Hope you all had fun at last week's event. For those who have an Android phone, be sure to check out the "Gaia On The Go" android app on the Google Play store. All the main features are now complete and most of the bugs are ironed out.
This post has three questions (still has two left).
So back in May I had asked about the avatar feature from the MP being a violation and DARKNRGY said that it should be enforced on the server side. I want to know if this is still the case that it's not permitted, because from my understanding there's conflicted information going around whether it's permitted or not. It's also stirring up some problems such as this: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/questions-assistance/being-reported-for-a-issue/t.82129163/
What's the possibility of us being able to use BBcode to create a span or div element with an assigned ID tag (maybe even class tags?), [id="set-id-tag"][/id]
So that we could directly link to a particular part in a post, such as http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.thread_number/#set-id-tag. That can potentially be a largely used feature for guides, shops, contests and even profiles; being able to link directly to a specific part within a post could be very beneficial. You could even have a server-side security script in place in conjunction. If the ID tag they're trying to use is already in the page, use plain text, other wise convert it to a span or div element
We both know it's feasible, but would that be an idea that's acceptable?
The IP Verification feature, what's the chances of us getting an option to delete authorized IPs? It seems like a security risk to not be able to revoke authorization of an IP address. Such as if a friend's IP is authorized and they know the password but the friendship breaks, you should not have to change the password just to prevent them from accessing it. The purpose of IP verification is to revoke access from unwanted users, not being able to delete an IP address defeats this.
Also, dropdowns in forums and guilds should be fixed for users that experienced issues.
may you Please explain why the warning does not appear when listing this Mythrill Halo at 42,764 gold
but it does when listing it at 42,763 gold ??
make the improvement im suggesting. "change the format of the warning"
if people dont like it , they will complain in site feedback, after that you may change it back like it was.
as today i havent seen people complaining about the new Red warning
i know theres a Difference between Underpricing and Mispricing items.
Definition of underprice: sell at artificially low prices (dumping items)
1. To price lower than the real, normal, or appropriate value.
2. To sell at a lower price than (a competitor): one store that underpriced others of its kind.
A mispricing is something that has the wrong price on it.
An example of mispricing is an Ancient Katana listed for 160000 instead of 1600000
That's what it's all about !
now, what can we do to end this Mispricing issue, once and for all?
ill tell you.... wink
1. Last week I talked about the new PJAX and was wondering is there an event that is caused once the page is finished loading?
Reason behind this some developers of Extensions, Script, and Userscripts applications break once it updates. So was thinking if there could be an event for us to listen for.
Also big plus for fixing the avatar menus after doing a PJAX request.
*"the first place winner will receive an avatar art drawn by one of the zOMG artist. The second and third place winner will also receive avatar art drawn by other zOMG devs (these will probably end up looking like stick-figure drawings with crayons, so be warned, haha!)." x3
1. Waffles companion. Waffles plush for avi. Waffles plush in real life!
2. Speaking of in real life gaia items, so what if you got screwed over by the last company you worked with. That's no reason to just give up. Find a new trustworthy company and start producing all the highly requested stuff! Maybe even hire a couple people into the company to get it started and running.
3. Please don't gloss over this or give a fake answer. Do you (the alchemy team) plan to tweek things to make the back wings acheivable for less then, say, 50 million gold? Or are they only meant for the top 1% of gaians?