Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Rgoodermote

I tried and filmed myself trying a Ghost Pepper, word to the wise, don't. Things happened that I'm sure shouldn't happen to a human body. The Ghost Pepper was that painful. I can only imagine what that one would be like.

I also think there is a 50/50 chance that some one in here is going to quote this, point and laugh and then wonder how long it's going to take for me to buy those peppers and try them.

Well I have an answer for you! Probably soon if they are legal for importing into the US.

Are you a hot foods sort of person in general. Like I have shared my sauce with a bunch of people who work at the same place as me, and there has only been one other person who can handle it. I know some people just dont have the stomach (and mouth I guess) lining for it.

I know you can buy the seeds easily from amazon in the US, the peppers you could probally find easily enough with a quick search.

Let me know if you do try it ninja

Playful Guildswoman

Rejam
My question is twofold:

1) Do you think the lately-ramped-up attempts to get more gcash out of your users are having a backfire effect by damaging faith in Gaia's ability to remain viable? I know two people who have canceled autocash because they fear Gaia's imminent demise. They fear this as a result of Gaia's transparently-desperate cash grabs.

2)...the recent transparent grabs for more money makes it seem like Gaia is hemorrhaging profits. It's hard to justify spending money on a site that is making all the moves of a dying business, and even harder when that same site is openly saying that long-awaited, long-promised fixes (guilds) are being shelved because those fixes can't be monetized immediately.

...everything Gaia is doing--the five hundred dollar backwings, the desperate-feeling Halo releases, etc.--makes it seem like it's teetering on the brink of collapse. People are getting nervous. This is having the opposite of the effect of making people spend money. Some of the larger threads and guilds I hang out in are already trying to talk about how they can move to an off-site status--and they weren't doing that a couple of months ago, before Gaia started making grabby hands and gasping dying noises at their cash. A currency is only as strong as people believe it is, and that includes both gold and gcash.

...Why would a restaurant struggling to make ends meet inform their customers that they could only purchase appetizers unless they'd already been there to dinner every week for a year?

Rayze Valen's Queen

Divine Dragon

19,650 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Flynn needs to hightail her behind home >:l

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

starzXnight

Questions!

➊Will Flynn’s Booty/Chest stop being released because it screws up gold value so badly?
➋Will Smashblox prizes ever be nerfed, since you’re essentially adding 12mil every 30 mins?
➌ Will we get a wider range of priced items in the Cash Shop? Like bringing back some of the older cheap items and having some kind of bargain section for those of us who would like to buy but cannot afford to drop $25+?

Devoted Star

13,600 Points
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Tax Evader 100
Since the ads have been put up a few people are having trouble connecting to towns,games, ect.
Do you have any suggestions for these people including myself?
-Already tried clearing cache, and removes ad blocker-
What's your favorite kind of chili?
I ask because I just finished helping my mom make her home made green chili~
Hopefully it gets first place ribbon again this year mrgreen

Tipsy Roisterer

When are you going to update the Avatar Arena? It's been ages since we were promised an update.

Amorous Receiver

27,215 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
The new format bites! there is no usability! its nasty! make it optional ONLY! I SAY WE BOYCOTT ALL THE CASH SHOPS ON GAIA UNTIL THEY RETURN THE FORMAT BACK! QUOTE ME IF YOU AGREE!

Stone-cold Loiterer

Pegasaurus Rex
I am wondering why we've not seen any updates for: Manga, Inventory Arranger, Guilds, Arenas, Fishing, Towns, Alchemy, Aquariums, or Games (like Word Bump and Puzzles). The only updates we get are Cash related and new Games that are pay-to-play. Where is all the money from sales going? Why aren't we seeing anything besides a grab for more money?

Still wondering...

Romantic Seeker

12,550 Points
  • Tundra Brawler 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Anya_Eliza
I have two questions here...

1. why does has the gaia support gone lax? use to be when I was a new user you could email an admin if you had a problem that didn't fit under "bugs" or found something unusual and thought they needed to know about it... now you have to take a number and cross your fingers in hopes that someone sees it, and that it doesn't get buried under everything else.

2. I've 4 accounts, I've noticed something odd. When the change was made to the marketplace to allow users to sell 20 items instead of 10, two of my accounts didn't change. In fact, I believe a sent a report about this and never heard back on the issue. If it was just my mule accounts than I suppose I could understand, but it's not just them. My oldest account, that I've used as much as the account I use for rpg has that problem along with one of my mules and one of my mules can sell 20 like my rpg account can. So my question is... what gives?

Also, just a note... the site is a little laggy on centering... and kinda leaves a "white" space below where the end of the page should be upon loading. I kind of expected this though since it was just implemented. No offense admins... but almost anything that's been released that is new always seems to have a bug or two. I've been here so long (around 2003/2004ish) I'm used to it.

quoting until answered

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
starzXnight
Miyaka Hana
Hi everyone. Besides the site centering being a big nuisance, I do have a MP glitch I'd like to bring to your attention. o:

When I use the mp on my opera browser the prices over ride the button. D; Like so-

User Image

Uncle Kenny

codemonkey37179

Please report your problem here

This is not because of the centered site, this has been around before they thought about implementing the centered site.

Chatty Regular

Possible answers from the Admin: PARTS 1 AND 2
(for your viewing and tipping pleasure...)

What are you gonna do about the inflation?
RELEASE MORE OF FLYNN'S BODY PARTS!

Why did you make gaia centered?
TO MAKE EVEN MORE MONEY, DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Can there be an option to de-center gaia?
NOPE, you gotta deal with it.

Any updates on the inventory arranger?
.... Ask again next week (And then the week after that and so on)

Are you aware that you are losing lots of users?
/busy counting money and creating new ways to make money
"Sorry, what did you say?"

Why do you like to piss off your users?
Because it's fun.

Is it possible you can space out the flash sales?
/new staff alert
"HEY GAIANS! RIGHT NOW IN LA VICTOIRE, ______ IS ON SALE!"

Will you stop ignoring your users?
/la lalalala goes dancing in a field

Wasabi? Gaming Consoles? Halloween Costumes?
Okay, we'll actually answer THESE questions.

Is Gaia dying?
No...

but secretly, yes.

Updates on manga, zOMG, guilds, towns 2, etc.?
Eh, we got nothing.

What about the 18+ site?
/releases another offensive survey to collect data for 18+ site

Spending real money in a virtual place, this seems to have become the status quo for being a member of the Gaian community.. for people who are concerned over a token community.

I am more interested in meeting writers, and people who are motivated to story telling, so it's not that much of an impact on me.

I am interested in the application process for those who are chosen to moderate the threads. There is a huge difference in judgement from one person to another. And a few people who are going through the process whom make it very clear that they do so to settle personal vendetta's. This worries me. It's not an easy job to begin with, and it's more difficult to mediate in a virtual setting because the context of the conflicts involved are often missed by someone outside of vicious abusive cycle.

Nanzzy-chan's Problem

Spicy Librarian

43,675 Points
  • Potion Master 50
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Master Librarian 500
starzXnight

Uncle Kenny

codemonkey37179
lanzer

Zero Omega

Admins,
I honestly hate to say this, but you really don’t seem to be listening to your user base at all. A lot of us are kind of fed up with not knowing what is going & getting these flash sales thrown at us left & right. Can you guys either please let up or do something else?
For the flash sales: Why not has a monthly announcement that has a calendar of the sales during the month? It would clear up a lot of clutter & make it so not in our faces. Even a thing on the front page would be alright.
Listening to the user base: This is something you guys aren’t doing very well it seems. We get things given to us, only to have those dropped & taken away just months later. Be honest with us. We’re tired & very irritated at all this.

We’re you customers, & you’re friends. Can you please just try?

(Also… please… the centered site looks dreadful. DX )

Winner

Zero Omega
Nimty
Zero Omega
Nimty
Will you guys make an option to let us choose to use centered or not? lol

Not planned currently, sorry.
Thank you for at least answering.
Can anyone answer why it only effects some of the site then and not all of it? 'Cause I'm sure we'd forget about it eventually but with it re-adjusting for all us forum users between posting and just clicking around.. it gets irritating.

It was a compromise because we know some users didn't want the forums centered because it would mess with their layouts. That and it also doesn't really function that great right now.

As a long time user of Gaia Labs centered site... all of my layouts have been completely ruined. :< The centered site feature in Gaia Labs was golden because I could leave a link at the top of my threads saying "activate centered site to view this layout correctly" so people without it activated knew why it didn't look right. With Labs' centered site I could plan my layouts with the appox. 670 pixels of width I had in a post, using imgleft and imgright to set up all kinds of tricks, but with everything running full monitor width, which varies by user, I can't lay out posts to my liking - which is really frustrating since I was working on a big project for the past week that was nearing completion.

I suppose I'm probably in the minority, but it would be beautiful if there were some setting that could make the whole site consistent like there was through Gaia Labs before. I can get used to anything, even things I'm not happy with initially, as long as it's consistent. It's jarring to go back and forth from centered to screen width, especially since there's soooo much white space in the forums that it's kind of blinding in a dim room.

Sorry if any of this is repeating things that have already been said or even responded to, I take a long time to organize my thoughts into words. u__u

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff