Second, I'm having a small issue that I posted about last week and never got answered. I find the STOP icon used as a placeholder for blocked imaged to be distracting and I would like to block that image from showing (when I check no images, I mean no images). Unfortunately, the url for that icon is s.gif which is the same url for the reset option on items with multiple poses.
I know I was able to block the STOP icon before on my old laptop and I was wondering if there was a way to do so now?
I just want to keep asking cause I'm a curious little bugger. :B
1. Have you guys looked into "evolving skins" like evolving items, but... potions that change over time in accordance to certain actions? Like a grombie skin, except you could buy a consumable potion for at stage 3 and work your way up to stage 5?
2. Will we be seeing new skins in this event? Different shades for vampires and elves? Maybe a Dawnguard bat-monster transformation?
I don't want to stay on too long since I'm sick. emo Just want to ask a few things.
1. Have you ever considered making more tie-dye items for our avatars. The only tie-dye item I think we do have it that headband in that Flower Power item. It would be neat if we had more. Items like; shirts, tank tops, dresses, pants, skirts, jewelry, bags, scarfs, socks, shoes, etc.
2. Can we have more retro items on Gaia? Examples: record players and records, lava lamps, bean bag chairs, beaded curtains, etc.
3. Melon pan item!! I need a melon pan item to go with my melon pan mood bubble. They are so tasty!! The actual treat, not the mood bubble. sweatdrop
4. Are you guys going to do anything on Halloween in RL?
I'm hoping to be a pirate for Halloween!
Is anyone excited for the new episode of Gravity Falls?
We definitely want to put more measures to prevent mispricing and most ideas are actually more sophisticated, but I definitely agree that making units more visible do help. We'll put that on the list of improvements to be done ASAP. Thank you!
Here's a quick little experiment....i'm gonna flash you two images. Just quickly open and close them for 1 second, and 1 second only:
Did something draw your attention more in the 2nd pic?
If it did, this comparison worked you fell into my un-counterbalanced ploy. Big red letters attract attention. Red things in general attract attention. Red black and white are one of the world's most universal colors across cultures. /unrelated
Lately in SF lots of people still seem to be..hm...what's the word....uh...unsatisfied with the MP precautions for helping preventing people from making misprice mistake. A lot of this happens because when people list up prices in the MP, they are simply not paying attention.
What big red letters do is actively draw attention. Even for people who don't normally make misprice mistakes, if the "Buy now price" section were 1) colored red, 2) enlarged (bigger font) it would make it loads easier to locate this section instead of having to hunt for it on the confirm page. This change would benefit a lot of people and not just the people who post misprices. It might be unsightly on the MP page but that's the point, to make it an eyesore so that it draws attention from the inattentive. It might not look like much, but I think it would be a great way to help people with their attention issues when they misprice items.
That is all.
add: I am basing this suggestion on a little cognitive psychology about the color red and the factor of contrasts, but IMO this misprice issue is mostly an issue of attention. You can't get people to pay attention when they don't want to, but you can make it easier for people to pay attention to certain things on your web pages. Making the 'buy now price' red and in bigger font will help direct people's eyes to that area.
Good evening Gaia Staff! Congrats on making headway and opening up the beginnings of the Halloween event. A lot of excitement and speculation going on, can't wait to see how it all unfolds!
Here's some of my planned questions for tonight:
1) On behalf of the "Countess Ambrosia Fanthread" I'd like to ask if you could give us any more information or clues towards Countess Ambrosia. I'd like to expand a little and spark some discussion in the fanthread. Any new information you can give us on [NPC] Countess Ambrosia?
2) In Towns 2 we see an expansion on the Isle de Gambino location. In said expansion, we see the location of a building called "Screaming Daggers" with clear pirate themed imagery. For many years, users have theorized that this location on the map was going to be where the upcoming Weapons Shop would open. My second question concerns this. Are there still plans to open a Weapons Shop, and if so will Screaming Daggers be the location for said Weapons Shop?
3) Many users are concerned that with the rapid pace at which our fictional world is growing, that the attention given to expanding on our World Map is suffering horribly. Interesting and exciting new areas are being opened in many forms of media, from manga to R.I.G.s to mini-comics and etc. and users are patiently waiting for many of these amazing places to become part of our world map. My third question is, when will we see an expansion with new additions of map tiles to the World Map? Are there any specific locations planned on being added at this time?
3. Updates to this are currently on hold. Once we're farther along with Towns 2 we'll be updating the global map to reflect the updated world.