Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

Good evening staff! How are the final days of the summer season going? Does anyone have plans for autumnal fun, like going to see the foliage around the mountain areas or attending some festivals? I am already anxiously looking forward to Halloween so I can scare little children, again! twisted

~Rocky Horror Picture Show items please! emotion_kirakira

~ I have to give some love to oxydizer for creating these new achievements and I hope to see even more to work towards, including more "wear generic X item" ones; I want a "Wear a pink item" one with one of the Titles being "Magenta" (since it is a shade of pink). emotion_dowant

~ I also have to give some love to those responsible for finally giving us all the Tonfa that had alluded release since 2003! Perhaps we can see more of the unreleased items and such, like the rest of the Elemental Halos that were leaks a few years back?

~ For Titles, is it possible to have every one available in both the left and right menus to choose from? Many titles can be both adjectives and nouns depending on context (e.g. "Phantom": "Tipsy Phantom" and "Phantom Hoarder" ) and it really is disappointing when you want a certain word to be in a certain place, but because of the setup, it is impossible to have it as such.

~ Would it be possible to return the Golden Magical Giftbox formula back into The Bifrost? I saw a post from a tank owner who used all of the Pink Magical Giftboxes he received from both his and his friend's tank, along with any tank he played with Grunny Subs, to craft Golden Magical Giftboxes because there really was no other worth to the Pink Giftboxes otherwise. I know he cannot be the only person who has such a tank and/or who plays those tanks in order to receive something other than gold. If this is the case, then those Giftbox values (which are cheap to begin with) will plummet even further in addition to making the value of the items inside even more worthless. It also does not help when the Neck Scarves called for in one stage of the backwings formulas are several million gold on the MP and are very small in availabilty because they come from the Golden Gifboxes, and if those boxes cannot be created anymore outside of the normal random events and the rare DC pulls, then the Quests will tack on even more expenses and possibly time to complete from this one issue alone.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Olympic Champion

8,600 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Medalist 100
lanzer
Hello everyone!

Hope you all had fun at last week's event. For those who have an Android phone, be sure to check out the "Gaia On The Go" android app on the Google Play store. All the main features are now complete and most of the bugs are ironed out.

Welcome to ATA everyone!

Would a user run reality show contest be permitted if we were to use the towns as a way to split up the teams? As in ( Using the RO town split to divide teams. ) Or is that against the TOS.

Would Gaia ever sponsor a user run contest? Gaians have talent that we would love to show off.

Just a couple of thoughts. Thanks smile

Scurvy Pirate

Maggot
With these database changes are we any closer to having a facial hair system?

Unfortunately, no. This was just so our regular item ids didn't meet our game items ids and decide to bring down the site.

Romantic Genius

Buki
Good evening.

Good evening to you too Buki. Your avi is very super duper cute. 4laugh

Olympic Champion

8,600 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Medalist 100
lanzer
Hello everyone!

Hope you all had fun at last week's event. For those who have an Android phone, be sure to check out the "Gaia On The Go" android app on the Google Play store. All the main features are now complete and most of the bugs are ironed out.

Welcome to ATA everyone!

Side note: Unrelated to anything Gaia

Borderlands 2 Drops Today!!!!... are you guys excited as I am?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Is the Alchemy formula for the Golden Magical Giftbox going to remain unavailable outside the Marketplace? I understand why the formulas for the lesser Giftboxes and Trunks went away, but crafting Golden Giftboxes is actually useful for Alchemy.

For one thing, Booty Grab is still pumping out Pink Giftboxes like there's no tomorrow, and some people (mostly high-class tank owners, I think) were actually finding it convenient to craft Golden Giftboxes with the 50-Pink-Giftbox option, and then use those Golden Giftboxes to craft Caches and Cases. With the Golden Giftbox formula removed from circulation, Pink Giftboxes are losing value.

Second, crafting medium or large Backwings requires the Angelic or Demonic Neck Scarf, and those are only found in the Golden Giftbox. Taking the Golden Giftbox formula out of circulation makes these already-highly-rare items even rarer. This is the sort of thing that makes Gaia's users think you and we have very different ideas of what it means when you say you want everyone to have a fair chance at crafting the Backwings.

Friendly Gaian

13,825 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
I was wondering when Heralds of Chaos is going to be ready to play. It looks like a cool game. razz

Angelic Nitemare

Buki
Good evening.

-Tips you, and gains the Lavish Tipper tag-

Awesome. -Sits atop your head, munching on swiss cake rolls-

IRL Gekko

O.G. Gaian

9,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Opera Phantomess
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

~Rocky Horror Picture Show items please! emotion_kirakira

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

I know, not Gaia related but this month's themed Bike Party ride is Rocky Horror razz Just thought I'd mention that because you reminded me of it. XP

IRL Millionaire

Zero Omega
Squee Nii
Zero Omega
User Image
Oh god awesome but creepy. gonk

Last half of last week was a bust for me, sorry, had to make an emergency trip back down to Los Angeles, so I've got a few days worth of stuff to catch up on.
And then is it my turn? emotion_kirakira

Romantic Genius

Platonix
Is the Alchemy formula for the Golden Magical Giftbox going to remain unavailable outside the Marketplace? I understand why the formulas for the lesser Giftboxes and Trunks went away, but crafting Golden Giftboxes is actually useful for Alchemy.

For one thing, Booty Grab is still pumping out Pink Giftboxes like there's no tomorrow, and some people (mostly high-class tank owners, I think) were actually finding it convenient to craft Golden Giftboxes with the 50-Pink-Giftbox option, and then use those Golden Giftboxes to craft Caches and Cases. With the Golden Giftbox formula removed from circulation, Pink Giftboxes are losing value.

Second, crafting medium or large Backwings requires the Angelic or Demonic Neck Scarf, and those are only found in the Golden Giftbox. Taking the Golden Giftbox formula out of circulation makes these already-highly-rare items even rarer. This is the sort of thing that makes Gaia's users think you and we have very different ideas of what it means when you say you want everyone to have a fair chance at crafting the Backwings.

Nods, in agreement to all this.. 3nodding
The issue is tricky as it doesn't exactly constitute as an offense and we should have it enforced on the server side. I'll probably need to talk to a few more admin to get a solid answer concerning this.

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll take them into consideration.

Knight Yoshi
This post has three questions.

So back in May I had asked about the avatar feature from the MP being a violation and DARKNRGY said that it should be enforced on the server side. I want to know if this is still the case that it's not permitted, because from my understanding there's conflicted information going around whether it's permitted or not. It's also stirring up some problems such as this:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/questions-assistance/being-reported-for-a-issue/t.82129163/

What's the possibility of us being able to use BBcode to create a span or div element with an assigned ID tag (maybe even class tags?), [id="set-id-tag"][/id]
So that we could directly link to a particular part in a post, such as http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.thread_number/#set-id-tag. That can potentially be a largely used feature for guides, shops, contests and even profiles; being able to link directly to a specific part within a post could be very beneficial. You could even have a server-side security script in place in conjunction. If the ID tag they're trying to use is already in the page, use plain text, other wise convert it to a span or div element
We both know it's feasible, but would that be an idea that's acceptable?

The IP Verification feature, what's the chances of us getting an option to delete authorized IPs? It seems like a security risk to not be able to revoke authorization of an IP address. Such as if a friend's IP is authorized and they know the password but the friendship breaks, you should not have to change the password just to prevent them from accessing it. The purpose of IP verification is to revoke access from unwanted users, not being able to delete an IP address defeats this.

carbonphyber
Also, dropdowns in forums and guilds should be fixed for users that experienced issues.
Awesome! Thanks Carbonphyber. smile

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Squee Nii
Zero Omega
Squee Nii
Zero Omega
User Image
Oh god awesome but creepy. gonk

Last half of last week was a bust for me, sorry, had to make an emergency trip back down to Los Angeles, so I've got a few days worth of stuff to catch up on.
And then is it my turn? emotion_kirakira

Quite potentially! I just have to hope your PM wasn't deleted, I noticed that a bulk of my PMs were suddenly deleted. My inbox dropped from 98% to 92%

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff