• Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Master Librarian 500
starzXnight

Uncle Kenny

codemonkey37179
lanzer

Zero Omega

Admins,
I honestly hate to say this, but you really don’t seem to be listening to your user base at all. A lot of us are kind of fed up with not knowing what is going & getting these flash sales thrown at us left & right. Can you guys either please let up or do something else?
For the flash sales: Why not has a monthly announcement that has a calendar of the sales during the month? It would clear up a lot of clutter & make it so not in our faces. Even a thing on the front page would be alright.
Listening to the user base: This is something you guys aren’t doing very well it seems. We get things given to us, only to have those dropped & taken away just months later. Be honest with us. We’re tired & very irritated at all this.

We’re you customers, & you’re friends. Can you please just try?

(Also… please… the centered site looks dreadful. DX )

Supportive Shapeshifter

15,400 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
borrowed
Possible answers from the Admin: PARTS 1 AND 2
(for your viewing and tipping pleasure...)

What are you gonna do about the inflation?
RELEASE MORE OF FLYNN'S BODY PARTS!

Why did you make gaia centered?
TO MAKE EVEN MORE MONEY, DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Can there be an option to de-center gaia?
NOPE, you gotta deal with it.

Any updates on the inventory arranger?
.... Ask again next week (And then the week after that and so on)

Are you aware that you are losing lots of users?
/busy counting money and creating new ways to make money
"Sorry, what did you say?"

Why do you like to piss off your users?
Because it's fun.

Is it possible you can space out the flash sales?
/new staff alert
"HEY GAIANS! RIGHT NOW IN LA VICTOIRE, ______ IS ON SALE!"

Will you stop ignoring your users?
/la lalalala goes dancing in a field

Wasabi? Gaming Consoles? Halloween Costumes?
Okay, we'll actually answer THESE questions.

Is Gaia dying?
No...

but secretly, yes.

Updates on manga, zOMG, guilds, towns 2, etc.?
Eh, we got nothing.

What about the 18+ site?
/releases another offensive survey to collect data for 18+ site

Pretty much =/

Invisible Poster

3,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Gaia staff, please hear us out.
Some of us care about you, too, and we understand your need for money.

But a lot of us feel as if you are betraying us, the users, for the sake of money.
When in reality, sites like these are all about the users and their support.

You're walking on thin ice.
Flynn's Booty, all of the sales, the centering of the site, the insulting survey, and more.
People are suspecting that you are trashing gaia for the sake of your sister site,
and have even stated that gaia is basically going down in ruins.
Many are leaving and going to other sites, where such issues are nonexistent,
because they just can't take any of this anymore.
Can't you see that you're losing your users?

We all appreciate everything that you have done for us,
including numerous updates and upgrades
and for making gaia one of the best sites to hang out with friends.

But please, don't bring gaia to ruins.
sad

Chatty Regular

Gendocide

Oh yeah
I also enjoy how the staff just expected users to accept the "oh sorry about that, we didn't mean for that version to go out" response for the survey
The fact is, Gaia staff knew about this - not just the person who made the poll. Those things don't just get put out my one person without any review
Staff members had to look through it and approve it.
What the hell were you thinking?

Bringing this back to ATA
wink

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
lanzer

While I can understand that you had your reasons for the centered site, what are you going to do about it causing some users (like me) eyestrain.

Amorous Receiver

27,215 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
The new format bites! there is no usability! its nasty! make it optional ONLY! I SAY WE BOYCOTT ALL THE CASH SHOPS ON GAIA UNTIL THEY RETURN THE FORMAT BACK! QUOTE ME IF YOU AGREE!

Jolly Soldier

16,950 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Generous 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Kiarra-Chan

starzXnight

Uncle Kenny

codemonkey37179

lanzer

Zero Omega

I was ignored 11 times now and I want my concern to be heard.

Does Gaia have any plans to fix the tagging system for the Marketplace?

As Gaia has been growing, more and more items have been added. A simple search for a keyword can bring up hundreds to thousands of results. Is there a way that could be fixed, so members don't have to search through pages and pages to find one item?

Also, GAIA COMES FIRST!

Pants

33,975 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
poor admins ...
Good luck to you all ...
-sips tea-

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
lanzer

GentIe AngeIic Artist

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ☼ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦

╔══════════════╗

First of all:

I would like to say thank you staff for your hard work, I'm sure things have been very hectic with the amount of opinions from loyal Gaians. I hope you all haven't gotten any gray hairs from all the feedback, and I hope you sort it out... But anywho!

I wanted to get my opinion out there and support the fellow Gaians who have the same concerns... I want everyone to be heard because we all have that desire to be heard.

1. Guild Format -- Update so that the Forum Site looks much like the Main Forum Layout? I'm tired of having errors because of my structure in them.

2. Inbox Format -- Same thing, but update the letter format so that it doesn't glitch up the font?

3. Different Lettering -- I'd love to have something other than the same font... Perhaps a new style? Like cursive?

4. Less Advertising -- I'd love it if we got a little decrease of the Cash Shops updates from your updates, to the NPC updates... It's getting a little frustrating.

5. MORE ITEMS FOR MALE AVATARS -- Them poor guys don't have much to play off of... I can help design stuff, but seriously, it will help!

6. OPTION TO OPT OUT OF THE NEW WEBSITE LAYOUT ** New complaint.

7. Release dates for the 2 new games in Playpen and are the going to follow similar suit to
smashblox? (pay GC to earn any kind of payout.)

8. Have we indeed seen the last of Flynn's Booty/Chest?

9. How many gold sinks do they have in the works and when can we see them implemented?

10. What are they going to do about this inflation? If anything?

11. What month can we expect Loyal's shop to open?

12. What partnership they made that required them to center the site?

Thank you for hearing out my concerns, as well as other Gaians who have the same concerns and I hope to get at least an answer to help these Gaians and ease these concerns. I hope that you can answer at least ONE question, and I will not repost again... But I want to ensure that my concerns as well as other Gaians who are worried about this.

Sincerely,

GentIe AngeIic Artist

╚══════════════╝

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ☼ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦

Can we get answers, Lanzer?

Tipsy Businessman

12,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Zanethemayor
I can't believe I have been ignored by the admin....

You and 60% of people that post in ATA, they try to get to all questions but with people FLOODING the damn thread they just see the same question over and over which leads to questions skipped a-lot. Then again if Admin's keep seeing the same question over and over, they clearly need to make an announcement or something answering that question seeing as soo many obviously don't know the answer.

Fashionable Lover

This is exactly what I was hoping to address

Vampire Toy
Answer me this, Gaia:

Vampire Toy
                      Okay, so this is gonna end up being my rant for the day.

So, Gaia, as I sit here and write this reply to your "Centered Site Bugs & Issues" thread, I can't help but glance at either side of my post to this hideous thing you have decided to implement. It clashes with this slate grey centerpiece that attempts to hold everything in the center while the sides are busy with color and a theme that doesn't even match the busy-ness of the centerpiece.

But I digress.

On Monday, July 29, 2013 at 9:33am PST, a poll was released, asking the opinions of Gaians whether or not they wanted this change to occur. Right now, as I'm looking at it, the results are, as follows:

Yes received 1113 votes
                      No received 2349 votes
                      Neutral received 1419 votes

A total of 4881 Gaians cast their votes on the matter, meaning that it was a very important decision for many of us. As you can see, more than half of the votes went into No. Do I really need to explain that this is majority vote?

Well, glancing at the sides of this page, I guess I must.

When a vote is won by such a landslide and the developers blatantly ignore the majority vote, one has to ask: why? How did they get a Yes out of so many goddamn No's? I have no idea, but the most "logical" thing I can think of is that they tacked Neutral onto the Yes's and had the following number:

Yes received 2532 votes
                      No received 2349 votes

Let me clarify in a way that you can understand, Gaia:
                      Neutral =/= Yes

In all sense of the voting procedure, voting as neutral should have been removed from the vote count completely because the Gaians who voted neutral were neither for nor against this horrific decision.

Unfortunately, despite everyone demanding the site to have an option to return to normal (considering it was the decision that majority of Gaians wanted in the first place), we are instead faced with the fact that there is no option to change back, nor is there a plan for one to be implemented, as stated by Uncle Kenny in a few posts: [x] [x]

SO, not only did Gaia just assume that we wanted this site (because look at the numbers, right?) but they assumed it so thoroughly that they don't even have a backup plan for the negative backlash that this new layout has caused. Great. Lovely.

I personally hate this new layout. Not because it's new and I'm a typical human who doesn't like changes or whatever it is that Gaia Devs like to tell themselves when they release new features like this one, but because, well...

Gaia, you didn't listen to us. You instead choose to twist some numbers, do whatever it is that you wanted to do, and expected us to swallow and obey and to learn to like it.

Well, I don't like it, Gaia. Not one bit. And if this thread isn't proof enough of that, then you guys are living with your heads far up places they oughtn't be.

----------------------

tl;dr: The new layout looks like poo poo. Majority didn't want it to begin with. Yar yar yar.

Posted this elsewhere, thought it was appropriate here, too. o3o

GrumpehKitten's Husband

Liberal Citizen

9,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Why is there no-opt out option for the centered layout? Aside from squishing text smaller, it hurts my eyes to look at. And from what I saw, polling indicated extreme opposition from users about the idea to begin with, yet why did you go with it anyways?

Revered Inquisitor

Gavyn the Mighty
User Image

I am Gavyn the Mighty and I approve of this message.

" Can the forums as a whole ever get the feature that the admins have hear when they reply?

i.e. when it shows above a post "replied by: ADMIN-NAME-HERE" and you can click to go to the post?

I think if the forums had this as a whole, it would be very, very nice. "

Art by Samanthai

Diligent Prophet

7,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Why do all the admins combined take 10 minutes to write seven replies? I'm pretty sure all of you have an APM (actions per minute) superior to 15

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff