Welcome to Gaia! ::

Just wanted to check in again on the current status on spring cleaning. Didn't get that announcement about it last week after all, so figured it was worth making sure it didn't get forgotten in the midst of other stuff. ninja
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bryn Grimhildr's Husband

Deadly Zealot

carbonphyber
Siefren
I cannot access my zOMG! Clan Guild, it's been like that since the very day I made it over a year ago. I keep getting this message:

"An error occurred:
Unable to retrieve information about this guild."

It's not the only guild I get a message like that from either. I really would like this problem addressed, and resolved. I've had a topic up in the bugs forum for a while but never got any feed back from anyone about it.

I am the owner of that clan guild, but i can't access it at all, and it's keeping me from being able to join any other clan, or being able to use my own. As for the other guild I'm apart of, I would really like to unjoin the guild so it's not just there taking up space. Can I please get some help with this?

I made a bug report thread about it, but never got an answer back on it.
Please PM me with a URL to the page(s) in Guilds where you get this error and the URL to your Bug Report. I'll look into it for you.

Alright it's been sent. Thank you guys for looking into this for me.
Yes I remember Panagrammic mentioning that. I'll check with him to see why that isn't the case. It has been a challenge creating a system that has a high range of difficulty yet not too painful to obtain. I thought we had already addressed it, but looks like I'll need to check back and see.

Krissim Klaw
Hello everyone, it is me with yet more alchemy questions.

I brought up the insane fail rates at the last meeting with people trying and failing countless times at crafting something at their own level. Is there any word on the system being tweaked? I have spent over a month getting all the components I needed to make candy mountain so I can have my cream kitty crafted. Tonight, and with the help of a lot of friends, I got the last of the components needed. The only problem is the formula is a level 10 with a 750k crafting fee and a Low Success Rate. The level 10 alchemists are going to be even with it meaning almost certain failure. My friend tried and failed so many times going for this.

The other question I have involves the supposed prize. Panagrammic went out stating this, but that isn’t really true.
Panagrammic

Level 10 Reward
There were concerns that the level 10 reward unfairly awarded users with tons of gold. So, we'll change it so that a reward will be given to anyone that reaches level 10 -- not just the first n.

You are still really only giving the prize to the first 5 alchemists. Everyone else gets an impossible to complete formula that will in the current market take 50-100million plus to complete. That is not a prize, it is a slam. Users are currently putting in just as much sweat, tears, and gold to make it to level 10 as the first few so why is it you guys find them less deserving of a little reward? Couldn’t you at least extended the additional crafting path to say the first 50 or so?

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
Lanzer
Thanks for the comments and I'm sorry that the item didn't meet your expectation. We had to produce a lot of items in a relatively short time so having multiple poses is rather difficult.

I can't promise if we'll improve current items, or future alchemy items will be different, but we'll definitely be putting more time into future items, especially the higher level ones.

The item glitch report thread is the place to go. Hope we can have your problem resolved soon.

The item didn't just not meet my expectations, but A LOT of users. It wasn't an expectation that was hard to meet either. I personally just want to be able to put the dog on the other side of me. It takes such little effort, no extra pixel creation. It honestly is not asking much. And there is only one of him. Why not improve the item now?

And I'm not sure why you had such a tight deadline for alchemy items. There are items released all the time in the Cash Shop, especially from our monthly RIGs that have more poses and Flash animations. Couldn't certain items that weren't finished have been released after the initial launch?

It just doesn't make sense how those items get more attention and poses.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Darn. I totally forgot about ATA. Would've asked who the artist of Prince of the Sea is XD

Rainbow Trafficker

1.) I probably have asked this before, but can Labtech X host an Xmas event? I mean, it has his name in it.

2.) Is anything going to be done to increase component drop rates. At least for the lower level items, a good portion of them cost millions of gold to make an item that just isn't worth the money and effort (the KO shirt recolours spring to mind, because really, it's just one pose that should have been a gold shop item anyway) for the rarity of the alchemy components.

3.) Tying into that, is anything going to be done to make the alchemy items worth all the effort? Honestly, a lot of the items crafted seem like they'd be better off as commons or as fail items in RIGs, so I think a lot of users have zero motivation to actually craft something so basic. You can get multi-pose, spectacular EIs for under 500k, but why is it that million+ alchemy items are so boring and single pose?

4.) Also, can you pass it on to the art team that we are seriously lacking in the Zhivago companion department and that they need to get on that ASAP? Because we are seriously lacking in the Zhivago companion department and I'd bother with alchemy more just for that item.

Divine Muse

PQ and Retrostacja
Lanzer
Thanks for the comments and I'm sorry that the item didn't meet your expectation. We had to produce a lot of items in a relatively short time so having multiple poses is rather difficult.

I can't promise if we'll improve current items, or future alchemy items will be different, but we'll definitely be putting more time into future items, especially the higher level ones.

The item glitch report thread is the place to go. Hope we can have your problem resolved soon.

The item didn't just not meet my expectations, but A LOT of users. It wasn't an expectation that was hard to meet either. I personally just want to be able to put the dog on the other side of me. It takes such little effort, no extra pixel creation. It honestly is not asking much. And there is only one of him. Why not improve the item now?

And I'm not sure why you had such a tight deadline for alchemy items. There are items released all the time in the Cash Shop, especially from our monthly RIGs that have more poses and Flash animations. Couldn't certain items that weren't finished have been released after the initial launch?

Exactly, this isn't just about you or I.

But they don't seem to want to address this. All we can do is try.
Jayce Reinhardt
PQ and Retrostacja
Lanzer

Exactly, this isn;t just about you or I.

You can add me to the gravy train. I was rather let down when the sprite void I created had only one pose. It was a level 7 formula so I was expecting a touch more. Even just an I am pose of her current pose would have been epic even if there were no special animations for towns.

IRL Exhibitionist

12,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
PQ and Retrostacja
Lanzer

And in the many months it took users to reach Level 10, there was time to work on the alchemized items!

Divine Muse

Krissim Klaw
Jayce Reinhardt
PQ and Retrostacja
Lanzer

You can add me to the gravy train. I was rather let down when the sprite void I created had only one pose. It was a level 7 formula so I was expecting a touch more. Even just an I am pose of her current pose would have been epic even if there were no special animations for towns.

I remember when you mentioned how let down you were but it seems Gaia likes non answers/sticking its fingers in its ears and going "la la la la I can't hear you, Alchemy is perfect as it is!"
Lanzer
Yes I remember Panagrammic mentioning that. I'll check with him to see why that isn't the case. It has been a challenge creating a system that has a high range of difficulty yet not too painful to obtain. I thought we had already addressed it, but looks like I'll need to check back and see.

Thank you, it means a lot to those of us taking the time to work with the alchemy system that you are willing to further look into things. Users are investing a lot of gold and time in a system that 95% of Gaia has already written off. We may be a small percentage but many of us still have hope that with time alchemy will blossom into a wonderful feature.

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
Jayce Reinhardt
PQ and Retrostacja
Lanzer

Exactly, this isn't just about you or I.

It's the responsibility of those who are Alchemists to voice their opinions so they can improve the system for the rest of the site. But there are only so many of us who are even willing to try because of the current flaws and lack of item quality. And even less who are willing to open their mouths.

It's just frustrating.

Divine Muse

Krissim Klaw
Lanzer

Thank you, it means a lot to those of us taking the time to work with the alchemy system that you are willing to further look into things. Users are investing a lot of gold and time in a system that 95% of Gaia has already written off. We may be a small percentage but many of us still have hope that with time alchemy will blossom into a wonderful feature.

It really is a wonderful feature but my biggest worry is that it will end up like ZoMG. The higher ups already want to kill ZoMG because they can't bother to do regular updates, will Alchemy end up the same way and die because Gaia can't update things regularly? (Like every other site does?)

Rainbow Trafficker

Krissim Klaw
Jayce Reinhardt
PQ and Retrostacja
Lanzer

Oh man, that's actually an alchemy item and a level 7 at that? I remember stumbling across it in the MP and assuming it was a common item from one of the Moga mini-RIGS we occasionally get because it was only one pose. That really sucks. :<

Also, back on the subject of Alchemy, can something be done to increase the drop rates of Old Crumpled Newspaper and Pink Carnations in Towns so that people can actually craft GGBs and the like? I understand they're supposed to be less common, but it's kind of ridiculous when it takes you days to get just one hundred when you can collect hundreds of the others in a matter of a few hours if you really set your mind to it.

And another thing, why is it that so many of the alchemy formulas for items in existence cost so much more to make than the original items to just buy, though they offer no new poses? I'd understand if it was just a few, but for many of those items, it costs millions to make something that costs maybe 500k or even 100k to just buy un-alchemized. There's no incentive to make it at all.

Speaking of alchemy, previewing items before they are ever made would help people feel less let down after putting in a lot of work for an unknown I think. Also, back wings recipe, seriously, where are you?

EDIT: Oh, another thought. Since invo search has been promoted out of labs now, can we hope that they will finally get on fixing the tagging problems which are making so many equipables get taged as game items and thus not show up in the search? D;
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff