Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Hoarder

74,775 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Flux
I was wondering if the Daily Treat was tweaked so you can't play the card game until you watch the video or if its a glitch and if it will be fixed.

At first I was able to play the card game and get gold without watching the video (never available in my location) but now it won't let me, same thing is happening to others.

Here is a topic related to this matter

Thanks in advance for replying.

Generous Noob

Zero Omega
PreciseIy
Zero Omega
PreciseIy
We should go on a double-date to see Wreck it Ralph. emotion_kirakira

But yeah, thank you all for the hard work you all put into gaia, really appreciate it. <3

Oh one question. What can I do about my other account? I moved like a month ago, so I got a totally different IP address, and I forgot the email I used on my mule, and it has the IP verification on. :/

You can file a ticket at http://www.gaiaonline.com/help to get some assistance on an e-mail change.

Oh.. I guess no double date then...? It's okay, I understand... emo

jkjk but thanks, I will do that now. c:

What's a "date?" And glad to help!

oh my sweet dear lord baby jesus. gonk
but thanks again, and have fun replying to the rest of the questions~ c:

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Any advice on paying for an art commission agreed to in a public forum & not receiving said art? Can we report this kind of thing? mad I'm out 1/2 mill and she's now closed her forum.

Omnipresent Nymph

Alien Bandit

29,340 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Hero 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi

GAIA PLEASE MAKE MORE VISUALLY SATISFYING MALE ITEMS!! THIS FEMALE ORIENTED SHIT HAS GOT TO STOP!! WE MALES WANT ITEMS TOO!!

User Image

ALSO CAN YOU MAKE THE GOGH REED A RECOLOR WITH BLACK HAIR INSTEAD OF WHITE AND THE LITTLE SISTER ITEM ALSO HAVE A BLACK HAIR OPTION?

yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi

Revered Inquisitor

Zero Omega

Will do. Thank you for the response.

~Krovahn

Party Member

User Image

So whenever an announcement or Dev Alert happens, the poster (admin, NPC, etc) invariably gets tips. Diedrich has recieved hundreds today.

What does Lanzer do with his tips, because he doesn't really change his avatar? And what happens to the gold that NPC accounts receive in tips?

Aged Genius

Nekinu
Hello my Admins!!!! (just posting again, just in case!)This is my first time submitting a concern on here, so here I go!
I was playing Jigsaw the other day on Insane and I was down to the last 3 pieces to the puzzle, those 3 puzzle pieces were not there! I moved the whole puzzle and clicked Shuffle many times and they did not appear! And I had to start on a new puzzle after I worked so long on that puzzle!
Are you guys working on fixing this glitch??

We are working on it yes. Sorry for your trouble.

Invisible Elocutionist

21,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Novice Attacker 150
Narumi Misuhara

Evening! Are there going to be any more available Achievements soon? I've already earned all of them, but still waiting for Loiterer to grant.

Precious Nerd

Mifftastical
Actual questions: How do you guys decide on what theme to do for RIGs and items? I can guess you take some inspiration from the world, but who decided to go Dark Reflection 2 and gender bending, how did that arise? xP

Do the artists call dibs on who gets to do what quality of item in a RIG? Or is it assigned or something <3

WILL STAFF GET MOAR SD DOLLS? I reckon you guys could totally give each SD Staff a Nerf Gun pose, it would be amazing : D

Also, what are you favourite items, and the worst/best thing you've done on/off Gaia : 3

Some of the CIs are based on the time of year. Some are ideas we've been wanting to tackle for awhile and some are re-imagined because users liked them the first time around.

Artist's get to choose what items they'd like to make and they decide the tier. They already know they need to vary the sets in terms of tier smile .

Some staff still don't have dolls so it's totally possible.

Stellar Hunter

30,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Hello all. I'd say my weekend went pretty well, would have liked more sleep though. rofl

Loved the animated capes you brought out for halloween. I was wondering if there's a chance of more animated capes in the future? i mean, we have A Lot of animated wings, and i'd think it'd be nice to spice things up a bit with the animated items 3nodding

Hunter

Why the h didnt you put up gaia towns halloween? That's my favourite towns development by far, and a lot of other people's as well. Seriously, if you want to take anything out of towns, it should be pools. they're annoying, pointless, all of my friends hate them, and plus people can poop and pee on people. How is that pg-13 gaia?

Liberal Nerd

When will we get a Tuba item?

Scurvy Pirate

Alice is Madness
Ouo What no Lanzer..that's unethical..and my weekend was alright, anyways for my question will Gaia be doing an event for Thanksgiving event or will we just get another turkey item?

Maybe wink

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Narumi Misuhara
Existential Existence
Hi Gaia, I have several questions.

1) Power Picks are still floating around in people's inventories but Gold Lotto is now obsolete. Power Picks don't have a sell back value (or trash option), so could it get one?

2) I'm inquiring about this b/c of discussion in a thread that popped up recently in SF.
Are there any plans to re-evaluate the <3/</3 system anytime next year?
If Gaia does not want to make it an optional feature, how about re-vamping how it's presented and adding in a neutral button? Some people neither like nor dislike threads, but they can't represent themselves in thread ratings because they hold neutral opinions about a thread.
Someone suggested using Gaia's emoticons instead of <3 and </3, and something like: emotion_c8 -User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.- emotion_8c for like-neutral-dislike, respectively, seems much more lighthearted than the current setup of <3 vs </3. I also remember months ago staff threw around the hypothetical idea of changing what sort of rating information people see.

btw a neutral opinion is different from no opinion, since neutral opinion means you still have an opinion, it's just conflicted or between either extremes.

Additional verbage:

Also I wanted to let Gaia know....If you are wondering why people are get emotional with votes it's because these rating systems, placed on social websites, are social in nature. They are not just objective decisions made with being fair-minded in mind, they're also about judging the people who contribute content based on their behavior and what one already knows about the content contributor. That's why these types of rating things get taken so personally on social websites (like facebook, gaia, youtube, myspace) where people can stalk the content of the people they get to know - because they are personal to some degree, especially in forums like Life Issues where thread content are generally about personal issues. At least other websites give users the option to disable these ratings (like youtube), or websites force these ratings to be positive (e.g. facebook's like-only button).

Before when there was just the thumbs up/thumbs down feature, it did not cause these problems because it was unobtrusive. But the way thread rating has been presented and glorified now in each thread (top left corner of every thread, highly visible, highly accessible, a "total score" involved as if we were a grading people on their content) have turned these thread rates into a process of what people get on social websites like facebook, except it's a little bit worse on Gaia because it's much more flawed; as others have mentioned, multiple votes are only limited by the number of mules people have aka limitless since votes are not limited by IP, people on your ignore list can still vote in your threads, ratings cannot be changed if you change your mind or made a mistake, and there is a forced <3/</3 dynamic that introduces negativity, especially by forcing a positive OR negative dynamic that is highlighted by ignoring those who have neutral opinions about a thread.

You are an awesome website and people know you care about the users but with this feature it is just weeeiiird the way it is presented on Gaia. Rating features can work on social websites, but the way you guys did it is just weird. It sort of mildly shocks me why a social networking website like Gaia would want a feature that introduces and pretty much forces anonymous negativity onto its users, without giving users a way to protect themselves from anonymous misuse, short of users refraining from making topics or users retreating to guilds where the feature does not exist.

3) No question, just feedback. I enjoyed the Diedrich announcement, it was really cute and funny. Light-hearted entertainment is always a joy to see and experience while on Gaia. That's why I enjoy the things staff do to showcase the company's people and their talents, like the pumpkin contest, sisky and biglanky's chat threads, ATA itself, and just the idea that you guys enjoy this site just as much as your users. One of Gaia's unique flavors is that we come here to play/share/communicate, but staff as well contribute to this atmosphere. It makes Gaia somehow a worthwhile experience to invest time in (to know that the people taking care of Gaia and your e-stuff are doing it with active love) so good job on creating those moments biggrin

1. I could request this from the art team

2. The change we'd most likely make is weighting the <3 </3 system so that a few users selecting the same one wouldn't change the rating but many over time would.

Thanks for the reply.

It is good to know you guys are looking at this issue.
I hope you maybe consider closing some abuse/misuse holes in the system though...I do not like how this system has given users negative experiences and frustrations on Gaia, to the point where threads frequently pop in SF complaining about it.

Thanks again for the info.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces