Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone, how is your weekend? For those who don't know, yesterday was the Chinese Moon Festival, that's the night when the moon is the biggest and brightest in the year. So look up in the sky for that extra bright full moon tonight. smile

Invisible Cat

Hi Lanzer!
My questions are:

1.Will we have NPC plushies as an item someday? sad

2. What will you be for Halloween in real life and on gaia?
OMG I SEE THE MOON.. Its gigantic and beautiful.

Hey Lanzer, 3 questions for you. (I actually got to one of these, Teehee!)

Uno: DO you know anything about or have and tidbits about the Halloween event? The past couple years have been really cool, and now I'm impatient D:

Dos: Is there a possibility of having another Gaia Film Festival? I really enjoyed the last one.

Tres: How was your weekend?

Aged Gaian

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
Hey Lanzer! How was your week?
The item update is awesome! I love all the items...

But anyways...
Any chance the new Dr. Singh could stalk some of our NPC's? I'd love some of their stuff.

And with Gaians giving back, could we do some stuff for supporting the fight against breast cancer?
We could all get lil pink ribbons for our chests.
Hey Lanzer & Crew:

The Celebrity Snare was pretty interesting. Were you approached in having the sponsorship? Even though it's not to my tastes, the items were wonderfully drawn. The artist did a great job on Snoop Dogs face. :3

I know this is brought up often, but when will guilds be updated to the same functions as the rest of the forums? They're quite archaic, and I have the issue of not being alerted to new posts. (Guild posts and sub forums are always marked as read.) It's pretty frustrating - I really like my guilds and I hate to miss out on conversations.

The Gaia's Giving Back is a great idea and I can't wait for it to come to fruition. What percentage of the sales will be donated to the given charity? Tae mentions in the thread that "the charities chosen to receive the proceed are ones YOU, our users, get to choose" - does that mean the users not only get to choose the type, but also the actual charity? Or did I misread that? What sort of screenings do the charities go through? And, it just states "animals" - is it animal welfare or animal rights? There is a large difference between the two and an individual who supports one may not support the other.

Weekend was fabulous. The weather was quite nice and we were able to check out a new restaurant with a great patio. And.. I wish I had a telescope! Thanks for the info - I'll go star moon gazing tonight. :3
Hey Staff! check out my feed back thread about the plot I have gotten a lot of cool ideas from the community, and would like to make shore more people look at…so far my asking people to read and post in the thread isn’t helping it gain attention. How do I permute a thread until the dev team can read it and make it worthy of there time with out looking like a desperate spammer who keeps posting links to the thread?

Prakash Singh, does he have a cute female Assistant about Timmy’s age names Tammy? If not can he? And will there be a thread open to suggestions on celebrities to make items after? I assume that you got the people endorsing these items and all etc…and for some reason did the new NPC idea instead of the quest idea.

Why look for talent in China and San Jose only? Why not try looking in Canada or Japan or some place in the states like New York or New Jersey?
You could bench out and build Gaia offices all over with big flashy signs so we all know were the Gaia offices are when we drive by.
First off Lanzer, let me just say thank you. Thank you for the item update today. I also thank any and every person who helped make this update. Everyone from the people who designed the items, to the ones who put them up in the shop. This is exactly what I've been wanting for some time now. Now then..

1. Does the robot that is currently in Towns have any name? Or is he just an unnamed robot?

2. Where did Delugeau go after the Summer festival event? Was he put in storage or something?

3. How is Electric Love Factory going? Can we get any news on it?

Mega Shopper

12,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Profitable 100
Hi, Lanzer. Long time, no post. wink

Moving along, here are my questions:

1.) Does this dress make me look fat?
2.) When will we be able to engrave our jewelry?
3.) Do you think you have a St. Patrick's Day Event next year that would release 4 Leaf Clover Hairpins?
4.) When will gifting be re-enabled again?
5.) You know how the Cash Shop had the Pearl Earrings and Necklace Sets which came in 5 colors (ruby, sapphire, emerald, amethyst, onyx), right? Well, for the longest time, the Pearl and Diamond Earrings (and Necklace) were displayed, and I was wondering, will they ever be released? (Here`s a little help in case you don't know what I'm talking about. *v Look below v*)
User Image

I wanted to thank whoever fixed the Silver Bracelet. I've been waiting for it to "act" like the Gold Bracelet.

You (and the rest of the crew - all 100+ of you) take care now, you hear?

P.S. I underlined the important parts of the third of the important (Gaia-related) questions to help you find the question. The other questions are relatively easy to spot. Also, you don't have to answer the last three questions if you're short on time.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Staff subforum

AskED the admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

Profitable Consumer

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Rebuilder 100
Oh wow I forgot this was today
okayquestion

Why was there no g ranger in the update today?
sci fi updade would have been perfect for it

Oh yeah, and why doesnt prize and joy have preview items?

Shadowy Cat

Hiya Lanzer.

Well, to get right down to it, a lot of users are upset at the redesign of the My Gaia page, the lack of having a poll on this redesign, and what appears to be too much of a focus on new users.

With the look of the redesign, a lot of users believe that Gaia is heading towards a Facebook/Myspace look and this is concerning a lot of us. A lot of us miss the anime/fantasy feel that Gaia once had and we are sad to see less and less of it on the site. When I joined Gaia, I loved the anime/fantasy feel it had and how it didn't feel like the real world. Along with this lack of the Old Gaia feel, people have noticed that there seems to be too much focus on new users. We just feel that oldbies and the old Gaia are being forgotten about and that there is way too much focus on new users.
-How do you feel about the direction that Gaia seems to be heading towards?
-Do you feel like Gaia has lost that Old Gaia feel we once had?

I found it odd that there was no poll about this redesign in either feedback thread. I think it would have been a really good thing to have a poll before the release and after it was released so that we could see what people were thinking by looking at the numbers along with responses. Along with this, users did ask to have a poll and we never even saw one. With this, we are feeling like admins aren't listening to us and this is a big problem.
-Do you have any idea why there wasn't a poll on this? Or, if there was a poll, why was it taken down?
-Do you feel like there's a lack of communication between Gaia and the users? What about within Gaia itself among admins, developers, etc.?

Thank-you so much for listening and talking to us every Monday night. Please continue to do so!
First Page?

w00t! First page!

Hi Everyone smile

Sorry I missed last weeks' AtA.
Hello Lanzer I only have 2 questions for you.

1. Is the "Alruna's rose" ever going to get those missing poses that didn't fit into the final evolution?

2. What is your favorite type of cereal(assuming that you like cereal)?

Anxious Lunatic

Hi Lanzer and company:

1. I've noticed the servers running a little slow since item normalization... is this a coincidence, or is it relateed?

2. Speaking of Item Norm, how are the inventory fixes coming? What will the equip interface be like after it's worked on?? We're all waiting D:

3. Leather or lace?
Why is Gaia using photobucket as its main requirement for hosting images in contests? EVERY time I look at people’s photobucket hosted images I see a broken link to photobucket because the Bandwith was used up or because the image was moved or deleted. This makes viewing images very hard .imageshack.’s bandwith would allow for more people to view images before getting broken links if Gaia’s having treble with trolls posting images regulating image post size not image host would be the better idea. Photobucket users can still post images and roll the site. They just get there bandwith eaten up faster and broken links is no good in important threads. Ive seen broken links in the art arena and in some of my favorite threads so what does Gaia have against imageshack?

A lot of people are finding adds on Gaia that link them to spywere downloads, sites to obtain botted gold or are getting extremely loud talking advertisements why doesn’t Gaia have a filter to keep bad adds off Gaia?

When ZOMG comes out and we get clans if some one like me who already owns a guild wants a clan will the two things connect together at no extra cost? Or will I have to start a brand new 2nd guild ? or what? Hows it work? And what do clans do? Do they hoist quests and collect and give out items and host hunts? Or are they just for hanging out?
I would love to be able to make my own quest, chose a monster for people to hunt or bury a treasure some place, challenge people to go after it, reward them etc…

What is you favorite of the Gaia mangas so far?
Some of my faves were #15: The Death of Alien 9, #23: The Spirit of Competition, and #2: Return of Gino …the 1st 2 I liked for including real Gaia members in the plot the Gino one I liked for being dramatic and driving all us 04-05 Gaians crazy!

If you or any of the staff could made an item from your favorite thing in your cubicle or workstation, what would it be?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff