Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluff Bunny

21,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
I also want to tell you admin that Friday was my birthday so can someone please wish me a happy birthday? (well a happy late birthday)

Big Noob

Hi guys!

Have you checked the MP lately? It seems that some people are getting 0% changes for the ABP for all items.

Related thread

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fallen Dragon

Jak Bauer

Thank you for the hug
-hugs back-

Scurvy Pirate

Yeata Zi
My Questions are a little everywhere tonight:

Any Idea when the Halloween Event will be starting?

What are the team names going to be? I'm hoping EB's team will be called E-Corp again :3

When FB was released you guys said this in the FB FAQ
Quote:
Have you considered how this item and gold grant will affect the Gaia economy?!?
We knew you'd ask this, and actually yes, we did! We had several people trained in statistics and economic systems analyze the potential gold output of the item, and the most likely effect it will have on the overall Gaia economy long-term.

Compared to other gold granting features, the Flynn's Booty item is not expected to have a negative impact on the overall economy in the long-term. Might there be a temporary spike in inflation in marketplace values? Yes, this could happen, but given the limited time offer of the item and the fact the gold source is finite, it is not predicted to have any long-term negative effect on the economy.

Do you still think this is true?

Have you tried out the new Pokemon game? So much fun!

Later this month!

Right now it's just Jack v Easter Bunny, not sure if the names will change.

Winged Immortal

lanzer
I prefer mantis over cat
Cats are annoying, mean, and I'm allergic to them.
And on the genetic level, cats are messed up

Skilled Genius

So earlier this week I posted in the SF forum how it would be a good idea to add a signature analyzer to reject signatures who's total byte size is over 100,000 bytes, this. However, it was pointed out that Carbonphyber already said this will not be done because you guys don't want the servers making requests. So can we move the signature images to be hosted on Gaia instead?
If signatures are hosted on Gaia and analyzed it would greatly cut down on the number of signatures reported allowing mods to get to other reports faster and not cost a user 10, 100, 1000, 10000, 100000, etc gold each time. Plus save the bandwidth of the innocent users who have lesser than desired connections. Because ya'know, we all can't have Verizon FiOS like mine (sig below).

Speaking of Carbonphyber. Where is my favorite developer, sorry Uncle Kenny, you're #2. How's the backend of the BBCode coming along?

Valenas's Fav

Dangerous Hunter

13,625 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hive Mind 200
DJ Arrow
Admins, Whats your favorite cookies?

Hi there,

I waver between Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Raisin.

Scurvy Pirate

Gendocide
Decrease Smashblox payouts like you were supposed to back in September
Still no real apology for that survey - a staff member made it, multiple staff members saw and approved it before it was sent out. Yeah
Seems like some of the staff have been a bit degrading towards users lately in the forums.

The payout for Smashblox is being looked at and a revised plan for it should be coming soon.

henlo's Significant Otter

Omnipresent Cleric

14,825 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Admins, Whats your favorite class when you play RPGs?

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The 6 jobs on the gaia corp site. Are these mainly for gaia, the new site or a mix of both?

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Sagebomb
Hey guys.

Still not much to say this week. Looking forward to the event. Am glad to see kenny and zero got thier dolls. Will Codemonkey make the cut soon?

One question.

This past week, someone in the CB got banned after canceling a dice game. They had a specific prize which they ended up trading away for a item, and as they no longer had the item they closed the dice game. Participants who didnt win anything banded togather to report said person and thier ban went through.

As someone who likes to run dice games (As well as other games) and understands the odds. The chances of anyone winning that game was in the 1 in a billion range. Thier competition had no set end date (and was cancled without warning). He was reported on scamming. (Though he had the prizes up till when he closed the game, and some people were saying the scam was that the prizes were impossible to win)

So...If I run a dice game where the odds for the highest prize is virtually unobtainable. And then the game ends without the highest prize being won. Is that too likly of being banable. Or was is just because the item got traded away.

(I tend to have easier tiers, and run other prizes, so that people can still win something whist trying as well as end dates, but should I not have the next to impossible top tiers? I am planning a pretty big game thread for halloween, with many different games, and am concerned about having a crazy prize which is unlikly(but could be) won (And would be paid out only if won))

I'd recommend putting an end date on such things, or at least some sort of mention of a time limit - just to be on the safe side. Some kind of official guidelines would be good, though, to prevent stuff like this from happening in the future. That way, both the contestants and the people running the games don't have this problem. eek
lanzer
Krissim Klaw
My mantises Zombie and Taboo are here at the ATA with some serious questions. They are currently in the process of making baby mantises... like literally in the middle of the process... on my keyboard... and they want to know what you are planning to do to make Gaia a better place for their offspring?

When will we be getting some adorable praying mantis pixels? How can they represent themselves on the forums without any I Am Mantis poses?

Please keep in mind they are currently intently staring at you while awaiting a response.

User Image

I'm afraid that when we release any more mantis items we'll be seeing more and more mantis gifs!
So what you are saying is I should get a gang of users to post mantis gifs in all ATA's until you relent? Challenge accepted. emotion_dowant

Scurvy Pirate

gataka
stooopid router rahh

Any inventory arranger news?
How's that announcement addressing various concerns coming along?

Still in QA so no real updates, sorry!

Aged Genius

Knight Yoshi
So earlier this week I posted in the SF forum how it would be a good idea to add a signature analyzer to reject signatures who's total byte size is over 100,000 bytes, this. However, it was pointed out that Carbonphyber already said this will not be done because you guys don't want the servers making requests. So can we move the signature images to be hosted on Gaia instead?
If signatures are hosted on Gaia and analyzed it would greatly cut down on the number of signatures reported allowing mods to get to other reports faster and not cost a user 10, 100, 1000, 10000, 100000, etc gold each time. Plus save the bandwidth of the innocent users who have lesser than desired connections. Because ya'know, we all can't have Verizon FiOS like mine (sig below).

Speaking of Carbonphyber. Where is my favorite developer, sorry Uncle Kenny, you're #2. How's the backend of the BBCode coming along?

Carbonphyber, just walked behind me as your post came up. He is still around.

Winged Immortal

I'm sorry but, no duh later this month for the start of the event....
Users want to know how long they're going to be bothered by the gold dump without getting anything from it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff