Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
Narumi Misuhara
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo! ...It's all ruined!!!!!!

...just kidding smile

We're counting on you to bring the holiday events around next year to incorporate plot. The random disconnect of current holiday events is bothering a large number of us.

What is this, the 5th masquerade we've had?

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Catalyste
Existential Existence
Catalyste
Panagrammic
So that a newly registered mule can't troll the bids too much.

Catalyste
Why did the price of the tickets for Bid Blast rise? I find it odd since we're already paying for the winning bid, but to pay more for the ticket to have a bid is too much of a gold sink.

As in if they can't afford the price of the ticket, then they can't really participate in bidding for an item?

Can't you just script a participation delay for new accounts on features like this instead of raising the price?

Lol, just saw your edit.

100g isn't a lot...

I'm pretty sure I can earn 20x that much in one grab from a good tank biggrin

'sides if you bid with the old system, do you really expect to win? You're just draining 10g each bid because someone will bid right after you, even if the auction item is over the MP price. These sort of tweaks seem necessary to make bidblast end before it's final end time.

If 100g is too much they can always tweak it lower. It's worth a shot trying it at least, don't you think?

My thing here is that if it's to prevent mules from trolling games, then it's going to fail. 100g is not expensive enough to thwart a troll's efforts. People who create mules are already aware of how to make gold fast. That's why I was asking about a delay to prevent new accounts from participating in these games.

I would ask though, if 100g is not expensive enough to twart trolling of bids, then wouldn't 100 be also inexpensive for non-troll users? Especially since they have more gold to work with.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Thanks for sharing the dev notice here first...Makes me feel privilaged heart

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Existential Existence
Catalyste
Existential Existence
Catalyste
Panagrammic
So that a newly registered mule can't troll the bids too much.

Catalyste
Why did the price of the tickets for Bid Blast rise? I find it odd since we're already paying for the winning bid, but to pay more for the ticket to have a bid is too much of a gold sink.

As in if they can't afford the price of the ticket, then they can't really participate in bidding for an item?

Can't you just script a participation delay for new accounts on features like this instead of raising the price?

Lol, just saw your edit.

100g isn't a lot...

I'm pretty sure I can earn 20x that much in one grab from a good tank biggrin

'sides if you bid with the old system, do you really expect to win? You're just draining 10g each bid because someone will bid right after you, even if the auction item is over the MP price. These sort of tweaks seem necessary to make bidblast end before it's final end time.

If 100g is too much they can always tweak it lower. It's worth a shot trying it at least, don't you think?

My thing here is that if it's to prevent mules from trolling games, then it's going to fail. 100g is not expensive enough to thwart a troll's efforts. People who create mules are already aware of how to make gold fast. That's why I was asking about a delay to prevent new accounts from participating in these games.

I would ask though, if 100g is not expensive enough to twart trolling of bids, then wouldn't 100 be also inexpensive for non-troll users? Especially since they have more gold to work with.

Well the point is to reduce people from making "joke" bids to just raise the price. It wouldn't matter to the serious users if 100g was inexpensive or not.

Maybe the devs can make a new "ban" system that will enable them to boot people they catch making "troll" bids. Because trying to get them to change their mind via increasing gold cost of ticket is bound to affect those who wish to participate on a hopefully inexpensive venture.

Man-Hungry Nerd

59,500 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Hi lanzer and co.

First, thank you (and Reapersun) for getting another C.O.Pietro update out. I wish to know how many more updates for it are coming and when we can expect them.

And second, thank you Pan for listening to our concerns and complaints about Alchemy and DOING SOMETHING about it. The user base sometimes feel like Gaia doesn't listen and our feedback isn't being heard. We appreciate it when the high ups are posting in SF to discuss with us. (Also, sorry for how rude some of the participants were. They are so passionate, though, because it is important to us all).

And last, thanks for bringing back the NORMAL EIs. I hope it'll have a lot of poses like the old EIs used to have (see Nightmare, etc), esp because of the $9.99 price tag...

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
Not aimed at any one dev. This thread is moving extremely slowly, so I thought I'd toss something else out.

Speaking of the Halloween event as a platform for introducing more races, (rather than items) do you expect we'll see any more new types of Gaians?

Werewolves! (not made from Bad moon, Twin Wolves, Frenki, or Black Wolf)
Apart from Bad Moon, making a were only provides us with ears and a tail.
-Shiny_Tsukkomi-
Good Evening Lanzer and Co~

--Is the QA for Dead Man's Shadow going along smoothly? I heard you ran into a couple of nasty bugs...
--Do you plan on releasing any Alchemy formulas that will require only components found in zOMG (like the Lawnshark Blades)?
--Any news on when Resort World will get an update?
--It's a bit of a stupid question, but here goes: Is the Gaia Staff allowed to vote for Spring Cleaning proposals?

Oh nothing to worry about, bugs just mean a bit of a delay

Not currently, as the first few formulas are designed to be accessible by everyone. More focused formulas will probably be released later.

No news yet, but we do expect to see one in the future.

The answer is no, Gaia staff don't get to vote in Spring Cleaning, or it would defeat the purpose of it being a Gaian focused event! biggrin

Have a great week everyone, see you all next Monday!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff