Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Exhibitionist

sasamiblue]lol thats what I was thinking Im all like what the....?

maybe he was distracted by Heros clif hanger en
tqwfes57:0="sasamiblue]lol thats what I was thinking Im all like what the....?

maybe he was distracted by Heros clif hanger ending?

First off, he is in California, where I live, and Heroes isn't on till 9PM PST and it is curently 7:07 pm here.

Second, don't tell the ending please. This is the drawback of the timezones. Cali is three hours ahead of the east coast so you know more before us.

Froggy's Waifu

Stalker

23,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Lanzer
I hear your pain, Kariki. It's actually a very heated and in-depth discussion within the admin team about the long and engaged threads in GCD. There are supporters on both side of the fence supporting casual members and members engaged in the specific threads. Because there are only so much space where threads can be shown on a page, everytime when a specific type of topic is appearing often enough, subforums are created because otherwise other types of discussions would be lost. It's by no means anyone thinking that the long and engaged threads are less important, but we ended up sticking with the ground rule of how and why sub-forums were created on Gaia. Hope that make sense. If the decision proves to be wrong, which we often could be, we'll definitely help set things right.

Stickies do the same thing, yet when there are eight of those no one seems to feel they aren't giving other topics enough time on the front page. neutral

From what I'd see at the most in the GCD there were only 3-4 permanent threads ever on the front page at one time. At least legitimate ones. The ones that were becoming "out of control" could have been quickly subdued by making a rule that item, EI, and underdeveloped NPC fan threads weren't allowed.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Re: Phin Phang being all Cash items: actually, you can do fairly well for yourself using only the Aquarium items you were given to start with, and the ones released in Daily Chance. Of course everything's available in the Marketplace, but the Daily Chance stuff (fish and decorations) is being sold for dirt-cheap there. You don't have to spend any Gaia Cash to be a decent Aquarium owner.
Lanzer,

The Site Feedback forum has had a visit from the Forum Fairy. I'm not sure if she's communicated with you, but this thread here has fantastic ideas about the forums. I've linked to the page where I've made a posting - were I've added an additional forum for the NPC chat threads. Please take a look at all the fantastic ideas in the thread and hopefully it will help you address some changes that might be needed. smile

Froggy's Waifu

Stalker

23,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
The Undead Suitor
~
Why cant any NPCs get dates?

Are all of them doomed to the single life?

Are relationships taboo in Gaia to the point of plot?
~

In the next plot update Edmund finally asks me to be his girlfriend. Stay tuned! wink xp

Although I'm kidding, that would be totally great. -nudges Lanzer-
I agree, as a male I noticed that the salon update is usually more female oriented too, I'll help pitch in on behalf of guys who want better hair. wink

The feature with superior form is kind of tough, because making people naked is gonna cause quite a bit of stir... though I definitely agree, it would be pretty cool. biggrin

Luxord Wolf
Hey Lanzer,

Any chance of getting another salon update that is a little more male orientated? Almost every time there is any kind of update for hair its been mostly female related
Biancamella wig, cyber space wig, lusty wig... and so on. With no guy equivalent in site. =[
It seems like almost all the hairstyles are for females, or very feminine.
A lot of people agree, and there have been quite a few petitions about it.
Here is one of them:male hair styles petiton

Also any chance of removing the default underwear on items like superior form?
Its kinda disappointing to get the item, and have to wear clothing that doesn't really match the skin at all.

Also werewolves? >_>

Original Gaian

10,600 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Moira's Valentine 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Ooh!!!

I second sasamiblue's last question! biggrin

Will we learn more about Dorris Baudelaire and Jorts-n-Skorts? Lanzer??

eek eek LANZAR!?!?!??! eek eek

Lanzer, we're telling you now that putting DISCUSSION threads in a CHAT forum is wrong. You don't have to wait to see how things might pan out. We were shoved into a forum whose rules we violate by being there, and we're not exactly asking for every other forum we cast our eyes on to change their rules to accommodate us.

We're asking for a home. It's not much to ask.

The forums are supposed to be the Core of Gaia. Well, if that's so then we're the Core users, and we're telling you that we've been mistreated, misplaced, and we're just asking for a forum where we can conduct ourselves the same way we always have [by the rules].

We've been uprooted from our home forum, swept into another forum in a different part of Gaia entirely, and when we PMed the mods to work something out with them, they've told us that we just have to abandon our thread.
They've told us to be happy with Friends Chat, and they've told us we belong in the Chatterbox, and they've told us that our Discussion about the Gaian Community aren't suited for Gaia Community Discussion.

We've questioned their thought process, their decision, and tried to explain civilly how rightly pissed off we are that we've been shown less courtesy than the common LAWLZ IT'S EDITS TEIM NAO thread.

We're just asking for a home where we can continue to Discuss our respective aspects of the Gaian Community, as we have always done.
We just want a forum where we can continue to follow GCD guidelines as they were before they were butchered to exclude us. We just want a home.

Apple Blossom19
sasamiblue]lol thats what I was thinking Im all like what the....?

maybe he was distracted by Heros clif hanger en
tqwfes57:1="sasamiblue]lol thats what I was thinking Im all like what the....?

maybe he was distracted by Heros clif hanger ending?

First off, he is in California, where I live, and Heroes isn't on till 9PM PST and it is curently 7:07 pm here.

Second, don't tell the ending please. This is the drawback of the timezones. Cali is three hours ahead of the east coast so you know more before us.

thanks for the education! but if you want to know PM me

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Well, over in SF, we just heard from Pirula and the Forum Fairy about the description for SF being changed to include bugs. We're being told that having bugs reported is the best place for Devs to see and fix them, however, there needs to be a sunforum made, and by saying it needs to be made, it needs to be made YESTERDAY. All of SF is flooded with repeat threads on the PM glitch and Aquarium junk - it looks like Q+A lite, for heavens' sakes.

So when is this going to be fixed?

This change is entirely unacceptable - if I wanted to be in Q+A, I would be in Q+A. In SF, we work hard to bring up good threads, offering new item suggestions and things that would improve the site, and right now, we're drowning in crap.

Sparkly Wench

T h e s t e p H

Lanzer, we're telling you now that putting DISCUSSION threads in a CHAT forum is wrong. You don't have to wait to see how things might pan out. We were shoved into a forum whose rules we violate by being there, and we're not exactly asking for every other forum we cast our eyes on to change their rules to accommodate us.

We're asking for a home. It's not much to ask.

The forums are supposed to be the Core of Gaia. Well, if that's so then we're the Core users, and we're telling you that we've been mistreated, misplaced, and we're just asking for a forum where we can conduct ourselves the same way we always have [by the rules].

We've been uprooted from our home forum, swept into another forum in a different part of Gaia entirely, and when we PMed the mods to work something out with them, they've told us that we just have to abandon our thread.
They've told us to be happy with Friends Chat, and they've told us we belong in the Chatterbox, and they've told us that our Discussion about the Gaian Community aren't suited for Gaia Community Discussion.

We've questioned their thought process, their decision, and tried to explain civilly how rightly pissed off we are that we've been shown less courtesy than the common LAWLZ IT'S EDITS TEIM NAO thread.

We're just asking for a home where we can continue to Discuss our respective aspects of the Gaian Community, as we have always done.
We just want a forum where we can continue to follow GCD guidelines as they were before they were butchered to exclude us. We just want a home.

I love you, Steph. This post is way more coherent than anything I could've come up with.
I doubt these will get answered, but it's worth a shot. xd

1.Will we ever see the human form of the dark imp? The angelic one is cute, I want to see the dark one!
2. Will there be an announcement when invos are fixed? Once they're fixed I need to clean my ASAP! My whole second page is a mess! *can't stand to look at it* gonk
3. I don't remember reading this anywhere, but who's doing the art for the Gimpi and Dander? They're so cute. :3
4. And lastly, I have the same car that Bumblebee is at the beginning of the new Transformers move; it's yellow and everything. Should I add black stripes to it to make it look identical to Bumblebee? ninja
Lanzer
I agree, as a male I noticed that the salon update is usually more female oriented too, I'll help pitch in on behalf of guys who want better hair. wink

The feature with superior form is kind of tough, because making people naked is gonna cause quite a bit of stir... though I definitely agree, it would be pretty cool. biggrin

Luxord Wolf
Hey Lanzer,

Any chance of getting another salon update that is a little more male orientated? Almost every time there is any kind of update for hair its been mostly female related
Biancamella wig, cyber space wig, lusty wig... and so on. With no guy equivalent in site. =[

Its kinda disappointing to get the item, and have to wear clothing that doesn't really match the skin at all.

Also werewolves? >_>

naked shmaked! pixled nudies don't have genitals.

Unidentified Destroyer

12,200 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
Lanzer

Luxord Wolf
Hey Lanzer,

Also werewolves? >_>

Thank you. 3nodding
Maybe I will change my hair for the first time since I joined. whee

Also I think we can handle naked rag doll skin...
Thanks for the feedback. We are gonna make the cash shop easier to browse and start having a few items outside of EI too.

The rock item is actually an EI too, hope it'll be worth everyone's Gcash

Backwing quest will be worked on. Sorry it's taking so long...

One item? How about an admin pass that'll give you admin privileges? biggrin

I_Illusion
1) When are we finally gonna get a Cash Shop update with just very good and well done cheap cash clothing? I enjoy having Evolving Items but really? There's hardly ever clothing anymore.
2) The nightmare boxes was a little disapointing, are you making sure future box/chest/bag items are going to have more new items with alot of work to em? Like zOMG boxes? *best box ever >.>*
3) T.T Another aquarium update... 2 bucks for a digital rock... ._. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOUR PRICING TEAM!!!!
4) I heard the Monthly Collectable is about dreams *cough* more like saw *cough* >] yay! >.> <.< P.S. Thank god you fixed the leak fast >.> *no comment*
5) Ok... I wish to know... It's been so long.. When are we getting Angelic/ Demonic backwings?.... I would pay 9.99 in the cash shop for crying out loud for few poses and just the item itself! Do you got any ideal when it's gonna be released in the quest system?
6) If you got to make 1 item on Gaia what would it be? A sword? A awesome top? Shoes?
7) Don't you think this baby is super cute? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P6UU6m3cqk
cool If Ian and Rina went into a Nacho eating contest, who do you think will win?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff