Welcome to Gaia! ::

Everyone had a good Labor day weekend?

Today is a special ATA since yesterday was a holiday, it's also a special ATA because this will be BigLanky's last ATA with us. Everybody, please take your chance to say bye to BigLanky and bid him farewell! And be sure to read his journal post (here)

The Android app is almost complete, and the beta version is out on the Android marketplace. Some functions are missing and there are some glaring bug (buying from marketplace doesn't work yet), but most major bugs should be fixed by end of week.

Welcome to ATA!

Winged Demon

16,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Just wanted first post redface

Edit:
Oh yeah, anything new on Alchemy? dramallama

Still wondering on that Leathery Egg component, has no use and the listing is still glitched. sad

And good bye BigLanky! Good luck with the teaching job! 3nodding

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Evening, folks.

- zOMG! Glitch Fix Update: What's the word on auto-cycling the servers? Also, what other game glitches have been worked on?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

Original Survivor

Good evening Devs, Artists, Admins, and Mods!

Lei_Trigar here with my 3rd(ish) AtA post with some more questions for you guys! ninja

1st Topic: Achievements: Firstly the little Title system you guys have implemented a while back with the Achievements was pretty cool. Gave us Gaians a nice way to come up with some funny and unique Titles and a reason to collect them all. xp So I'd like to thank whoever added that. smile
When you guys first released it I was really hoping for a 'Alchemist' Title.. I was Level 9 at the time so I thought maybe once I'd hit Level 10 I might get it.. Well when I hit Level 10 and I didn't.. So my question regarding that is; Why is there no 'Alchemist' Title? gonk

Another suggestion for the Achievements that I personally believe will help boost gameplay in zOMG! a lot and many players young and old would like to see as well. Its about the Kill Badges you collect in the game, There was always talk about integrating zOMG! with the Main Site and this would be very good way to do so. And here's a rundown on how the Points could work;
50 Kill Badge: 50 Points.
500 Kill Badge: 100 Points.
5000 Kill Badge: 200 Points.
And if you wanted to add something like Killing EB (End Boss) you can add one like this;
Beat EB first time: 300 Points.
Now, they don't have to have titles in them, unless you want to give them that unique name of the badge itself. Examples; Barnacle Fluff Leech you get the title Leech. For Ghost Lantern Shadow you would get Shadow as a title. Garlic Reaper could grant you the Reaper title!
I mean, we all know the game isn't going to be getting any major updates in a long time (if ever), so I'm sure you guys can still add little things like this at least. smile
Would it be difficult to implement something like this? mrgreen

Also, the same could also be done with Fishing and maybe some of the other little games Gaia has. smile

2nd Topic: Inventory Arranger: Yes, we know you're all finally getting around to updating it, but from what you've said the changes won't be to drastic. Here's my suggestion and please, if there is any reason why this can't be done I'd love to know!
My suggestion is to make everything act like a 'Game Item' meaning everything stacks and only having 1 spot in the Inventory Arranger, which would make moving say, my 388 Ocean Summer Top's into a certain spot amazingly easier, and that's just one example, another would be having the ability to sell those very cheap, inventory cluttering, items in bulk! And being able to buy them in bulk as well!
However, with the current set of how Game Items work, listing normal items in the MP would be troublesome and here's why; When I go to list Driftwood, it'll auto put in the total amount you own, that can very easily lead to very bad mispricing, so if you were to do this you'd have to think of a better way to let us know how many of that certain item we have.
Also, when looking at Game Items in the MP it'll always say "you have 1 item in your inventory" no matter how many you actually own, so that'll have to be somehow fixed as well.
Another downside is that Game Items cant be dragged into the Locker, most likely cause there's normally more then 1 owned. So maybe if there was a way to put in the amount of a certain item you want to put into the Locker..
Your thoughts on this?

3rd Topic: Alchemy: I have a question about something that was said in the past; When Alchemy was first introduced, you guys promised those who get to Level 10 would be rewarded, that reward was the Crown of the Thrice Great Formula, and at first it was very simple to craft, which was more like a reward, but shortly after, you guys changed it by adding 1 Craftable Component for each Level in the requirements, which now seems more like a punishment.. Why was this done?
Also, when will the next batch of Formulas be released? When Alchemy hits its 1 year anniversary? razz
And lastly, will there ever be an increase in Level? Cause once I crafted my last Formula that would've put me at full xp Bar, but cut me short by 51xp, it said "You've reached the current maximum Alchemy level!" So is that 'current' word a hint of a possible increase in Level?

4th Topic: Guilds: Will be getting any kind of posting update for them? It's really out dated..
Like once you post, you can't edit the posting style (from 'Say' to 'Ornate') at all. The quoting system isn't customizable at all and has made posting my Alchemy Thread in one a very difficult to do.. There are more, but those are the most 'annoying' for me right now. sweatdrop

Obsessed Marshall

71,375 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Marshall's Love 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Hey admins/devs
Last week I sent Lanky a PM containing some info on bots in zOMG, I guess he never got to it. sad
Is there anyone else I can shoot the PM towards? o3o

Dapper Dabbler

Hi everyone,

Since this is my last ATA (if you don't know already, my news is here), I just want to say thanks for an awesome almost-3 years here! It's been an absolute blast working for the best community on the interwebs.

I'll hopefully be able to stop by now and again. And in the meantime, know that you have a great team leading the site who really, really cares about you guys, and everything Gaia means.

Thank you.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Best of luck to BigLanky in his new career as a high school teacher! The minds of the future are in your hands! (No pressure.)

I like the changes that were made to an item's Marketplace listing page recently (listing the store price, the sellback price and the shop it can be found in on separate lines.) I've noticed a problem with the new setup, though...if an item has a store price, the Marketplace lists its Sellback price regardless of whether or not you can actually sell the item back from inventory. If you can't sell something from inventory the Marketplace shouldn't list it as having a Store Sellback Value. (example of an item this happens with.)

Speaking of the Marketplace and Aquarium items...since we've got Daily Chance and Dumpster Dive burying us in Aquarium items, can something please be done about the fact that, when choosing an item to sell on the Marketplace, Aquarium items only show up in the All tab?

IRL Millionaire

siskataya
Patiently waiting for your response to my PM. I beg of you to help me out. emotion_facepalm

Angelic Nitemare

Heya Gaia admins! Couple things to point out to ya this week you might find of interest:

1. As of the begining of this month, if you were a regular purchaser of GC throught your home phone or dsl, and your provider is AT&T? They no longer allow those purchases.

Found that out the hard way. -_-

2. Did you know, if you are logged into Gaia on a Kindle, you can't tip posts?

Found that out the hard way too. sweatdrop

And three, what's the status of the mod applications? Some of us really want to help out, and have been reporting...but feel we can do more.

Anyway, hope you guys had a great Labor Day, and I love the Tuesday REI evo and can't wait to see the new CS release tonight!

And let Lanky know we's gonna miss him!

-R

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Uesugi Ankit

And you got it! At least the first user post. Wheeeee!

Sisky

Winged Demon

16,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
siskataya
Uesugi Ankit

And you got it! At least the first user post. Wheeeee!

Sisky

I got the first quote, too. redface heart

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Ridley Starsmore
Heya Gaia admins! Couple things to point out to ya this week you might find of interest:

1. As of the begining of this month, if you were a regular purchaser of GC throught your home phone or dsl, and your provider is AT&T? They no longer allow those purchases.

And three, what's the status of the mod applications? Some of us really want to help out, and have been reporting...but feel we can do more.

Anyway, hope you guys had a great Labor Day, and I love the Tuesday REI evo and can't wait to see the new CS release tonight!

-R

3. We haven't forgotten and want to go through them as soon as we can!

I won't miss Lanky. >:(

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Squee Nii
siskataya
Patiently waiting for your response to my PM. I beg of you to help me out. emotion_facepalm

Thanks! Let me check my messages smile

Sisky

IRL Gekko

Zero Omega
Ridley Starsmore

-R

3. We haven't forgotten and want to go through them as soon as we can!

I won't miss Lanky. >:(
don't cry brony king

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas