Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone!

October is here and Halloween decorations are popping up everywhere. Have you picked out a costume yet?

We're having good progress on the Halloween event, and the new housing editor is close to completion! Can't wait to see the new houses that everyone setup.

Let's get started with this week's ATA!

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Hi again. sweatdrop
Being as I live in an area with no halloween activity, I won't dress up (plus I'm too poor to get a costume).

I was wondering... where is all of Gaia's gold coming from?
Just from hearing it around, most gold is granted through either zOMG! or Booty Grab.
Are there any other things that grant somewhat significant amounts of gold?
I can't play Booty Grab purely because of the near-computer-crashing lag.
I give up on zOMG! due to being unable to go anywhere without being gift-raped by evil monsters.
So, are there any other things a Gaian can do to get some good gold,
other than being a complete freak of nature who stalks the marketplace for
7294382 hours waiting for a misprice or being a master scammer manipulator?

As much as I'd like to make a journal or site feedback thread, AtA seems like the only place
that I even have a chance a staff member can read about how ******** up the system is.
Gaia used to be about having fun and hanging with your friends.
Now it is all about who pays the most money to get items
and the users who successfully manipulate the marketplace to inflate items out the wazoo.
Haven't you wondered why the userbase has shrunk over the past few years?

Why was Ocean Party abandoned?
I was a great game, and many people enjoyed it and wanted it imported.
As soon as the gold conversion option was removed, it was abandoned.
I took a look at the forum for it and many people don't even know what it is.
Please please PLEASE do something with it?
I tried creating a proposal for it, but I'm guessing many people don't remember it
or never played it, so they don't know what they're missing out on.

Lastly, why should I stay on Gaia?
I know I haven't grown out of it, but it rather seems like
Gaia grew far apart from what it used to be.
I seem to only be sticking around for events, friends,
and VERY patiently waiting for a reply to my mod app.

Can we get more items released in Bid Blast?
Four items isn't very much, making the prices go up due to bored users who love clicking buttons.

Distinct Explorer

1: What is the alien Zurg 09, Flarn doing since we last saw him as a judge with Jack, during Halloween 2009 auditions?

2: What does Jack do the other 364 days of the year, when it's not Halloween?

3: In 2009, in the minicomic where Jack was holding Halloween auditions, Azrael proposed a Halloween event “of brimstone and darkness and fire” but his suggestion got shot down by Jack. Will we see a Halloween event, in the future, where Azrael gets to carry out his own event, that he proposed 2 years ago?

4: Is Liam officially with Sam, since they got to dance together back during Promageddon 2009 event? Even though it was am who first shyly admitted that she'd rather dance with Liam, Liam never officially asked her out to hook up. Are they together or not?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Fractale
3: In 2009, in the minicomic where Jack was holding Halloween auditions, Azrael proposed a Halloween event “of brimstone and darkness and fire” but his suggestion got shot down by Jack. Will we see a Halloween event, in the future, where Azrael gets to carry out his own event, that he proposed 2 years ago?
Did Jack actually shoot down Azrael? My impression was the fallen angel accidentally set the building ablaze mid-speech and tryouts had to be cancelled before Jack could properly answer. (Although if this is Azrael's ability to control his actions, the answer probably should have been no in case he destroys all of Gaia.)

Malevolent Perfectionist

18,550 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
Lanzer
Hello everyone!

emotion_brofist Hello again, Lanzer! emotion_yatta

1. Has the staff ever considered that perhaps not everyone on Gaia needs and/or wants to have a gigantic, elaborate event in order to have fun for certain holidays? I mean, it's fairly obvious that you're all a little overworked/overstressed/etc. with everything ELSE going on with the site. sweatdrop

2. In regards to the previous question, and after what happened last year, was it ever an option to simply skip the Halloween event for zOMG this year -- especially with DMP coming out soon -- and just work on other events/things, such as a Christmas-themed event? *wants an ice-themed attack ring* emotion_kirakira

3. What's the one kind of candy that you just HAVE to have in very large quantities? emotion_omnomnom

Oh, and......Thanks for increasing the non-donor gold cap in zOMG! ninja

Witty Lunatic

11,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Do you know if there will be a Halloween REI/EI this year?

If there is can we have a hint please.

Original Gaian

10,600 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Moira's Valentine 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Hello Lanzer! Here's my questions. smile

1. Will we ever see any of these NPCs released? Sam was released and there was a lot of Gaia P.O.P. seen with the brown haired guy, any hints?

User Image

2. Any plans for more Meredith in the plot, or a more interactive bank/feature with her?

User Image

3. Any plans to continue the Devin x Lance romance plotline?

Supportive Sage

14,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Heeeeey Lanzer!

Is the new zOMG area going to be open all year round after the Halloween event this year, or is this going to be a special, once a year, super awesome Halloween extravaganza? Also will we be seeing new Halloween items from the new area/zOMG in general?

Distinct Explorer

Platonix
Fractale
Did Jack actually shoot down Azrael? My impression was the fallen angel accidentally set the building ablaze mid-speech and tryouts had to be cancelled before Jack could properly answer. (Although if this is Azrael's ability to control his actions, the answer probably should have been no in case he destroys all of Gaia.)
well Jack never did take Azrael's suggestion, he went with his own backup plan, so even if Jack never "officially" got to answer it, it seemed pretty clear that he didn't take Azrael's event suggestion into consideration.

Fashionable Vampire

Hi Lanzer.

I might as well take a stab on asking some questions:

1: Is Louie in the closet or not?

2: Any chances that more manga/storyline will follow this particular vampire?

3: Any hints on when Bren's shop is coming back?

4: Out of curiosity, is Devin the only GLBTI NPC on GAIA?
Hi Lanzer~! :3

I was wondering a few things...

- 1 - can we get a hint for halloween this year? :3

- 2 - wihen are we gonna get a WEAPONS SHOP?! sad

- 3 - Is Ruby single? >:3=
You're right, most gold come from zOMG and Bootygrab as of today, while we are still trying to balance things out more.

We've just adjusted Word Bump, Jigsaw and Pinball, and before that we adjusted forum post, so try the new settings and tell us what you think! It's going to be work in progress.

Ocean Party is a fun game though user interest was way too little, and compared to other games that are more popular, we could only find time to keep up with a number of them. We spend our time on more of the core features today.

One of the major problem that we faced is the fact that we give gold away, and there isn't a real system for taking that gold away. The purchasing system remains largely unchanged over the years, but because of inflation, it gives anyone who owns the rare items a lot more gold. Inflation remains to be the toughest problem that we face today.

We continue to create new games, new items, and events that are completely free, and we hope that between the free features and games, to friends who you hang out with, Gaia is still a place to hang out and have fun. I'm sorry that the rare and exclusive items are now harder to obtain, and unless we start the economy, I don't quite know how we can tackle the issue unfortunately. I hope that everything else we do remains to be creative and fun for you.

Crystal Sparda
Hi again. sweatdrop
Being as I live in an area with no halloween activity, I won't dress up (plus I'm too poor to get a costume).

I was wondering... where is all of Gaia's gold coming from?
Just from hearing it around, most gold is granted through either zOMG! or Booty Grab.
Are there any other things that grant somewhat significant amounts of gold?
I can't play Booty Grab purely because of the near-computer-crashing lag.
I give up on zOMG! due to being unable to go anywhere without being gift-raped by evil monsters.
So, are there any other things a Gaian can do to get some good gold,
other than being a complete freak of nature who stalks the marketplace for
7294382 hours waiting for a misprice or being a master scammer manipulator?

As much as I'd like to make a journal or site feedback thread, AtA seems like the only place
that I even have a chance a staff member can read about how ******** up the system is.
Gaia used to be about having fun and hanging with your friends.
Now it is all about who pays the most money to get items
and the users who successfully manipulate the marketplace to inflate items out the wazoo.
Haven't you wondered why the userbase has shrunk over the past few years?

Why was Ocean Party abandoned?
I was a great game, and many people enjoyed it and wanted it imported.
As soon as the gold conversion option was removed, it was abandoned.
I took a look at the forum for it and many people don't even know what it is.
Please please PLEASE do something with it?
I tried creating a proposal for it, but I'm guessing many people don't remember it
or never played it, so they don't know what they're missing out on.

Lastly, why should I stay on Gaia?
I know I haven't grown out of it, but it rather seems like
Gaia grew far apart from what it used to be.
I seem to only be sticking around for events, friends,
and VERY patiently waiting for a reply to my mod app.

Aekea Nerd

13,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
So I was thinking... This Halloween is going to be a masquerade of some sort, yes? Well, I believe the last masquerade we had on Gaia was the one where The Masque showed up. Can we expect anything that awesome to happen at this masquerade? emotion_kirakira

Also, will we be getting a new skin? Maybe more than one?

Aleksei's Waifu

Ruthless Strawberry

25,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Love Machine 150
Evening,
The following can be answered by any staff member.

1.What were your exceptions for proposals this year in Spring Cleaning?
2. Out of all the proposals which has caught your attention the most since staff isn't allowed to vote I hear?
3. In N Out or Del-Taco?

Bonus for Lanzer
4. Spicy Sushi or Plain Sushi?

(Did you know that PETA protested at a sushi bar in Spokane,WA a few weeks ago? lol)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff