Welcome to Gaia! ::

Happy Halloween everyone!

How do you like this year's event? I'm happy that we are able to work on the world map and also add in Jack. Is there anything you'd like to see next year?

And what are you dressed up as today? For those who missed the webcast, I'm in my old pimp suit and made a fool of myself in the improv. biggrin

Sparkly Stalker

23,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
lanzer, you were amazing on the webcast! btw, do you always say that to the ladies? wink "what's up ladies?"

okay questions.

1. with zomg celebrating its 3rd birthday, how does that make you feel? we had a huge party all day last thursday and shame you couldn't come. but it's all good. biggrin

2. you really were pimpin' it up there lanzer. made me snort. so are you planning to pass out candy to trick or treaters?

3. what do you think about evil timmy trying to take over the world? is he a threat to gaia? :O

Distinct Explorer

1: When will my aquarium rock evolve?

2: Lanzer, last week you mentioned that Deen- Rina's angel imp friend- wasn't around, currently, so Rina hangs out with Kanoko instead. Where did Deen go? Why did he leave Rina? They're still friends, though, right?

3: Is the world map going to get more love in the form of updates, soon?

4: Will Bludeau ever find love?

What I want to see next year:
more Towns incorporated into zomg (Durem, Aekea, Dref Dur)
World Map expansions
more Zurg events
more "meaty" gold shop updates with more color variety and more updates to less frequently updated stores like Junk in the Trunk, Ruby's Rack, and Global Imports. Slimming on Cash shop updates
Santa's fat elf a** on a treadmill
x-mas taken over by Labtech X.
Diedrich blasted into space so he can serve a better purpose

Festive Cutie-Pie

User Image
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀

*sigh*
I really don't like being a meaning-moe, but I am seriously frustrated.
I want demand answers on Alchemy.
I have been patient, but have yet to see any improvement on it.
You guys have supposedly upped the appearances of the gold boxes,
but guess what! I haven't gotten ONE box since it was released.
I have gotten wood trunks, two brown gift boxes, a pink link, and a fat cat alert,
but no god-forsaken gold gift boxes.
How are non-rich users supposed to even reach level 2 when they can't
even get ingredients to make a level one item?
I am very interested in the higher level alchemy items, but there is no way
to even get to the level required to make them without being forced
to create the items nobody wants and throw all your gold away in the process.
I honestly don't think this is a very good way for a feature to go.
The item drop rates are so ******** low it doesn't make it worth the time to get the level 10 dream item.

Why are the sacred keys for high level formulas?
That doesn't help anyone.
I thought they'd be something more... special.
*coughBACKWINGScough*

Trying to get off the topic of alchemy, why hasn't the arenas rule page been updated?
The avatar arena entry fee and prize information needs to be updated,
as it is deceiving for new arena entrants. sweatdrop

Will this event be the first event where the items aren't free?
So far, the only items we can get (other than ingredients) cost gold or wing stickers.
It is just kinda depressing to see 7 cash shop updates in one month,
then only get ToT items as the "free" items.
At least with Pie Hard, we got both ingredients and free event items.
I do love the ToT items, but am very displeased with the lack of free grant items this month. sad
We missed out on having possible I AM *blank* Wolf, bullet hole, and bloodied masquerade items,
all relating to the event, yet the only items relating to the event are either alchemy or cash shop items.
The cash shop items could very well have been the free event items.
For this, I am scolding you. stare

The list for reasons to leave Gaia is getting longer...

▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
User Image

Original Gaian

10,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Good evening Lanzer! And a Happy Halloween to the staff at Gaia for creating a wonderful event. smile

Here are my questions for this evening:

1) How much progress has been made on the Weapons Shop and Marriage System? When can we expect releases and what sorts of recent developments regarding have occurred?

User Image

2) When will Gaia release its "Create an NPC" contest? People have been waiting for years for such a contest! About two years ago it was advertised but still no release...when will we see it's release?

User Image

3) In the "Chapter 0" manga, a 'Jorts n' Skorts' shop in Durem and a Library in Barton headed by Librarian "Doris Baudelaire" were mentioned. Will we be seeing any addition of these locations to Gaia? I know a lot of people would be excited for a Retro clothing store or a Library! smile

User Image User Image

P.S. As for next year's Halloween event, I'd love to see a trip to the past. Replace the whole World Map and shops with a world of Gaia from ten to twenty years ago! Kid Ian and Kitten Rufus runing the shop with Ian's adoptive family on Isle de Gambino, Ruby and Peyo's father cradling baby Peyo in their Hat Store. The lsit goes on, we could have a whole event and plot dedicated to the past, and gain some informational insight on our NPCs.

Learned Informer

20,100 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

Angelic Fairy

18,500 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Evening, Lanzer. Hope your having a Happy Halloween. Now, down to business. Below is a list of problems/ideas that I think will help get more people into zOMG!.

- Glitches/Silent NPCs: A lot of people are turned off due to this issue. HQ really needs to hire a flash dev that can tackle this problem. The Otami quest chain seriously needs to be fixed. Once it's fixed, players can go back to actually having to complete it in order to receive the boon that will help them breath underwater.

- The Intro: It sucks. It doesn't teach new players how to play the game. When I was helping my friend with the Village Greens quest, I had to tell him how to upgrade his rings and what the Null Crystal did. Bring back Frank!

- Quest Chains/Task Book: I think if you're in a crew with somebody who's new to the game, you should be able to see the NPC's dialogue and have the quest visible in your task book. That way, you're not always asking your crewmate what's next.

- Coliseum: This feature has so much potential. As others have said, why not add epic recipes and rare ingredient drops as rewards? This would make the Coliseum more popular.

- Bring back Goofball and the Fountain Game: Adding these features back into zOMG! will give players something else to do besides kill animated. Cause once a player reaches cl 10, they need something else to keep them entertained. Also, as a reward, these games could give out alchemy components.

Malevolent Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
Happy Halloween, Gaia Staff! ninja

1. stare Why is it that whenever Gaia has a "forum battle" event, there's almost always an unnecessary emphasis on making the site's users fight with each other, instead of an unlimited supply of creatures and/or enemy NPCs? With NPCs or creatures, not only is there zero chance of finding one with 0 HP, NPCs don't complain ad nauseam in the forums about losing to you, nor do they try to get their "friends" to gang up on you when you're offline. whee stressed

2. What's the one thing you absolutely don't want to get and/or hate to get when trick-or-treating? emotion_puke

3. Jedi or Sith? twisted

Noble Spirit

Does Gaia know how lucky it is to have Pan, Nar and JK working for them?

Does Gaia plan on having regular updates/new cash items, new content to ZoMG

Can I fake marry NPC Ian?

Sparkly Stalker

23,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
Jayce Reinhardt
Can I fake marry NPC Ian?

if you get a "yes", i claim nicolae. *looks over at reapersun...* sweatdrop

Aged Prophet

18,500 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
So I missed the last couple atas choosing to catch up on sleep (always read the ones I miss though). But I wanted to step back from my usual more gaia feature questions to something a little different.

Table tennis.

I have been playing table tennis for over 15 years and in one of my searchs a couple weeks back I found some interesting footage of Marina at the LA open. I also saw some pics which I thought were pan, but seems they were only taken by him. (all questions pertain to staff)

1. How many competitive (Club level or higher) table tennis players does gaia have.

2. Who is the best

3. does marina has a username you can share?

4. Any tt brand loyaltys (Mainly im a Donic guy, but use butterfly accessories).

5. Any chance at a table tenis bat item (outside making a petition)

Gaia related.

1. For the sacred key (not asking what it does) are they able to be used right now, should one figure out the right conditions for doing so?

2. Did the formula rate in normal rare event boxes get nerfed? the last 10 pink boxes I opened pretty much all had the common drops (grass hats, viking helms etc), when the formulas were first added I was getting a formula 2/3 times.

Festive Cutie-Pie

Fractale

User Image

*tips post*
Haha, I like (not fangirl like) Diedrich, but his random
spotlight status is a bit... obnoxious. rofl
I guess it is a bit more of a hint that he's Gambino?

User Image
Hey! No questions tonight (yet!), but just wanted to comment on what fun I had at Gameworks for the Meetup in Newport, KY/Cincinnati area on the 22nd. I live close enough to walk there and I met some awesome people! It was great seeing a face to a username, and also very cool meeting people who live in the same area, like the same things you do, and so on!

I was especially excited to meet a girl there; we both realized that we don't live that far at all, and she went to high school with a guy I went to middle school - what a small world! Even cooler because we're both Gaians. XD

Thanks for coming in this neck of the woods!

Aged Prophet

18,500 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Jayce Reinhardt
Does Gaia know how lucky it is to have Pan and Nar working for them?

This,

but in terms of communicarion may I also add the people who show up for zOMG chats "meats" like JK or swarf.

Original Gaian

10,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Crystal Sparda
Fractale

User Image

*tips post*
Haha, I like (not fangirl like) Diedrich, but his random
spotlight status is a bit... obnoxious. rofl
I guess it is a bit more of a hint that he's Gambino?

User Image

Johnny K. Gambino is DEAD. Let's leave it that way...for the love of Overseer.... '~'

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff