Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unstoppable Krampus

Hey admins. I remember a few years ago how you released that game with Sen and Overseer for us to download and play offsite. Would you ever consider doing something similar for Frontier Skies? I really liked that game and I'd still play it even if it was offsite and I didn't get any rewards for it.

User Image

Thieving Rogue

codemonkey37179
BeIIus Mortis
If we start a petition, will you consider keeping the link to towns 1 up? ; o;

No, I'm sorry. There are security concerns and the code can not be maintained.

We are always getting requests to put new things in towns, and we get really good ideas from the community, and we have not been able to do anything about it. There are some of the reasons for the change.

Ug but that's not fair! A lot of people will still want to use the old towns. And you're basically looking them over and saying "WELL SUCKS TO BE YOU" and moving on. You say a lot of people have been requesting new stuff in towns, well a lot of people /hate/ this idea and are requesting you to at least keep it up. Your always making changes to good things in gaia, instead of those where we really need it. Like the old inventory organizer. Please, at least consider finding a way to keep it up. Even if you dont do anything at all to it and focus all your attention to the new and most likely crappy towns, at least keep the old one up.

Retro Punk

siskataya
GuinAoiichi
Once the " LAG MONSTER " entries have been judged will the winner get made into a new Villain for zomg???

Thanks for the question! I don't believe this will become a monster for zOMG - sorry! Besides, if you win, why would you want your avatar to be a zOMG! villain?!? (I tease, I tease!)

LOL ! not my avatar. I meant the monster that we drew for the contest.

So silly....

Misleading Architect

35,475 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Alice5130
Purplesnoopy
Alice5130
Yo. First time participating in the ATA.

I've always wondered if you guys would ever have a general price on things displayed in the wish-list (without having to click on each one in particular and find out. It's very time consuming and I'm not even half done). And if there'd ever be an easy way to tell if we get or have an item from the wish-list without having to go through, checking between our inventory and a very long wish-list.

I'd also like there to be more wigs, or a way to keep a hairstyle you buy. There are times where I'm changing my avatar and want to see what would look good in a different hairstyle or color. However, I usually don't have the money to change the hair style on a whim just to see what looks good.
But you can preview how it looks in the buy box!

...I already know how they look. I want to see their price. sweatdrop

And possibly a way to organize it, like the cheapest items at the top.

You can organize the hair by price too. . .

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
fluffywolfdemonx
well how about a reset for zomg where people could start from scratch
User Image
This is one of my biggest hopes when it comes to zOMG.
After making some progress in the game, I wasn't able to play it for a few months.
By the time I returned, I felt a little lost when navigating through the game.

The only way I feel I'd be able to enjoy the game now is if I could restart it from the beginning.
I remember hearing that a restart was being considered a while back.
I'm not sure if it's still on the table though since work on zOMG has stopped... Sad.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
The Enforcer666
Zero Omega
The Enforcer666
DID YOU KNOW THAT eek .......User Image

Dedicated forum mods. When will this happen? The mods for the VGD are never there and when they are, they don't do nothing. Hell, I spot many outside mods posting in threads that do not belong. As a matter of fact, I see more outside mods in the VGD than the VGD mods in the VGD.

As far as the update on what's going on with the Cash Cards, it was stated that we can use this Ultimate Game Card. What made using the Gaia brand cash card so much better over Ultimate Game Card was the fact that
A) The Crystal Box that came with Gaia Cash Cards
B) I don't have to go to some other website and make a account there just to use the cash card here.

My question on that is what kinda incentives will there be for those using the Ultimate Game Card? Yes, the Gaia Cash Card is still being sold at other retailers. But some of those listed that are suppose to be carrying them, aren't. But they do have the Ultimate Game Card.

User Image...... User Image NOW YOU KNOW!!!!

1. Something we can put a call out for, if I remember correctly (my memory is a tad fuzzy), I think that, while active, VGD actually doesn't get too many reports so there hasn't been a huge need for a lot of moderators.

Holy crap. I'm two for two with you, lol.
Also, I'm actually shocked that somepony actually answered that. I was more venting than asking and actually expected it to get ignored. Thanks for proving me wrong.

But in honesty? I've lost count as to how many threads I've reported. I'm sure that it's probably well over the 200 mark. While I can't speak for the other VGD regulars, but I will speak for myself when I say it's easier and faster to inform the person who is breaking the rule that whatever they are doing is against the VGD Rules/Guidelines (which has been removed and replaced with announcement: gaming discussion: rules & guidelines. it's been read first: guideline for gaming discussion for as long as i've been posting there *depressedface.bmp*). Yes, I understand that by doing that, it, unto itself, is breaking the rules of not posting in a spam/misplaced thread/whatever. But if left unchecked, the thread goes on for countless pages and takes months before it's removed. A fair majority of the people are understanding and close up shop and move to the appropriate forum/subforum. Then there are the others who want to argue about how a thread about Pokemon gameplay doesn't belong in the Pokemon Subforum. It's still a Pokemon thread regardless of what you want to call it.

BUT, if there were some dedicated mods, threads that break the rules will be caught a metric ton more quicker than having to report it and waiting for a mod to take action on it. Then the Regulars there wouldn't have to worry about getting warnings when all we are doing is trying to clean up our home.

Sorry if this seems like I'm venting. I am, but at the same time, trying to bring light to a problem that seems to have no end.

Also, any info on the second part of my question about the cash cards?

From the sounds of it you want more active moderation, in which case I think it sounds like a better solution would be Forum Assistants which actively check the forum, as opposed to moderators who work via reports. That's something we can think of doing.

And no clue on the second one, sorry.

Aged Genius

BeIIus Mortis
codemonkey37179
BeIIus Mortis
If we start a petition, will you consider keeping the link to towns 1 up? ; o;

No, I'm sorry. There are security concerns and the code can not be maintained.

We are always getting requests to put new things in towns, and we get really good ideas from the community, and we have not been able to do anything about it. There are some of the reasons for the change.

Ug but that's not fair! A lot of people will still want to use the old towns. And you're basically looking them over and saying "WELL SUCKS TO BE YOU" and moving on. You say a lot of people have been requesting new stuff in towns, well a lot of people /hate/ this idea and are requesting you to at least keep it up. Your always making changes to good things in gaia, instead of those where we really need it. Like the old inventory organizer. Please, at least consider finding a way to keep it up. Even if you dont do anything at all to it and focus all your attention to the new and most likely crappy towns, at least keep the old one up.

I'm sorry you feel it is unfair. It was not a decision made lightly. We needed a newer system.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Alrighty, sorry, I have to dash out! Be well everyone! biggrin

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Alright guys, time for us to head out. Sorry we couldn't get to all the questions (...so many stressed )

Thanks for joining us and have a great week!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff