Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loiterer

14,275 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Bidding War 100
Hi, Panagrammic,

How are you doing on your novel? Just wondered...

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
There's an announcement queued up for this but it stalled out for a bit -- basically we're going to pull a bunch of the suggestions and then announce a maintenance / release schedule for them. I'll see if we can get the announcement out this week.

bluecherry
Hi. smile I don’t want to be too much of a pain, but is there any kind of estimate on how much longer spring cleaning is going to go on? It was said to be intended to last a couple weeks or so, but we’ve definitely exceeded a month by now with no sign of any conclusions in sight.
LuckyButtercup
Item Glitches
Item Glitches was started in Site Feedback in February, none have been fixed. Any plans for this?
Avatar Glitches - Avatar System 3.0 subforum of Q & A forum - Focus is on Items that provide real income to Gaia...Why are reported bugs never fixed?
"In The Que" subforum - in Bug Report & Tech Support - This would be helpful info - will it be used?

I'd be interested to hear about this too. smile

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
I am far, far behind -- only 5k. Need to crunch on it.

Zamio
Hi, Panagrammic,

How are you doing on your novel? Just wondered...

Distinct Explorer

Panagrammic: are topics in the spring cleaning proposals that have 500+ votes going to be moves into the main spring cleaning forum?

when are you going to reset cookies, so people can vote more than once?

Questionable Genius

Panagrammic
My understanding is that the zOMG team deliberately stripped down the tutorial because the earlier, longer tutorial was losing users. JK or swarf would have more details.

Edit: That said, agreed that zOMG has a learning curve. We've been looking at more tutorial information and/or some kind of mentoring.
Thanks for responding. I think the tutorial needs a bit for useful information, and one way to do this is to look at the questions asked over and over again in the forums -- "What is ghi?" "Why can't I attack anymore?/why am I panting?" "How do I change/upgrade rings?" "What is rage/how do I use it?" etc, etc

Perhaps a survey of what they think needs to be in the tutorial, reminding the users that it needs to be concise, before they figure out what to put into it?

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Panagrammic
Can you point me to relevant posts / examples? We're looking at this code now and can check.

Sagebomb

EDIT: that was talked about in dev notice

EDIT 2: that fix only looks at flipped, some auctions still didnt pay anyone.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/bb-non-grants-update-issues-occuring-again/t.75181085_196/

On this page I show where I won and got nothing, and the person who was on the opposite of the flip whom confirms they got nothing too.

1021 was won by a friend, (dieth) shes still at top, has been whole time, she didnt get anything, and I dont think 10th did, but thats unconfirmed.
Panagrammic
There's an announcement queued up for this but it stalled out for a bit -- basically we're going to pull a bunch of the suggestions and then announce a maintenance / release schedule for them. I'll see if we can get the announcement out this week.

bluecherry
Hi. smile I don’t want to be too much of a pain, but is there any kind of estimate on how much longer spring cleaning is going to go on? It was said to be intended to last a couple weeks or so, but we’ve definitely exceeded a month by now with no sign of any conclusions in sight.

Glad to hear it. smile

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
About halloween

Thanks so much for the epic zOMG bosses around jack...the struggle has been fun heart

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Ah, can confirm no winner on listing 1039 or listing 1021. And there's still a display error with 1039. Sigh. We're looking at it, thank you.

Sagebomb
On this page I show where I won and got nothing, and the person who was on the opposite of the flip whom confirms they got nothing too.

1021 was won by a friend, (dieth) shes still at top, has been whole time, she didnt get anything, and I dont think 10th did, but thats unconfirmed.

Rainbow Trafficker

1.) What's being done to fix alchemy? As it stands, it seems like only a handful of people at most are able to pursue it beyond level 3. One of the main complaints is that there just aren't enough components to come anywhere close to demand, especially when even the simplest formulas call for multiple components.

2.) Speaking of components, does the staff have any hard data about component rarity and/or how often components are released into the market? I'm launching a project to track that, but I'd like to know if you're willing to release any information.

3.) Are there any plans on releasing components in different ways than the preexisting ones? A good portion of the components are still unreleased, so I wonder if you're planning some sort of game for them.

3.) We just found out that there may be a Moga movie. If that's successful, is it a lead-up to some sort of cartoon?

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Panagrammic
Ah, can confirm no winner on listing 1039 or listing 1021. And there's still a display error with 1039. Sigh. We're looking at it, thank you.

No winner, Okies. Thanks mate I really appreciate you looking into it, and really appreciate your time and effort.
The crafting odds were made to follow what's common in many of the RPG games out there, where higher level formulas would have difficult success rate on lower level players. It seemed like a fair system where time and consistency is rewarded. Though I will forward your comment to the design team and see if we can increase the success rate.

You made a good point about the lack of proof in handling commissions. Maybe through a log or through posting, we should be able to find a way to make the action public or share-able.

Krissim Klaw
My question is why are there such horrible crafting odds with the LOW SUCCESS RATE formulas in alchemy. I tried to craft a level 5 formula, which was at my current level, with a low success rate and it failed 12 times at 50k a pop blowing 600k before I was forced to give up and let a higher level alchemist do it. What worries me is there are a number of level 10 formulas with low success rates and that trick won’t work with them since level 10 is as high appears to be as high as you can go. Many of these formulas have 750k-1mil craft costs.

Why isn’t there some sort of failsafe or increase in success odds with each failure so users don’t get screwed if they have bad luck?

Couldn’t you at least offer a sure thing option even if it was say 3-5x the original crafting cost?
---
On another note I am curious as to why you would make commissioning an alchemist so easy for scammers to take advantage of?

As it is currently set up you have to go on an alchemist’s word when it comes to how many times your formula failed. They could easily scam people out of gold by claiming the formula failed multiple times when it did not and have the user send over more gold to cover another try. On the flip side, honest alchemists find the entire situation stressful because they can’t show proof to their customers when something fails. Do you have plans to address this issue and make alchemy safer for all?

IRL Conventioneer

11,500 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
Hi everyone just wanted to drop by and say hi.

Feel free to drop any questions my way!

Mega Sex Symbol

24,275 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Hello
Just curious if you plan to fix the glitch in aquariums affecting ghost fish. I sent Pan a PM a while back, but I'm not sure he ever read it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff