Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Hello everyone! 4laugh I hope everyone had a great halloween and are looking forward to a great Thanksgiving. emotion_awesome

I was wondering if possibly if you can make a turtle I am for turtle nuts like me? emotion_kirakira I would love you 5ever+infinity. <3 Or maybe have it be a prize from an upcoming rig? ^w^ Thank you for your time! heart

Precious Nerd

Lucentas
Hello, all! I won't pretend like I haven't been checking this forum for the new ATA. XD

I'm super excited that Diedrich is running for president! He gets all of my votes. x3

My weekend hasn't been too great--I've been sick. XD But I'm feeling slightly better now, and ATA will keep me occupied for the next couple of hours. ^^

Oh no! I was sick all weekend too. Glad you're feeling better.

Generous Noob

We should go on a double-date to see Wreck it Ralph. emotion_kirakira

But yeah, thank you all for the hard work you all put into gaia, really appreciate it. <3

Oh one question. What can I do about my other account? I moved like a month ago, so I got a totally different IP address, and I forgot the email I used on my mule, and it has the IP verification on. :/

Omnipresent Demigod

Narumi Misuhara
HDMI
HDMI

╔══════════════════════ ❖ ❖ ══════════════════════╗

Hello admins, developers, artists. My question this time around, are there any plans to implement a “report this profile” button/feature? Along my usual reports this has only happened once where the user had inappropriate images on his profile. But I had to pm a mod directly for it to be handled. This would be a nice feature and make it easier & quicker to report such profiles. Like how you can already report comments, pm’s, etc.
Thanks in advance for any & all answers : )

Edit: Damn it! I'll never get that first post bah!

╚══════════════════════ ❖ ❖ ══════════════════════╝

HDMI

This is something we could look into.

HDMI

╔══════════════════════ ❖ ❖ ══════════════════════╗

emotion_kirakira
Yay! Many thanks for the swift reply emotion_awesome

╚══════════════════════ ❖ ❖ ══════════════════════╝

HDMI

Shameless Hunter

10,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
1. Hi there, when is bid blast going to be started up again? is there a set schedule for that?
2. Are there any plans to revamp or update the inventory organizer? (pretty please)

Misleading Architect

35,475 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Seriously, we need someone to run against Deidrich dammit!
Anyway, I hope you're all going to the polls tomorrow or have voted early.
On a lighter note, I'd been watching Rupaul's'Drag race and wondered whether Gino's group had considered attempting to disguise themselves so as to get to the Isle. While I very much want Gino to be successful and grown up I would still like to see him in a dress for the lulz before that happens. Is this a viable disguise? Also have you worked things out with Andrew Hussie yet? (Cresento still had double v's/w's this year btw.)

Seasonal Saint

31,200 Points
  • Amateur Snowfriend Architect 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
Do we get a Diedrich presidential item?

Gracious Giver

10,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Voter 100
I'd like to run for president.
Okay so one of my questions is towards meebo. I've heard rumors that gaia would no longer support meebo, is that true or is there something afoot?

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
codemonkey37179
Sweet Angel Mary
How come Waffles isn't running for president of gaia?

I can't speak for Waffles, but I think he feels politics is beneath him.

Do you know what items will be in the black friday sale? Will a cat be in the sale? What sort of prices will items have this year?

No Clue

Will cherubic queen get another release? Will baby-kun the kitty be rereleased with the other animals from that CI?

Again I don't know

Will we get more free gaia cash offers in the future?

Sorry again

Who on staff is voting in this election?
Everyone that I know of.

Which is cuter, elephants or donkeys?

I had a chance to observe a lot of elephants on my travels, and I'm a bit partial to them, my mother however prefers donkeys. Here is a picture taken this morning. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

your image is broken.

Shameless Hunter

10,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
oh and DIEDRICH 2012.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Existential Existence
Hi Gaia, I have several questions.

1) Power Picks are still floating around in people's inventories but Gold Lotto is now obsolete. Power Picks don't have a sell back value (or trash option), so could it get one?

2) I'm inquiring about this b/c of discussion in a thread that popped up recently in SF.
Are there any plans to re-evaluate the <3/</3 system anytime next year?
If Gaia does not want to make it an optional feature, how about re-vamping how it's presented and adding in a neutral button? Some people neither like nor dislike threads, but they can't represent themselves in thread ratings because they hold neutral opinions about a thread.
Someone suggested using Gaia's emoticons instead of <3 and </3, and something like: emotion_c8 -User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.- emotion_8c for like-neutral-dislike, respectively, seems much more lighthearted than the current setup of <3 vs </3. I also remember months ago staff threw around the hypothetical idea of changing what sort of rating information people see.

btw a neutral opinion is different from no opinion, since neutral opinion means you still have an opinion, it's just conflicted or between either extremes.

Additional verbage:

Also I wanted to let Gaia know....If you are wondering why people are get emotional with votes it's because these rating systems, placed on social websites, are social in nature. They are not just objective decisions made with being fair-minded in mind, they're also about judging the people who contribute content based on their behavior and what one already knows about the content contributor. That's why these types of rating things get taken so personally on social websites (like facebook, gaia, youtube, myspace) where people can stalk the content of the people they get to know - because they are personal to some degree, especially in forums like Life Issues where thread content are generally about personal issues. At least other websites give users the option to disable these ratings (like youtube), or websites force these ratings to be positive (e.g. facebook's like-only button).

Before when there was just the thumbs up/thumbs down feature, it did not cause these problems because it was unobtrusive. But the way thread rating has been presented and glorified now in each thread (top left corner of every thread, highly visible, highly accessible, a "total score" involved as if we were a grading people on their content) have turned these thread rates into a process of what people get on social websites like facebook, except it's a little bit worse on Gaia because it's much more flawed; as others have mentioned, multiple votes are only limited by the number of mules people have aka limitless since votes are not limited by IP, people on your ignore list can still vote in your threads, ratings cannot be changed if you change your mind or made a mistake, and there is a forced <3/</3 dynamic that introduces negativity, especially by forcing a positive OR negative dynamic that is highlighted by ignoring those who have neutral opinions about a thread.

You are an awesome website and people know you care about the users but with this feature it is just weeeiiird the way it is presented on Gaia. Rating features can work on social websites, but the way you guys did it is just weird. It sort of mildly shocks me why a social networking website like Gaia would want a feature that introduces and pretty much forces anonymous negativity onto its users, without giving users a way to protect themselves from anonymous misuse, short of users refraining from making topics or users retreating to guilds where the feature does not exist.

3) No question, just feedback. I enjoyed the Diedrich announcement, it was really cute and funny. Light-hearted entertainment is always a joy to see and experience while on Gaia. That's why I enjoy the things staff do to showcase the company's people and their talents, like the pumpkin contest, sisky and biglanky's chat threads, ATA itself, and just the idea that you guys enjoy this site just as much as your users. One of Gaia's unique flavors is that we come here to play/share/communicate, but staff as well contribute to this atmosphere. It makes Gaia somehow a worthwhile experience to invest time in (to know that the people taking care of Gaia and your e-stuff are doing it with active love) so good job on creating those moments biggrin

1. I could request this from the art team

2. The change we'd most likely make is weighting the <3 </3 system so that a few users selecting the same one wouldn't change the rating but many over time would.

Lonely Phantom

7,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
herro admins smile

I have a simple question, Can i somehow transfer the ring:integrity to this account from my other account?

Versatile Fashionista

why wasn't risky angels given to everyone? crying
should be a free item, now it's worth 6mil. emotion_facepalm

Precious Nerd

Luna Rousse
WHY WOULD ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS ALLOW DIEDRICH TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT gonk

Really admins, I love him but I think WAFFLES should run against him.

We can't stop him!!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces