') to spend a whole day posting about it in the Gaia forums. rolleyes I am lol'ing so much at this.

It's a Facepalm to remember

Divine Muse

Lanzer

I've been out of the loop until today so I'll catch up and see what's going on. I'm afraid that some of the new artist might have made some mistakes along the line not knowing the legal aspects. Though I'll find out what exactly is going on and get back to everyone on the issue.

So the new artist made the mood bubbles?

or is this the Alchemy horns based on the Halloween Tote Reapersun made you mean?

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
Jayce Reinhardt
Lanzer

So the new artist made the mood bubbles?

or is this the Alchemy horns based on the Halloween Tote Reapersun made you mean?

I'm gonna guess the horns, since Reapersun made the bubbles herself and she's not that new.
And Reapersun is the one who drew Cresento as Eridan, so...
VKiera
Hello!

ALCHEMY SUGGESTION!!! *cough*

I was wondering if there was anything in the works for alchemy storage? Like the items I'm collecting that aren't actually found under the alchemy tab in my inventory, for example I have a formula that calls for 20 dragon plushies, it's rather troublesome to wade through them all in my inventory.

I can put them in my storage locker but then when you check your progress the alchemy page doesn't recognize items you have in storage. So anything in the works to fix that?

That sounds like a tricky problem, yeah storage is a system made to be efficient at storing items and not for getting item info quickly so that everything else can run fast. But we'll see what we can do to help with the problem. Thanks for letting us know.

And that's it for this week's ATA. Happy Thanksgiving and we'll see you next week!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff